College Basketball uniforms '10-'11

ONUV

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics of Ohio State's new gray uniforms:

LITPLVQECOGUWBJ.20110120014327.jpg

More here.

Also, love the buckeye leaf on the waist.

I'm assuming they're third jerseys, like the previous gray uniforms. Haven't seen any red jerseys yet, so hopefully the grays aren't the road uni haha.

They aren't. tOSU will be wearing red versions for their next road contest.

LITPLVQECOGUWBJ.20110120014327.jpg

More here.

I'm assuming they're third jerseys, like the previous gray uniforms. Haven't seen any red jerseys yet, so hopefully the grays aren't the road uni haha.

And the Illini will be in their new whites, which are my favorite of the new set because the hole pattern on the shorts shows up, the design on the back shows better, and although I don't like much about the way it's styled and kerned, I like that it says ILLINI.

And the Illini will be in their new whites, which are my favorite of the new set because the hole pattern on the shorts shows up, the design on the back shows better, and although I don't like much about the way it's styled and kerned, I like that it says ILLINI.

I think that the two-tone wordmark shows up best on the white too. It was really hard to read it on the orange jerseys, even from where I was at the game about 20 feet away.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Ohio State looks fantastic. I think they're one of the only schools that can legitimately pull off this new gray jersey trend.

Georgetown? If any team owns the gray jersey...it's the Hoyas. All other teams who try, other than Ohio State, should be b#$% slapped! (and that includes UGA, who broke out these eyesores last year...

4329086911_1ab35ea337_b.jpg

Ohio State looks fantastic. I think they're one of the only schools that can legitimately pull off this new gray jersey trend.

Georgetown? If any team owns the gray jersey...it's the Hoyas. All other teams who try, other than Ohio State, should be b#$% slapped! (and that includes UGA, who broke out these eyesores last year...

When did G-Town start wearing them? I know Texas has a silver alt before it was cool.

The only way that would've worked was if the black striping on the side was just one full stripe, mimicking the football team's pants. I think they did it a couple of years ago, but can't remember what year exactly. Either way, that jersey looked much better than this one, IMO.

And you're right, if any team can wear the gray uniform and have it work for them, it's the Hoyas.

Well, yeah because the Hoyas didn't "start the gray jersey trend." It's a school color and they've worn gray jerseys since Patrick Ewing and probably before. Not that it isn't a school color for Ohio State, but to my knowledge they haven't worn a gray/silver jersey before. So, they're more "following the trend" but it fits with them.

That's what I meant.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I don't have a problem with teams that have gray as a color using gray basketball uniforms. In fact, that Georgia uniform posted is a huge disappointment since it would have looked better with striping more akin to the football team's pants.

Though I do have to ask: Why do athletes like things in grayscale so much? The major uniform trends lately are black and gray. And in football, Oregon had at least one game (maybe 2) where they were basically in grayscale. Do athletes hate colors or what?

I must say that i do think colorado can pull off the silver jersey, I am a huge fan of this look. The schools official colors are after all black and silver.... Black and gold is much more common though.

Actually, they're Silver and Gold.

Well, yeah because the Hoyas didn't "start the gray jersey trend." It's a school color and they've worn gray jerseys since Patrick Ewing and probably before. Not that it isn't a school color for Ohio State, but to my knowledge they haven't worn a gray/silver jersey before. So, they're more "following the trend" but it fits with them.

That's what I meant.

Ohio State used to wear silver at home as far back as the beginning of the 90's, the Jim Jackson era, from what I can remember. Maybe even before that. Texas used to wear gray a while back, so they can actually get a pass too.

I don't have a problem with teams that have gray as a color using gray basketball uniforms. In fact, that Georgia uniform posted is a huge disappointment since it would have looked better with striping more akin to the football team's pants.

Though I do have to ask: Why do athletes like things in grayscale so much? The major uniform trends lately are black and gray. And in football, Oregon had at least one game (maybe 2) where they were basically in grayscale. Do athletes hate colors or what?

It's not that athletes like things in greyscale, it's that they like to feel individual and unique and getting to wear a uniform that the school hasn't worn before does that. That is why they like aesthetically displeasing throwbacks that aren't the school colors either.

That's what I meant.

Ohio State used to wear silver at home as far back as the beginning of the 90's, the Jim Jackson era, from what I can remember. Maybe even before that. Texas used to wear gray a while back, so they can actually get a pass too.

Yes sir.

user_jackson_osumen.jpg

Jimmy Jackson

oden.jpg

Greg Oden

medium_butler.jpg

Jamar Butler

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yes sir.

user_jackson_osumen.jpg

Jimmy Jackson

Oh wow. I didn't know that, and I really like that a lot. I'm a sucker for the "number in between the name" thing, like Ohio State in this pic, North Carolina, etc. I'd love to have one of those jerseys.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Georgia's looks like :censored:. It looks like they took a bunch of old stripe patterns and threw them on their uniform. Turrible.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

@estones. agreed. the template actually looks pretty nice with their white, red, and black jerseys...but for some reason the silver ones had a terrible color pattern.

the silver uniforms they wore in 2005 were great...but they wore them against GaState, and got no coverage, so I cannot find a picture.

::edit:: found one! ncb_u_stukes_195.jpg

and wow, I never knew Colorado's official colors were gold and silver. That's actually really cool. Now their football uniforms and basketball uniforms make sense!!

Hearing lots of talk about Arizona finally breaking out the Hyper Elites vs. UCLA this week.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes sir.

user_jackson_osumen.jpg

Jimmy Jackson

Oh wow. I didn't know that, and I really like that a lot. I'm a sucker for the "number in between the name" thing, like Ohio State in this pic, North Carolina, etc. I'd love to have one of those jerseys.

I agree with the your opinion on the "number in between the name" thing, in most cases.

To be honest I had no idea they had their grays that far back either, until McCall mentioned it. I figured I'd provide some visual evidence haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That's what I meant.

I don't know about "way, way back" but Georgetown wore white with light blue and navy trim at home and light blue with white and navy trim on the road in the late 70s/early 80s. Their light blue was darker than say North Carolinas, but it didn't stop a Georgetown player from throwing a ball to James Worthy in the 1982 championship game. Also at that time Ewing started the trend of wearing a t-shirt under his jersey; he wore a gray Nike shirt under both uniforms, and the NCAA came up with a rule that the shirt had to match the jersey. For 1982-83 Georgetown dumped their old uniforms and came out in grey with navy and white trim for home and navy with grey and white trim on the road (and Ewing had matching t-shirts).

EDIT: Here is the 1982 Championship game - Georgetown in blue (the only time they wore blue that entire tourney was the final game):

0405_large.jpg

Here was them in white from a couple weeks prior to the Final Four:

0322_large.jpg

Archived