Thunder Bay Ravens

Sigma Kappa

Hi guys, I am back with my latest design. It's for the "Iron Designer" challenge over on Puckdrawn. The team is called the Thunder Bay Ravens and here are the logos. So what do you think about it?

Primary logo with incorporated lightning ...I am sorry, have no idea how to draw thunder :D to represent city of Thunder Bay

TBRavens.png

I tried to incorporate symbols of Canada and Ontario Province into the secondary logo

TBRavens2.png

ThunderBayRavens1.png

...thank you for viewing and all your comments and critics guys!

sks7copy-4.png

Red is too dark right now. The logo lacks contrast. With the Raven's head I read both colors as shadows since they are so similar in tone. With a brighter red, the red will read as middle ground, blue as shadow, white as highlight.

Also I don't think the grey is necessary.

Damn good work though.

At first glance, the Raven comes off looking like a cockroach to me; this is specifically because of the bottom of the beak. I think you may be angling it too much so that it begins to look like pinchers, rather than a beak. A separation between the red shape and the beak itself could help as well, (like you said, you don't have much leway on the color choice, but if possible, brighten the red or darken the navy) possibly making it silver. Other than that, solid stuff here, Sigma.

I really like your work! Nice raven.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Really nice. Couple of things that stick out to me.

Raven Logo:

- Feels like where the beak breaks the edge of the crest, you should get rid of the part between the beak.

- I would make the lightning curve slightly with the rest of the bird shape and perhaps make it a bit longer and wider.

- If you are going to use grey, make the key line grey around the outside of the logo also.

Maple Leaf Logo:

- The two lines that sit in the middle of the leaf are really odd an break up the shape of it.

- Grey Keyline again?

Look good on the whole tho.

Like others, I love the logos but feel that they both (especially the raven) need much more contrast. I understand that you cannot change the color scheme, so why not try adding some conservative touches of the white or gray along the edges of the red sections of the raven? (This would especially help brighten up the beak.)

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

i think the style of this is exceptional. the only things which have already been mentioned is making he lightning curve withe flow of the whole bird and logo. also, the beak looks kind of like lobster claws to me. not bad really, just needs slight tweaking, but those are both nit-picky on my part. I love it

Archived