All-City Logos

kevinmets

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a Connecticut one (Not much going on in this state with sports)

Connecticut Suns (WNBA)

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)

Connecticut Whale (AHL)

New Britian Rock Cats (AA, Twins)

Connecticut Tigers (A, Tigers)

Uconn

I made the Uconn and Rock Cats paws look like they belonged to the tigers body kinda

ct.png?t=1286994306

3535rx3.jpg

Codgers? I like the design but there's got to be a way to rearrange stuff so that it doesn't say "Codgers". Am I missing something? What does a codger have to do with LA.

Exactly.

In other words, what does a Laker or a Dodger have to do with LA?

The Lakers moved from Minneapolis, in the "Land of 1,000 Lakes".

The Dodgers moved from Brooklyn, and got their name from trolley car "dodgers", a nick name for people from Brooklyn at the time.

So there is at least a historical precedent for their names, even if they don't make sense in LA.

Uhh, anyway, my question was what does a Codger have to do with LA?

I guess it does require a bit of explanation:

- Most of the logos for sports teams in LA are script logos. Thus, to me it made the most sense to make this a script logo as well.

- Most professional LA sports teams' names have very little to do with Los Angeles. Like you pointed out, the Lakers and Dodgers have names that are very specific to other places, but hold little relevance to LA. This has always been a peeve for me - say you took the Texans and moved them to New York, but they still kept the Texans name. Clippers may work, but hold more relevance to San Diego. Kings are generic. In fact, the only two teams with names that are very relevant to LA are the Angels and the Galaxy (home of the stars). So to me, it seemed that the most popular teams in LA were those whose respective identities had very little to do with the city. Thus, in a combined city logo, I looked for one of the more absurd names that also had very little to do with the city.

- If we really want to try and force a relevance of "codger" to LA, we could say that California has the largest population age 65 and over - at least according to the 2000 census. Proportionally against other states' populations, it's not that large (10.6%, compared to Florida's 17.6%), but in terms of actual numbers, it's the largest (3.6m compared to Florida's 2.8m). I can guarantee you that most of them are living in sunny Southern California, too. Ironically, in this respect, "Codgers" are more relevant to LA than Lakers, Clippers, and Dodgers combined!

-I did it for the lulz...nothing more.

galaxy.png

I think some of these you are stretching too far on. Instead of using whole logos (like on the Atlanta one) try using parts of the logos so it conforms and shapes better.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It would be interesting instead of an all city one if some one could do one with all the National League Baseball teams or American League teams or something along the line of that but another sport. Or like each division. Anyone up for that challenge?

3535rx3.jpg

Archived