Old vs New Soda Logos: Which do your prefer?

Master Amino

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not to sound like a youngster with no respect for the past, but I prefer the newer logos...save for the classic 7 Up logo. That guy's legit.

I love the shortened Mountain Dew title. Very sleek and modernized. And I love the futuristic look the newest Pepsi one has. Great choice of typeface.

HybridLogos-NBA-Timberwolves.png?t=1336836952

I'm literally the only Minnesotan I know who calls it soda.

Then you're literally the only sane person in Minnesota. Literally.

I like the old Mountain Dew and Pepsi ones because everything fits nicely. I guess I'll go with the new Sprite for the same reason.

New Mountain Dew. It just looks better then either of the old ones, in my opinion.

Either middle or old Pepsi. The classic Pepsi globe just looks so much better then the new one, which in my opinion looks like the old logo had a stroke.

New Sprite. It looks like a suitable update of the old logo, which isn't bad. The middle one? What were they thinking?

New Mountain Dew, middle Pepsi, and either of the newer Sprites.

Note: I've never in my life seen either of those newer Sprite logos before now. I'm pretty sure the 'old' one is the current one in Canada.

Also, the newest Pepsi logo looks like Old Spice.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

coke_logo.jpg

I hate how the current 2 liters and other packagaing doesn't have the ribbon.

Pepsi_1991.png

I liked this one, of course its the one I grew up with, and I guess I can see how white background and lots of red may be a prob for it now, but I dug it then.

DO_THE_DEW.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1237928461587

I really liked the late 90s update, didnt last long, the 2000s label one wasnt bad either (still prefer the late 90s one a but more) which is this

mountain_dew_logo.jpg

The current sprite logo is great, but I do like to point out the 90s diet label

image_dietspritezero2.jpg

Unlike the sprite zero label's its not bland lookin.

Also for 7up theres only one choice

7-up.jpg

What ever happened to RC?

It use to be on a par with Coke and Pepsi, it had commercials with celebrity sports endorsers see Ron Darling in 1986 was served at Shea Stadium for years.

Now its hard to find, and is more like a generic soda.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's pop.

Thoughts with no apparent order:

I'd say the current Mtn Dew is the best because it fits it's market better than the oldest one while still looking clean.

The new Pepsi logo would be perfect if they just kept the original swivelly thing instead of that new weird shape. The font and complete simplicity is great, just need the recognizable logo attached.

I think all the Sprite ones are fine.

RC has taken a throwback logo and made it unbearable, return to the 90's logo please.

The 7-Up dude is awesome.

I LOVE Coke's current look. The ribbon never seemed to fit on 2-liters and they always added stuff which made it too busy. The white-on-red text looks perfect and the ribbon fits right in on the cans.

Seriously, it's pop.

Archived