Angels 50th Anniversary

oddball

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I

Tremendous! One of the few flaws with the Angels' set is that the halo is silver rather than its traditional gold. I hope by "gold" they mean the athletic gold/yellow that they'd worn for so many years. I hope this winds up being a permanent change by popular demand. Great move.

SilverRed, how would you feel about this as an Angels primary?

Fundamentals of the "Angels Baseball" logo with gold halo, no more beveling, and no stupid "Angels Baseball" line. Ends up being the old California Angels primary without California in it.

angelslogo.jpg

I was hoping that the Angels bring back the california silloute logo that they had during the 70s-80s

IMG_0312.jpg

Upgrade. They should keep it gold/yellow. I might have to pick up one of those.

Solid. (EDIT: Except for that patch on the side. Hate those.) Much better than if they had used the "old gold" as it looked they might.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MLB could use a legit red and yellow team, right? The Cardinals and Braves use some, but no one actually goes all out. Wish I saw more of that and blue and yellow.

Preacher, you've confirmed your insanity to me by professing a love for the periwinkle softball uniforms and questioning the reasoning from going away from it. The Disney years (minus the 2002 World Championship and change to red) were horrific. That A-Wing logo was just too cartoony-Disney. The Periwinkle pinstripes with the vest were awful. The sleeve patch was awful. The two bear mascots they created were awful. Them trying to play off the Mighty Ducks logo by making an Angels logo with the homeplate and crossed bats was awful.

Dude, WTF are you talking about?

I HATE that periwinkle bullcrap. If you re-read my statement, I simply stated (rhetorically) that I was surprised that they didn't go red and black (as opposed to periwinkle and navy) when they unveiled the periwinkle unis...

Christ, kid... read what I type before jumping to heinous conclusions.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Maybe theyre keep the uniform kinda like what the Celtics did back in 1996.

That would be great and it would be just as appropriate as it was in the C's instance.

We cab only hope. :rolleyes:

Yeah me too the Celtics made their logo classier and what funny is that I didn't even noticed the change until 99. As for the Angels since the hat logo is their primary logo why not. =-)

This uniform change is similar to what the Philadelphia Athletics did in 1950. According to "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" by Marc Okkonen, the Athletics added gold trim and a special patch to the uniform that year, commemorating Connie Mack's 50th year as manager of the club.

Pictures...

1949:al_1949_philadelphia.gif

1950:al_1950_philadelphia.gif

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Y

Q: How can you make a nice-looking logo/uniform even better?

A: See above.

1- Welcome to the club and congratulation on your Texas Rangers winning the west.

2- modernize I guess the Angels kinda lost it identity when they got rid of the halo but when they brought it back they made it better and now that Nolan Ryan own the Rangers maybe hell bring back the 86-93 logo.

This uniform change is similar to what the Philadelphia Athletics did in 1950. According to "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" by Marc Okkonen, the Athletics added gold trim and a special patch to the uniform that year, commemorating Connie Mack's 50th year as manager of the club.

Good catch. I didn't know if other teams had ever done something like this for an anniversary. I do remember the Red Sox adding gold trim for their first game after winning the World Series in 2004.

Congrats on winning the West.

Those gold halo hats/uniforms are SOOO GODDAMN :censored: ING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

That is absolute perfection.

If it is ever confirmed next season that this is a one-year one shot, I will snatch up those hats and jerseys in bulk. This look has to stay. I hope Arte gets plenty of letters and e-mails demanding this look stays. I know he won't ever change the name or uni-name any time soon, but he can do this.

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

And Sorry, Preacher.

On first read it came off as advocating them, but I misinterpreted it. My apologies. But my statement still stands, the softball jerseys are the suck :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Maybe I need a side-by-side of the old/new jerseys and caps, but it doesn't seem like that big of a change to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe I need a side-by-side of the old/new jerseys and caps, but it doesn't seem like that big of a change to me.

It's not a huge change, but this subtle thing makes a world of difference. To me at least.

Here's the examples (to cut down on the large images, I'll post links):

Current Silver Halo Hat

2011 Gold Halo Hat

Current Silver Halo Jersey

2011 Gold Halo Jersey

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's not a huge change, but this subtle thing makes a world of difference. To me at least.

Here's the examples (to cut down on the large images, I'll post links):

Current Silver Halo Hat

2011 Gold Halo Hat

Current Silver Halo Jersey

2011 Gold Halo Jersey

I'm still completely floored that the team hasn't released any Hi-Res pictures of the new hats and uniforms for next season. They made a big deal about the unveiling last Friday with press releases and then did no follow-up. For a franchise that usually does everything right by its fans, this is ridiculous.

How long would it take to get a few good pictures of the new stuff on the team website? It's not like Angels fans have anything else to be excited about right now.

Archived