Rbk Edge

JackFr

In the Sportslogos section I've been asking for information on what the bad parts of these 18 Rbk Edge uniform sets are.

3.4 Los Angeles Kings

3.4 San Jose Sharks

3.4 Ottawa Senators

3.3 Philadelphia Flyers

3.3 Pittsburgh Penguins

3.3 Carolina Hurricanes

3.3 Calgary Flames

3.1 Vancouver Canucks

3.1 Buffalo Sabres

3.0 Florida Panthers

3.0 Colorado Avalanche

3.0 Nashville Predators

2.9 New York Islanders

2.9 Atlanta Thrashers

2.7 Dallas Stars

2.6 Toronto Maple Leafs

2.6 Edmonton Oilers

2.6 Anaheim Ducks

Red is taken off, Bold is finished.

If you haven't seen the thread, you may be wondering what the numbers mean. On the old NHL Tournament of logos site the users rated each (at that time new) Rbk Edge uniform set. In my opinion, anything below a 3.5 needed a change. I'm removing Philadelphia from the list. I did these in no particular order, although after this first one I'll be going from best to worst.

Before you start, yes Iim a Paint user. However, after this concept that will no longer be true as I hope to get Illustrator soon. Updates are planned for all of these so C&C is important. So without further ado:

#1) Pittsburgh Penguins

To do this concept I went over the past jerseys of the Penguins and fan reaction to them. It seemed that the favourite jerseys were these:

Mario Black/Gold jerseys

Black Pittsburgh Script jerseys

Vegas gold triangle jerseys

and the ones that were love it or hate it were these:

Robo-Penguin

Anything with blue.

I figured that since black and gold were Bruins colours (They play eachother so often that it's not worth it) and the script was already becoming a cliche (like the taking a modern logo and putting it in a circle), the best option was the Vegas gold triangles. These are my personal favourite Pens jerseys and that Rbk took their spokesperson and put him in a cookie-cutter jersey is confusing, especially with this beauty already in use. The Gold is shiny like (i think) the Duck's is.

I added a Navy third jersey based on the ones that they used before Mario arrived with a little Vegas added as a trim. I used the vintage Penguin to complete the retro look.

pens.png

C&C very wanted. I have a new logo from scratch coming up for the kings; this won't just be a colouring in thing.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The home and road look great. Perfect, actually. It's what the Penguins should be wearing now.

The alt leaves a lot to be desired. The gold and light blue will blend together on the stripes, I can't stand the logo-in-circle thing, and there's just way too much white.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The home and road look great. Perfect, actually. It's what the Penguins should be wearing now.

The alt leaves a lot to be desired. The gold and light blue will blend together on the stripes, I can't stand the logo-in-circle thing, and there's just way too much white.

Thanks. That's what I'm going for with this series.

Do you think that the third should have blue or not? There isn't much to do with a pens third that isn't retro because vegas doesn't make for a pretty jersey. I personally like the alternate, although I see what you mean with the circle.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

#1) Pittsburgh Penguins

To do this concept I went over the past jerseys of the Penguins and fan reaction to them. It seemed that the favourite jerseys were these:

Mario Black/Gold jerseys

Black Pittsburgh Script jerseys

Vegas gold triangle jerseys

and the ones that were love it or hate it were these:

Robo-Penguin

Anything with blue.

I figured that since black and gold were Bruins colours (They play eachother so often that it's not worth it) and the script was already becoming a cliche (like the taking a modern logo and putting it in a circle), the best option was the Vegas gold triangles. These are my personal favourite Pens jerseys and that Rbk took their spokesperson and put him in a cookie-cutter jersey is confusing, especially with this beauty already in use. The Gold is shiny like (i think) the Duck's is.

I added a Navy third jersey based on the ones that they used before Mario arrived with a little Vegas added as a trim. I used the vintage Penguin to complete the retro look.

pens.png

C&C very wanted. I have a new logo from scratch coming up for the kings; this won't just be a colouring in thing.

Agreed, these sweaters were very delicious. I personally want the black & gold back so we can return to the glory days of having all 3 teams using the same palate. I would love to have an athletic gold alternate, as well. You're correct that the "gold" in the Ducks' jersey is shiny. It actually has the same raised stripe texture on it that the old Penguins gold stripes had, except Reebok has the ribbing vertical rather than following the angles if you understand what I mean.

I absolutely abhor that 3rd though. The colors just don't work correctly, in my opinion. If you feel the need to use the navy sweaters, I would suggest a take on the Larouche-era design - link not the exact jersey, but something akin to it if you absolutely don't want to use the powder blues.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

That's actually the jersey I based them off of. You can see it in the striping. Anyway, I love the triangles and heving seen the Screaming Eagles play plenty of times decided that black and yellow doesn't work there. Should I use Cup-era jerseys as the third?

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Thanks. That's what I'm going for with this series.

Do you think that the third should have blue or not? There isn't much to do with a pens third that isn't retro because vegas doesn't make for a pretty jersey. I personally like the alternate, although I see what you mean with the circle.

Well, I've never seen a navy blue penguin, so I'll have to say that black would be an improvement. Double-blue is a fad, and aside from a very select few teams, it really doesn't belong. Titans, Argos, sure. Penguins? No.

Try something similar using black/light blue, or maybe black/yellow, and you might have a winner.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

#2) Ottawa Senators

The team sharing the Penguins template did not have as impressive a uniform history to work with. I chose the unanimously praised profile Senator as the primary logo. The chevrons on the yellow were based on the old thirds. The aim of these was to add the class that the current jerseys lack, and utilize the gold and senator logo that the franchise underuses. Third to come with update.

sens.png

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Your chevrons look very blurry, so you may want to tidy that up. In addition, you may want to use a real gold instead of the yellow. Red/yellow/black says 'Flames' to me, not 'Senators'. The Sens are black/red/gold, and in that order.

SENATORS UPDATE ONE:

I darkened the red to match the logos. Other than that the jerseys remain the same. I created a black third as well. The aim was to be out there while maintaining the class that I believe should go along with a name like Senators. Some of you may not like it, but I do. JSYK, the letters on the back have an invisible black outline for longer names.

sens-2.png

My NHL Rebrand Blog

If they would put their logo on the front instead of an abbreviated team name, they'd be nothing short of spectacular. I don't really like the look of yours, but I appreciate what you're going for, I don't know what to tell you as far as what to add to it, I just think all the empty space makes me twitch.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Archived