ReBrand: NBA

A-Train

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the new topic but the previous thread was getting a little cluttered already, and could have been easily confusing for people that are just following, so I decided to create a new one so there's no confusion. Another reason is because their were 10-15 different logo, but now it's settled. So thanks for all the feedback so far in making this the best it can be.

1. Oklahoma City Thunder

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you planning on submitting this? Or is this strictly for fun? Just curious on the process if you do plan on submitting it.

Just for fun, because in all reality I know it would never make it to approval.

Are you planning on submitting this? Or is this strictly for fun? Just curious on the process if you do plan on submitting it.

Why do you say that? Have you attempted it before? I would think making it public hurts your chances, but OKC is obviously going to revise their logo at some point. Might as well throw your name into the hat.

I'm working on some logos that I have not made public and I just wonder if I would be wasting my time trying to submit them.

Your logo has 8 different colors, but the uniform itself has only 3. I would not add more than one or two extra colors, because it looks like they are part of two different identities.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Your logo has 8 different colors, but the uniform itself has only 3. I would not add more than one or two extra colors, because it looks like they are part of two different identities.

The Steelers, Braves, and Blackhawks all get away with having extra colors in their logos that don't appear elsewhere. Why couldn't the Thunder?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You're right, because why would they drop their napkin-drawn logo for one that looks like a professional sports team?

I love the overall design of the logo. I think it is perfect. The only thing I would consider is actually eliminating the orange. Eight colors is a lot to work with, even though I know three of them are just used for depth. I'm really struggling with the same issue with my Wizards logo and I'm using 6 colors. Two-toned ball and skin colors (on the Wizard) make it difficult.

I know you said you were set on the logo, but I wonder if making the ball gray like the cloud will help "simplify" it.

Even as is, with all the the colors, I think it is exponentially better than what they have now.

The Steelers, Braves, and Blackhawks all get away with having extra colors in their logos that don't appear elsewhere. Why couldn't the Thunder?

Because in this case, the artist seems to emphasizing navy and silver, neither of which appears in the uniform. The use of navy is very dominant, implying it's a primary color for the identity.

The Steelers are different, because their logo is based on the US Steel logo.

The other teams mentioned use those colors as secondaries.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Great concept, it?s much better than what they?re currently using but your secondary logo immediately made me think of the old Detroit Shock alternate logo (below). I wouldn?t change a thing about the uniforms.

1580.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I liked the final version from the last thread, kinda disappointed by this one. But even so, if your gonna stick with this one, I think those unis need some tweaking, I cant find the words for it, but something there just doesnt look right/good IMO.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I liked the final version from the last thread, kinda disappointed by this one. But even so, if your gonna stick with this one, I think those unis need some tweaking, I cant find the words for it, but something there just doesnt look right/good IMO.

That immediately caught my eye too. Personally, I think dark navy needs to make an appearance in the uniforms. While you've got a nice color palette, the colors don't contrast as much as you probably thought they should, the brightness of the three colors really defeats the purpose. If you use the navy as an outline color (or atleast productively and sparingly), you'd have a good set.

Archived