Unpopular Opinions

To me this is one of those "So bad it's good" uniforms. I know there's too much red, but I still like it.

83572698_display_image.jpg?1318475940

EDIT: Looking back, I realized I have a ton of unpopular opinions.

I feel like they've gotten obliterated on national television every time they've worn these. They just remind me of the darkest parts of the Jim Zorn era (as opposed to the oh-so-magical times we're experiencing now). Hopefully this combo never sees the light of day again.

Yeah, the Steelers obliterated them.

When they wore them against Dallas in 2009, the Cowboys beat the Skins 7-6 on a last-minute TD pass...Skins were shutting Dallas out 6-0 for the whole game and lost at the end. Was a crazy game actually.

Story behind the uniforms:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2008/11/Issue-38/Franchises/Players-The-Impetus-Behind-Redskins-All-Burgundy-Uniforms.aspx

87Redskins.png

Put me in the minority.... but I've never thought the original Sharks look was anything special. I don't really see why people go berserk for them.

I mean the Jersey looks good, but it'd never be in a list of my favorites.

Well all the looks after looked cluttered or way to bare... The orignial reebok edge was a MESS of black, teel, orange, and front numbers just slapped on, then the current look is stripped down to basically nothing. Except the front numbers.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

To me this is one of those "So bad it's good" uniforms. I know there's too much red, but I still like it.

83572698_display_image.jpg?1318475940

EDIT: Looking back, I realized I have a ton of unpopular opinions.

I feel like they've gotten obliterated on national television every time they've worn these. They just remind me of the darkest parts of the Jim Zorn era (as opposed to the oh-so-magical times we're experiencing now). Hopefully this combo never sees the light of day again.

Yeah, the Steelers obliterated them.

When they wore them against Dallas in 2009, the Cowboys beat the Skins 7-6 on a last-minute TD pass...Skins were shutting Dallas out 6-0 for the whole game and lost at the end. Was a crazy game actually.

Story behind the uniforms:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2008/11/Issue-38/Franchises/Players-The-Impetus-Behind-Redskins-All-Burgundy-Uniforms.aspx

I'm actually glad I missed that game. My neighbor gave me a recap of the whole thing right after it ended.

the Raiders, Giants, Bills discussion inspired me to write this: Simple Vs Boring - http://brandmooreart.blogspot.com/2015/09/graphic-language-simplicity-vs-boring.html

"The Giants’ uniforms are also simple, and their effectiveness comes from their uniqueness and quirks in the design, mainly all 3 of their jerseys designed with only 2 colors for each. It is a smart, unique, and beautiful way to design a uniform using the most common color palette in American sports: red, white, and blue."

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

My other opinion is NBA related, and I know this is gonna get me flak. But I don't understand the hate for this Magic set:

47338845.JPG

The pinstripes set has too clunky of a font, as did the sublimated stars. And the set they have now has piping issues ala Calgary Flames.

I don't think there was any hate for this set, mostly just indifference. A 90's team in Orlando, Florida with a singular team name that's as silly as Magic should not be using block fonts and a subdued look. And this set was the latecomer to the block-fonts-with-double-double-outline-and side-panels bandwagon the NBA had from the late 90's to the early 00's. It looked like a NOLA hornets ripoff

barondavis.jpg

jason-kidd.jpg

mem-griz-2001-away.jpg

hi-res-2968361_display_image.jpg

the spurs could probably be included here too

07Giants.pngnyy.png

My other opinion is NBA related, and I know this is gonna get me flak. But I don't understand the hate for this Magic set:

47338845.JPG

The pinstripes set has too clunky of a font, as did the sublimated stars. And the set they have now has piping issues ala Calgary Flames.

I don't think there was any hate for this set, mostly just indifference. A 90's team in Orlando, Florida with a singular team name that's as silly as Magic should not be using block fonts and a subdued look. And this set was the latecomer to the block-fonts-with-double-double-outline-and side-panels bandwagon the NBA had from the late 90's to the early 00's. It looked like a NOLA hornets ripoff

barondavis.jpg

jason-kidd.jpg

mem-griz-2001-away.jpg

hi-res-2968361_display_image.jpg

the spurs could probably be included here too

Sad to say this, but that font is stil the best font they've used.

• Like 1

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Speaking of that post up above, can I say that I love that Memphis Grizzlies jersey set?

Also, agreed on the pinstripes.. but not my fave Pacers set of all time. I feel they're close with what they have now, but once again, NBA and Adidas/Reebok/CCM/ WTF call themselves now going piping crazy on us.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I hate the New Orleans Pelicans identity so much that I would support a CFL-like New Orleans Hornets in the west, Charlotte Hornets in the east situation in the NBA. There, I said it...

What exactly do you mean by CFL-like?

CFL-like meaning it would be similar to how the CFL had two Roughriders franchises for many years. (In Saskatchewan and Ottawa)

Edited by 1insaneguy