Hockey Logo

MTWillie

They used to use a knockoff of the Colorado Avalanche logo, with an R for Richland instead of the "A" and swooping puck.

It's still very rough so bear with that.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, and what could be fixed.

20580282388323154931.png

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

you should redo this concept,because i can not believe that rangers would use this at all

It's things like this that piss me off about criticism. Why wouldn't they use it? Do you even know the program? I would say no. If you don't know what you are commenting on, read.

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

you should redo this concept,because i can not believe that rangers would use this at all

You do realize this is a concept for a youth hockey program, correct? and not the NY Rangers?

Personally, I think this is great. It's a really solid structure and overall, a very balanced design.

I almost don't think you really even need the hockey sticks. Perhaps institute an inner-shield design (if that makes any sense). I've always kind of toyed with the idea of a shield like this with a stars & stripes motif throughout. I don't know... something to think about?

northstars.jpg

You will never get respect around here giving C&C like this, try to be constructive or don't post.

As far as the concept goes, I would probably switch the red and the blue, in order to move away from the Confederate flag look. You should lose the gradient effect behind the Rangers text. It screams 90's, and more importantly would be difficult to recreate in any medium other than the computer. Also I think you should try to use something to fill the negative space in the shield created by the banner. Maybe a star in each corner would do the trick. Great start, I'm looking forward to an update.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

This is gonna sound dumb, but the sticks need fixed. The blades of the sticks need to be closer to horizontal, or the shafts of the sticks need to be altered. what I'm trying to get at, is that if you made the argument that the sticks are being tilted towards the viewer, making that angle work, the top side, rather than the bottom side, of the stick shaft would be showing. Little fixes like that go a long way with clean, simple logos like this.

And if you're not feeling the shield, try using the outline of the county (assuming they represent the county, I suppose), but really, the shield looks good

Nice work, definitely post updates.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is gonna sound dumb, but the sticks need fixed. The blades of the sticks need to be closer to horizontal, or the shafts of the sticks need to be altered. what I'm trying to get at, is that if you made the argument that the sticks are being tilted towards the viewer, making that angle work, the top side, rather than the bottom side, of the stick shaft would be showing. Little fixes like that go a long way with clean, simple logos like this.

And if you're not feeling the shield, try using the outline of the county (assuming they represent the county, I suppose), but really, the shield looks good

Nice work, definitely post updates.

Changing up the sticks would make sense, actually.

I would remove the gradient and try out different kinds of shields, as well as the outline of the county. If it's not too weird looking it could have a really neat look.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

This isn't too bad really. I like it but it could definitely be improved like everyone else has said. I think something that would be good to know is Why did they choose the name Rangers? I always like when you can take the logo and make it represent the history and culture of the region, for example- the Marquette Rangers, formerly of the NAHL:marquette_rangers_2008-09.gif This represents the mining culture of Marquette's Iron Range, what does the Rangers nickname represent in Richland?

If you are really wanting to keep the sticks, I would try something like the ones used on this Chicago Blackhawks Shield As for the shield, the one you've got is pretty good but if you're going to try different shields, may I suggest using something like the National Park Service shield:NPS Shield

Try these out and see if they make any difference, good luck to you and good luck to the Rangers.

I kinda like the idea of the outline of the county, but it's a bit of an awkward shape to work with.

675px-Richland_County_Montana_Incorporated_and_Unincorporated_areas_Sidney_Highlighted.svg.png

hmmmm, that's true. Something you could try is making it like the New Orleans Saints' chest patch commemorating Louisiana - link

I'm not sure how it would work with outlines like that. I would try mixing up the bottom though and making it a tad curvier like it is on the map (just for consistency's sake). I don't know for sure that it would look right, but it's worth a shot. Removing the areas where water is present inside the count would make sense, I think.

You could always try something out of the box, as well

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Archived