MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

I think a really good solution to the Padres and the brown faction would be to use brown with the sky blue. Merges the brown era, the blue era, and even ties into the city's favorite Charger color.

brownblue.jpg

Reminds me too much of the Phillies in the 80's (a look that wasn't all that great then either), plus I'm not sure mixing company with the soon to be departing Chargers is a great idea. But good try.

Maybe a darker blue (from the 90's and 2000's unis) mixed with "gold" (from the 69-84 unis). That would be a classy looking mixture of the first 15 and last 20 years IMO. And it would match California's state color scheme as well.

From what I remember of the Phillies, they were maroon and white and the sky blue was only in the away uniform, not part of the brand. I just like brown and sky blue combo and it makes sense to me. And, I'm holding out hope the Bolts won't be leaving. Dreamer?

padresbrownblue.jpg

I have to admit that's not terrible. And we'll see if you're a dreamer. But with Spanos and Anschutz talking, the SD stadium stalling out with their attempts to commandeer the convention center, and their lease being oh so easy to break it's really just a question if AEG can build the stadium in LA. If they can the Chargers are gone.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a really good solution to the Padres and the brown faction would be to use brown with the sky blue. Merges the brown era, the blue era, and even ties into the city's favorite Charger color.

brownblue.jpg

Looks good hawk. I wouldn't mind seeing the Padres go that route.

brownblue.jpg

Looks good hawk. I wouldn't mind seeing the Padres go that route.

Yeah, we've discussed that specific color palette many times here. I like it as well:

SanDiegoPadres_PF2_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

brownblue.jpg

I really like that color combo, and I will even go so far as to say it doesn't even need sand as a third color (although that wouldn't hurt it either). It creatively combines the earthy tones of the border region with the blue skies and ocean of the Pacific coast. I am picturing these colors with the 1984 Padres font on the uniforms, and I definitely like the idea.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I always loved that color combo for the Memphis Grizzlies, personally.

My ideal Padres palette is the one they came up with in 2004, just without the all-white SD caps and a more subtle khaki color for the roads.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks like I'm going to be at least partially right...

This is another one for the 2012 file. Now I have absolutely no inside information -- this is merely a fearless prediction. I predict that when the Marlins move into their new ballpark and change their name to the Miami Marlins, the Marlins will wear "MIAMI" on all their jerseys -- home, away and alt (if applicable) -- for that first season to promote their new name and will restore "MARLINS" on their home jerseys for 2013.

If this rings true, you heard it here first. :)

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I know I told you that when you made that prediction last year it had already been officially announced a year before your prediction.

Link to the actual story:

http://www.woodtv.co...-road-uniforms-

Marlins change road uniforms

They will be called the Miami Marlins in 2012

Updated: Tuesday, 05 Jan 2010, 3:04 PM EST<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Published : Tuesday, 05 Jan 2010, 3:03 PM EST

MIAMI (AP) - The Florida Marlins are getting a different look for the road.

The Marlins on Tuesday announced that the front of their gray road uniforms will read "Marlins" instead of "Florida." An "F" logo patch will also be removed from the uniforms' left sleeves.

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement that the change, which will start in the 2010 season, is part of the Marlins' re-branding efforts as the team prepares to move into a new ballpark.

The new, retractable-roof stadium in Miami's Little Havana neighborhood is expected to open in 2012. The team will be called the Miami Marlins when the ballpark opens.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I know I told you that when you made that prediction last year it had already been officially announced a year before your prediction.

Link to the actual story:

http://www.woodtv.co...-road-uniforms-

Marlins change road uniforms

They will be called the Miami Marlins in 2012

Updated: Tuesday, 05 Jan 2010, 3:04 PM EST<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Published : Tuesday, 05 Jan 2010, 3:03 PM EST

MIAMI (AP) - The Florida Marlins are getting a different look for the road.

The Marlins on Tuesday announced that the front of their gray road uniforms will read "Marlins" instead of "Florida." An "F" logo patch will also be removed from the uniforms' left sleeves.

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement that the change, which will start in the 2010 season, is part of the Marlins' re-branding efforts as the team prepares to move into a new ballpark.

The new, retractable-roof stadium in Miami's Little Havana neighborhood is expected to open in 2012. The team will be called the Miami Marlins when the ballpark opens.

I wasn't predicting that the team would be called the Miami Marlins. I was fully aware of that when I made my prediction. I was predicting that all jerseys would say "MIAMI," as opposed to the home jersey saying "MARLINS." And it appears that at least the home and aways will indeed say MIAMI.

Is there a way that we can move the quoted passages to the newer thread?

I wasn't predicting that the team would be called the Miami Marlins. I was fully aware of that when I made my prediction. I was predicting that all jerseys would say "MIAMI," as opposed to the home jersey saying "MARLINS." And it appears that at least the home and aways will indeed say MIAMI.

Is there a way that we can move the quoted passages to the newer thread?

Ah man, my bad. This whole time I thought you were making a prediction about the team being called Miami Marlins and was thinking, "They already announced it". LOL I apologize for completely mis-understanding. Well, I am bummed they did end up using 'MIAMI' on their unis at home. I hope that changes in the next few years.

Archived