Angels 50th Anniversary

oddball

I got this newsletter in my email today and was wondering if anyone heard anything on tweaks to the Angels uniforms for next year or something new.

50th Anniversary Kick-Off Event this Friday

Come out to the Angel Stadium home plate gate hats this Friday September 24th between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. This will mark the official start to the year-long, Angels Baseball 50th Anniversary celebration.

Friday night's activities include the opportunity to see live interviews as current and former Angels discuss their place in Halo history at the AM830 stage by Gate 2.

The Angels' 50th Anniversary logo will also be revealed in select locations throughout Angel Stadium.

In addition, the club's home, road and alternate uniforms for the 2011 campaign will be on display. Fans will also have the opportunity to win prizes at the event.

Continue to check angelsbaseball.com and your Angels Insider newsletters for more information as it becomes available throughout the Angels Baseball 50th Anniversary season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since they only mention three uniforms, maybe they're finally ditching the vests. I'd just like them to get rid of the uninspired sleeve patch and put the anniversary patch there. Now, to pray that the anniversary logo is another Radom gem.

VmWIn6B.png

From what I've seen so far, and I know I can't say much here...

#1 - the vest is gone - and #2 - the anniversary logo isn't breathtaking, but it's still pretty good. Other than that and every team getting new BP unis, the other changes are quite small.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

That was quick. The team press release spills the beans:

There were many factors important to the Angels when development of the logo began. The first was the gold halo, signifying the club's Golden Anniversary. It also pays homage to the Angels previous usage of a gold halo on past club marks. The logo conveys the celebration of 50 years of Angels Baseball, signified by the number 50 in club numbering featured predominantly beneath the halo. The ribbon below celebrates the club's expansion in 1961 through 2011 prosperity. Finally, the "A" logo and use of the color red emphasize the current brand imagery.

The Angels will commemorate the Golden Anniversary on-field with enhancements to the 2011 club uniforms. In lieu of the current silver halo, Angel hats will now feature a gold halo around the primary "A" logo as well as a 50th anniversary patch affixed to the left side. On the front of the club's home, road, and alternate red jerseys, a gold halo is featured on the "A" of the club lettering. The 50th anniversary patch will appear on the right sleeve, while an "A" patch with gold halo will be featured on the left sleeve.

Tremendous! One of the few flaws with the Angels' set is that the halo is silver rather than its traditional gold. I hope by "gold" they mean the athletic gold/yellow that they'd worn for so many years. I hope this winds up being a permanent change by popular demand. Great move.

SilverRed, how would you feel about this as an Angels primary?

Fundamentals of the "Angels Baseball" logo with gold halo, no more beveling, and no stupid "Angels Baseball" line. Ends up being the old California Angels primary without California in it.

angelslogo.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tremendous! One of the few flaws with the Angels' set is that the halo is silver rather than its traditional gold. I hope by "gold" they mean the athletic gold/yellow that they'd worn for so many years. I hope this winds up being a permanent change by popular demand. Great move.

SilverRed, how would you feel about this as an Angels primary?

Fundamentals of the "Angels Baseball" logo with gold halo, no more beveling, and no stupid "Angels Baseball" line. Ends up being the old California Angels primary without California in it.

angelslogo.jpg

That's a cool sleeve patch. I've always wanted one where they had a pair of wings on the A. I wish they could bring back the state of California, but I guess it doesn't make sense anymore. I'd also love to see something completely new -- an angel holding a bat?

I definitely prefer the beveled A, though, because I think that stands out better on a red hat. I'm also leery about switching to a gold halo permanently since we won the World Series with a silver halo. (Yep, I really like the current uniforms.)

One year with a gold halo again should be awesome though. I'm guessing they're going to go with a shiny metallic gold (not a yellow-gold) since that seems more anniversary-ish. And I'm already dreading how much money buying all this new stuff is going to cost me.

jpg-286x300.jpg

So let me get this straight:

The are changing the halo from silver to gold, but the halo in the patch remains silver?

I'd guess to emphasize that the primary logo is not changing, just the halo on uniforms... gold halo for golden anniversary

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived