kevinmets

All-City Logos

456 posts in this topic

these are all awesome...

I tried Philly... it was tough, and not as crisp as everyone elses but here were my two attempts:

phillylogo.gifphillylogo2.gif

Would love to see what anyone else could come up with.

I'm happy to see this thread has taken on a life of its own. :D Originally I had no intention of doing more than just NY, it's cool to see people designing logos for what I assume are your actual home cities/states.

I'm just glad I was actually able to create a concept for once.

All Miami professional teams (Panthers don't count).

Miami-City.png

some cities left to be done

Los Angeles

Dallas

Atlanta

Phoenix

Twin Cities

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Washington

Wisconsin

St. Louis

San Francisco

these are all awesome...

I tried Philly... it was tough, and not as crisp as everyone elses but here were my two attempts:

phillylogo.gifphillylogo2.gif

Would love to see what anyone else could come up with.

Why blue and gold?

Chicago-City.png

Mr. T became a Bull

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I present to you all: Los Angeles

screenshot20101012at726.png

Codgers? I like the design but there's got to be a way to rearrange stuff so that it doesn't say "Codgers". Am I missing something? What does a codger have to do with LA.

1 person likes this

Codgers? I like the design but there's got to be a way to rearrange stuff so that it doesn't say "Codgers". Am I missing something? What does a codger have to do with LA.

Exactly.

In other words, what does a Laker or a Dodger have to do with LA?

I'm not new to the boards but this is my first post. I'm a Phoenix native and big Phoenix sports fan so here's my go.

phoenixsports.jpg

Due to the influence of the region's ubiquitous fleur-de-lis symbol, New Orleans would be pretty easy: a representative presentation of three fleurs-de-lis (in an inverted triangle fashion, as is found on the white field of the New Orleans city flag) with each being the logo of the three city teams (I've included the AAA baseball Zephyrs to complete the triad):

NOLA.PNG

Not as innovative as the others, but then again, what city has its own symbol? Closest would proabbly be the triangle associated with Pittsburgh.....

The Denver one looks great. And I assume the Philadelphia one is light blue and gold cause that's the official colors of Philadelphia?

Exactly.

In other words, what does a Laker or a Dodger have to do with LA?

The Lakers moved from Minneapolis, in the "Land of 1,000 Lakes".

The Dodgers moved from Brooklyn, and got their name from trolley car "dodgers", a nick name for people from Brooklyn at the time.

So there is at least a historical precedent for their names, even if they don't make sense in LA.

Uhh, anyway, my question was what does a Codger have to do with LA?

Wow, the Denver, Phoenix, and St. Louis ones are all awesome, in that order. Nice job guys.