Unpopular Opinions

I have zero desire for black to return to the Lightning's look on a full-time basis (I don't even want its current status as an alternate), and I like their standard sweaters just fine.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

I have zero desire for black to return to the Lightning's look on a full-time basis (I don't even want its current status as an alternate), and I like their standard sweaters just fine.

Their sweaters are fine. I know they're blue & white like the Maple Leafs, but I won't let that deny me from admitting that it's a clean, sleak look. I understand the Original 6 dress-up argument...somewhat, and I strongly understand the grand theft identity argument. But if the Leafs weren't around or had a different color palette, I don't think there would be as many complaints.

I do think there should be a touch of black somewhere in their identity though, just for team tradition sake. But no black trim on the jersey stripes. That would look incredibly minor league-ish. How about the collar? Oh yeah, but then on top of ripping off the Leafs and Kings, they'll be ripping off the Canes now as well. Idk where you could add black and at the same time have it truly work well.

I like the iverson era 76ers uniforms better then their current ones.

I like the Gold wizards jersey.

I like the oilers pre edge jerseys the best, including the meteor alternate.

I think some NHL teams should incorporate brown into their uniforms more often (gloves, pants, helmets)

I think the mid 90's cavs template is the best.

I think some NHL teams should incorporate brown into their uniforms more often (gloves, pants, helmets)

It was an oil drop, not a meteor:

1457a9ff8af370f711cbdd6bf1514e46.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Cubs' home uni looks cheesy with it's logo and pinstripes. The whole thing really just looks lame and tired to me. The road uni looks great, and they should go with something similar:

Anthony-Rizzo-Starlin-Castro-Chicago-Cub

They should go with something similar to what they've worn in the past:

mlbcc1945opt1.jpg

I somewhat agree. These are so much better than the current home jerseys:

cubs_143.jpg

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

oh yeah, I bitch about the Black alt constantly. I figured that and the camo will be seen in 150 games this season. Might as well stop producing the road gray and home whites.

I don't know if this one's unpopular but I can't stand the buccos wearing their god**** alternate every single night... They have a top 5 look when wearing their home and away unfiforms but their alt with the unnecessary outlines are killing me. This ain't the little leagues or beer league slo-pitch, this is Major League Baseball... They should do something about alts just like the NFL, it's getting out of hands.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Calgary Flames' recent uniform set, to me (except the red alternated = they need a black one!), is the best set of all uniforms they have donned since its inception. They're original and cool.

I find the '04 sets plain and typical.

That is an unpopular opinion!

oh yeah, I bitch about the Black alt constantly. I figured that and the camo will be seen in 150 games this season. Might as well stop producing the road gray and home whites.

I don't know if this one's unpopular but I can't stand the buccos wearing their god**** alternate every single night... They have a top 5 look when wearing their home and away unfiforms but their alt with the unnecessary outlines are killing me. This ain't the little leagues or beer league slo-pitch, this is Major League Baseball... They should do something about alts just like the NFL, it's getting out of hands.

I mean, wearing those a couple times a week is one thing but nine times out of ten is totally ridiculous. Their white and gray uniforms looking so good makes it even worse.

The Calgary Flames' recent uniform set, to me (except the red alternated = they need a black one!), is the best set of all uniforms they have donned since its inception. They're original and cool.

I find the '04 sets plain and typical.

That is an unpopular opinion!

I like the pants striping, that's about it.

It was an oil drop, not a meteor:

1457a9ff8af370f711cbdd6bf1514e46.jpg

i stand corrected.

still a great look though.

I don't think the Vancouver Canucks have ever had a great logo in their history. The current orca logo is alright, but does nothing to represent Canucks (I honestly thought a Canuck was a type of whale until I finally looked up what the word means). The flying skate was way too wacky and colorful (red, yellow, orange, and black is a bit excessive for a color scheme). The stick-in-rink logo is boring as hell (don't try to convince me that it's classic, it doesn't represent a Canuck either). Johnny Canuck is alright, because it at least does its job of representing the team name, but I don't think it could work full time on an NHL jersey.

I think it may be time for Vancouver's NHL franchise to rebrand itself (maybe they could resurrect the Millionaires name and logo).

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I don't think the Vancouver Canucks have ever had a great logo in their history. The current orca logo is alright, but does nothing to represent Canucks (I honestly thought a Canuck was a type of whale until I finally looked up what the word means). The flying skate was way too wacky and colorful (red, yellow, orange, and black is a bit excessive for a color scheme). The stick-in-rink logo is boring as hell (don't try to convince me that it's classic, it doesn't represent a Canuck either). Johnny Canuck is alright, because it at least does its job of representing the team name, but I don't think it could work full time on an NHL jersey.

I think it may be time for Vancouver's NHL franchise to rebrand itself (maybe they could resurrect the Millionaires name and logo).

No.

The Canucks have never had an iconic logo, I'll give you that. Though that's more because they've never stuck with a logo.

Aside from that, their identity is great. Best colours in the league, classic but distinct striping and the name is great (it's been around as Vancouver's hockey team name since the 40s, fans would not take kindly to a nickname change). Changing all of that would not help the identity crisis, but only exacerbate it.

The millionaires identity is bland enough, changing to that would be a significant downgrade.

There's no reason for the Canucks to rebrand, they just need to change the logo.

No.

The Canucks have never had an iconic logo, I'll give you that. Though that's more because they've never stuck with a logo.

Aside from that, their identity is great. Best colours in the league, classic but distinct striping and the name is great (it's been around as Vancouver's hockey team name since the 40s, fans would not take kindly to a nickname change). Changing all of that would not help the identity crisis, but only exacerbate it.

The millionaires identity is bland enough, changing to that would be a significant downgrade.

There's no reason for the Canucks to rebrand, they just need to change the logo.

Their 40th Anniversary Jersey would make a great road jersey.

I really dislike paneled caps, like the Orioles home cap. I've never really liked any of them, be it the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, Expos, whomever. It just kind of has an amateur or little-league look to it. In every case, I feel the teams' solid caps always look better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I really dislike paneled caps, like the Orioles home cap. I've never really liked any of them, be it the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, Expos, whomever. It just kind of has an amateur or little-league look to it. In every case, I feel the teams' solid caps always look better.

I agree... usually. I did buy a white-paneled New Hampshire Primaries cap last year.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree... usually. I did buy a white-paneled New Hampshire Primaries cap last year.

honestly, and this could be my O's bias.

I really, really like the Orioles home white paneled caps. But all the other teams that have tried, failed. And should be just for the O's, no one else.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske