Unpopular Opinions

This is the best Lightning jersey imho:

tblaltcullen_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&

Please tell me that's fake.

No that uniform is very real. It's so bad it's almost good.

Oh yes, it is real. (And yes, I know this jersey is bad from a design point of view.) But for some reason, it's my favorite of the Lightning's jerseys. It just says "Lightning" to me.

FBAE8D0B-90B0-4630-A368-733AC4995D95_zps

I like the Washington Nats' current uniforms. I thought the original wordmark the Nats used at home was horrible. Many are critical that the current "W" resembles the Walgreens logo, but I see it as a nice tribute to the Washington Senators 2.0 of my childhood.

I don't mind the curly w at all, but the nationals have such a nice script it is a shame they don't even use it on an alt jersey.

This looks too awesome to be relegated to T-Shirts and Jackets:

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion; as bad as that logo was, it's still better than the generic one they use now, if for no other reason than the colours. I really miss that area of reflective silver. It was fresh, original, and looked great on the ice. The 2007 update fixed the logos shortcomings without sacrificing its character.

• Like 1

I like the Washington Nats' current uniforms. I thought the original wordmark the Nats used at home was horrible. Many are critical that the current "W" resembles the Walgreens logo, but I see it as a nice tribute to the Washington Senators 2.0 of my childhood.

I don't mind the curly w at all, but the nationals have such a nice script it is a shame they don't even use it on an alt jersey.

That does look good. That's the same script used on their current away jerseys right?

What cap did they wear with those?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Not sure how unpopular this is, but when it comes to Canucks, my fave set is the Pre-Edge set.

Jovanovski_2001_full.jpg

dec0610_06nazzy07_b_slide.jpg

This set is just beautiful..... I love the colour scheme, the logos (The Orca looked better in it's natural colours IMO)...

My other opinion is NBA related, and I know this is gonna get me flak. But I don't understand the hate for this Magic set:

47338845.JPG

The pinstripes set has too clunky of a font, as did the sublimated stars. And the set they have now has piping issues ala Calgary Flames.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

That does look good. That's the same script used on their current away jerseys right?

What cap did they wear with those?

It's actually an unused prototype (unfortunately), but I presume they would've worn the home caps with those.

This is the best Lightning jersey imho:

tblaltcullen_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&

This could have joined the Wildwing Ducks jersey as a member of the "so 90s I can't even hate it" club, but it was just too poorly executed. The logo may the worst primary logo in NHL history, and the rain drops look like sprinkles. A gradient made of horizontal lines for the rain and the 2nd logo would have made this a classic

One thing I miss about older alternate uniforms (1990's) such as this one is that they seemed to be a more "fun" take on a team's identity (Wild Wing, the Bruins' Pooh Bear, the Canucks 2 gradient jerseys the Stars' "full jersey star" jerseys, ect). Perfect to break out a few times a year, and then you had the regular sets to build your identity around.

Everything now seems like color swaps or throwbacks or otherwise uninspired alts. Maybe it's just nostagia talking.

To me this is one of those "So bad it's good" uniforms. I know there's too much red, but I still like it.

83572698_display_image.jpg?1318475940

EDIT: Looking back, I realized I have a ton of unpopular opinions.

I feel like they've gotten obliterated on national television every time they've worn these. They just remind me of the darkest parts of the Jim Zorn era (as opposed to the oh-so-magical times we're experiencing now). Hopefully this combo never sees the light of day again.

90758391980.gif

To me this is one of those "So bad it's good" uniforms. I know there's too much red, but I still like it.

I feel like they've gotten obliterated on national television every time they've worn these. They just remind me of the darkest parts of the Jim Zorn era (as opposed to the oh-so-magical times we're experiencing now). Hopefully this combo never sees the light of day again.

https://youtu.be/6-tqLG__Al4

90758391980.gif

Monochrome red or not, they'll still get obliterated on national TV.

Monochrome red or not, they'll still get obliterated on national TV.

This is true

:/

• Like 1

90758391980.gif

Amen to that...