2010 NFL Alternate and Throwback Uniform Schedule

dennisbergan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Baltimore Ravens will wear their black jersey againt Denver on Oct. 10, Tampa Bay on Nov. 28 and New Orleans on Dec. 19.

I know that this is what's being reported, but aren't NFL teams only permitted to wear their alternates twice per season? Did that rule change?

the rule is they can wear the third jerseys up to 3 times a year, but they can only wear an Alt or a Throwback, not both. So this year the Eagles will wear a 1960 thowback so they can not wear the black jersey

the only reason i know its 3 times is bc someone posted something from the Ravens some pages back.

here is the link.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/06/09/back-in-black-for-three-games/

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Teams ARE only allowed to wear their third jerseys twice a year. I thought it odd too when learning that the Ravens are wearing their alternates 3 times.

they can only wear an Alt or a Throwback, not both.

Except for last year with the AFL 50th anniversary thing. The Chargers and Broncos were allowed to wear their third jerseys in addition to their AFL throwbacks. The Titans could have done the same with their alternates but didn't.

Teams ARE only allowed to wear their third jerseys twice a year. I thought it odd too when learning that the Ravens are wearing their alternates 3 times.

they can only wear an Alt or a Throwback, not both.

Except for last year with the AFL 50th anniversary thing. The Chargers and Broncos were allowed to wear their third jerseys in addition to their AFL throwbacks. The Titans could have done the same with their alternates but didn't.

yea i thought they can only wear it twice but if the Ravens will be wearing it 3 times then the rule must be 3, i guess we will find out. and yes i know last year the rules didnt apply due to the AFL 50th anniversary

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

The "alt/throwback" rule is that teams can wear them once in the preseason and twice in the regular season.

The Ravens will only be allowed to wear their black alts twice in the regular season.

Bengals will wear orange alts on November 21st versus Buffalo and December 26th versus San Diego.

Redskins could wear gold pants at some point, according to hints from Bruce Allen. Nothing official though.

hail08a.jpg

hail08b.jpg

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/05/redskins_moving_toward_gold_pa.html

Also, in FedEx Field's official team store...

01-yellowpantsshirt.jpg

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/redskins_alumni_will_help_deci.html

Could be 2011. Who knows:

Allen said the Redskins would not have an alternate uniform this season. He declined to say whether the team would wear dark or white colors at home. He said the team's helmets would stay the same. And he said he liked the fact that so many people were fascinated by this issue.

"It's wonderful, and as we spend more and more time with the alumni, believe me, they have some specific ideas of concepts we should do," Allen said. "And we really are gonna listen to our alumni quite a bit this year."

My prediction - white jerseys with existing burgundy pants, burgundy jerseys with GOLD pants. They've already worn the white/burgundy combo vs. Buffalo last Friday.

87Redskins.png

I think the NFL should make Thanksgiving a throwback weekend, making all teams wear throwbacks.

for new teams who have no real history or have not been in the league that long (like the texans) they could wear teams they played in the city before that were not nfl teams. maybe they can wear the USFL, UFL (the 1960's UFL) and WFL team jersey.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

My prediction - white jerseys with existing burgundy pants, burgundy jerseys with GOLD pants. They've already worn the white/burgundy combo vs. Buffalo last Friday.

If you look at the Texans website they have Houston wearing their whites in Washington. Which means that the Redskins will be in their burgundy uniforms. What color pants to go with it, we'll have to see and find out.

Could the Redskins be mixing it up with what colors they wear at home for 2010? They have already worn white like they usually do for home games against Buffalo so far.

I think the NFL should make Thanksgiving a throwback weekend, making all teams wear throwbacks.

for new teams who have no real history or have not been in the league that long (like the texans) they could wear teams they played in the city before that were not nfl teams. maybe they can wear the USFL, UFL (the 1960's UFL) and WFL team jersey.

The Texans and Panthers don't have anything to throw back to as they have always had the same uniforms since they came into existence in the league.

I think that would be a bit too much. If they are going to have every team wear throwbacks they should do it like the 1994 season or last year when all the old AFL teams wore throwbacks against each other.

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

Huh?! If that is true, KC must be wearing white at home. If so, horrible move. Have they ever done that before?

I agree. I liked when they had all teams wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving. It would be nice to expanded it to the entire weekend for teams old enough to have throwbacks. However, in the day of unnecessary alts being worn 2-3 times per season, we don't need to see another game where teams don't wear their normal unis.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Denver broncos wear orange on 8/21 vs Detroit, 10/17 vs New York Jets, and 12/5 at Kansas City.

Huh?! If that is true, KC must be wearing white at home. If so, horrible move. Have they ever done that before?

Yes, all of the 1980 season.

Archived