MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on twitter, looks real!

anniversary_logo_150x157.jpg

Been on the site since late September (courtesy colorwerx.us)

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=nzofz6fw44rgozbgrg9sizqvu

Didn't the Twins do a 20th anniversary patch last season despite also being founded in 1961?

They did a 20th anniversary of their 1987 World title 3 years ago

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

While I am not a White Sox fan, I do love their uniforms. I think they are some of the best in sports. It might be interesting to see what they do. The inclusion of the "Winged Sock" could be kind of cool, but it would be a mistake to mess with their overall design.

About the Padres, I would love to see a return to brown, but I realize it's unlikely to ever happen. So, how about incorporating some elements of the 1984 uniforms that I think are widely popular among Padres fans? I would leave the 3 current uniforms as they are, but get rid of the home and road font and the wave logo, and replace them with the '84 font, and the 1969-1984 Friar for all sleeve patches. I would leave the road cap alone, but for the home, include a white triangular front panel with blue interlocking SD. Done.

Of course, they will do none of this......

While I am not a White Sox fan, I do love their uniforms. I think they are some of the best in sports. It might be interesting to see what they do. The inclusion of the "Winged Sock" could be kind of cool, but it would be a mistake to mess with their overall design.

About the Padres, I would love to see a return to brown, but I realize it's unlikely to ever happen. So, how about incorporating some elements of the 1984 uniforms that I think are widely popular among Padres fans? I would leave the 3 current uniforms as they are, but get rid of the home and road font and the wave logo, and replace them with the '84 font, and the 1969-1984 Friar for all sleeve patches. I would leave the road cap alone, but for the home, include a white triangular front panel with blue interlocking SD. Done.

They replaced the wave logo with the interlocking SD as their primary last year.

As for getting keeping the unreadable sand/white road hat and changing the classic home SD--you have it backwards.

They replaced the wave logo with the interlocking SD as their primary last year.

As for getting keeping the unreadable sand/white road hat and changing the classic home SD--you have it backwards.

I realize they replaced the Wave with the interlocking SD, but it is still on the road uniform. My point is the Friar should be the primary, either the original or the current, or something Mission-themed. Two white letters on a blue background doesn't cut it for them. They're not the Yankees or the Dodgers.

As for the hat, I could agree with reversing it, except for the fact that I don't like the home hat. It's way too Dodger-like, tho maybe that's the idea. Maybe they are trying to steal some of the multitudes of L.A. fans who live in San Diego. Just my opinions...

http://sportslogos.n...rgozbgrg9sizqvu

Didn't the Twins do a 20th anniversary patch last season despite also being founded in 1961?

Er, have no idea why I wrote "20," I meant "50." Last season, didn't they wear a 50th anniversary patch alongside the Target Field inaugral patch? If that's the case, seems the Twins and Angels count the total number of seasons they've played differently, despite both originating in 1961.

Er, have no idea why I wrote "20," I meant "50." Last season, didn't they wear a 50th anniversary patch alongside the Target Field inaugral patch? If that's the case, seems the Twins and Angels count the total number of seasons they've played differently, despite both originating in 1961.

Twins celebrated 50 seasons, Angels 50 years. There is a difference.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Twins celebrated 50 seasons, Angels 50 years. There is a difference.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I didn't realize each was using a different terminology.

Any word on if the Jays will be sporting a 35th season patch? They've always celebrated seasons (rather than years or anniversaries) in the past

I was thinking this the other day.

I hope they dont pull a move the Raptors did and, basically advertise their anniversary, only on their website.

4kv29i.jpg

Really? I had no idea, and the main CCSL site was not updated to reflect that.

News to me

Yup. Don't know if there's an official announcement I can link to, but the SD is all over the web site while the wave is tough to find. The wave isn't gone for good, just relegated to secondary status.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/

Also, among other SD logo tidbits, Padres employees are required to wear the logo, usually as a pin, while at work. Check it out in this shot.

I realize they replaced the Wave with the interlocking SD, but it is still on the road uniform. My point is the Friar should be the primary, either the original or the current, or something Mission-themed. Two white letters on a blue background doesn't cut it for them. They're not the Yankees or the Dodgers.

As for the hat, I could agree with reversing it, except for the fact that I don't like the home hat. It's way too Dodger-like, tho maybe that's the idea. Maybe they are trying to steal some of the multitudes of L.A. fans who live in San Diego. Just my opinions...

Fair enough. I do agree the Friar should be on the home jerseys. I think the SD was a lot more LA like pre-2004, when they refined and rounded off the letters. Much more unique now.

News to me

Yup. Don't know if there's an official announcement I can link to, but the SD is all over the web site while the wave is tough to find. The wave isn't gone for good, just relegated to secondary status.

Also, among other SD logo tidbits, Padres employees are required to wear the logo, usually as a pin, while at work. Check it out in this shot.

I'd have to see it labelled as such on the official Padres spreadsheet -- teams use non-primary logos as if they were primaries for marketing, websites, etc. more often than you'd think

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

News to me

I'd have to see it labelled as such on the official Padres spreadsheet -- teams use non-primary logos as if they were primaries for marketing, websites, etc. more often than you'd think

See: Utah Jazz.

Archived