MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

L-O-V-E the Teal. I can even deal with the UW Huskies wearing Black for Blacks Sake in a trade for the M's wearing teal.

Sir ColorWerx- How does the 90's Teal compare to the 2011- is it the same? Is "Northwest Green" the official title?

One more thing I thought of this morning...

I don't really consider these throwbacks. I mean- Yes, they are Jerseys that the Mariners used to wear... But I feel this is different, it's essentially the same Uni package and styling as the current set: I'd like to think they are "coming out of a hiatus."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really consider these throwbacks. I mean- Yes, they are Jerseys that the Mariners used to wear... But I feel this is different, it's essentially the same Uni package and styling as the current set: I'd like to think they are "coming out of a hiatus."

I agree. It is in their current set so it isn't off limits. Just like Notre Dame pulling out the green jerseys (assuming they had the same style and shade of green for years, which they didn't). It is natural for the Mariners to bring the teal jerseys back.

I actually prefer no white outline on the Mariners teal jersey. It just looks too cluttered, and its too similar to the light gray. The new edition is better, easier to read.

I do agree they should bring back the teal-brimmed caps, but I'd say for ALL home games.

Also, still curious if anyone has an idea of what the Indians changes might be, instead of just beating my guess senseless.

I believe people have said before that the Indians are going the "bland as hell" route with the block letter alt as the home jersey with a matching block letter "Cleveland" road jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Love the new Mariners teal alt as is. Doesn't need that extra white outline. And I actually like it with the all-navy caps, though I personally prefer one color caps over 2-tone except where it's just better the other way (I'm talking to you Braves!!). But I would not be opposed to them bringing back the teal-brimmed caps, which were, when they were first introduced, probably my favorite caps in the bigs aside from the Cardinals. I wanted one so bad but never got one. Now, I'd think they'd look good with the alt, but I kinda like seeing the simplicity of the all navy with the homes and aways. But that's just me. I do wish the color would be a little more closer to green than teal, but you take what you can get.

With that white Majestic logo on the right sleeve, it looks like Felix is wearing a Cooperstown Collection or replica jersey. I wonder if someone ran over to the team shop and grabbed one off the rack for the unveiling!

Compare with the proper logo/proper placement on the TBTC jerseys from earlier this year:

4673831254_7de5357207_m.jpg

In any case, the return of teal is fantastic! And I agree with the sentiment that this isn't quite a throwback, but rather a recent look coming back off the shelf. I just hope some wins come with it.

Off the top of my head, the Washington Nationals are doing a complete overhaul of their sets and the Boston Red Sox were doing something boring by adding names on the back of their batting practice jerseys.

New unis will be unveiled on November 10th at a season ticket holder event.

Off the top of my head, the Washington Nationals are doing a complete overhaul of their sets

Christ almighty, AGAIN?!?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's what I want to see the Nationals do

* Ditch the blue road cap (it no longer fits with anything else in the set).

* Switch the Monument styled home wordmark for a script to match the roads and the cap 'W' (I'd prefer the other way round, but the stadium has so many W's I don't think that's going to change)

* Because of the above, drop any and all bevelling from the numbers.

* Play up the gold. Have it as an outline around NOB, Numbers, wordmarks etc.

Sadly, this would likely mean the end of the best logo, the bevelled 'DC' but I'd gladly sacrifice that on the altar of consistency.

Here's what I want to see the Nationals do

* Ditch the blue road cap (it no longer fits with anything else in the set).

* Switch the Monument styled home wordmark for a script to match the roads and the cap 'W' (I'd prefer the other way round, but the stadium has so many W's I don't think that's going to change)

* Because of the above, drop any and all bevelling from the numbers.

* Play up the gold. Have it as an outline around NOB, Numbers, wordmarks etc.

Sadly, this would likely mean the end of the best logo, the bevelled 'DC' but I'd gladly sacrifice that on the altar of consistency.

Agree with most (I actually prefer the monument font, but that's probably not gonna happen), but I'd like to see them go back to red at home, navy on road or all navy. They're so close to Philly that going all red just doesn't seem right.

With that white Majestic logo on the right sleeve, it looks like Felix is wearing a Cooperstown Collection or replica jersey. I wonder if someone ran over to the team shop and grabbed one off the rack for the unveiling!

Compare with the proper logo/proper placement on the TBTC jerseys from earlier this year:

4673831254_7de5357207_m.jpg

In any case, the return of teal is fantastic! And I agree with the sentiment that this isn't quite a throwback, but rather a recent look coming back off the shelf. I just hope some wins come with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TB1m8DYSaI

If that rumor about the Indians going to block letter unis for their standard home and roads is true, it would certainly fit in with the other teams in town. The Browns are about as conservative as it gets, and the Cavs' new threads are pretty simple too.

There is no rumor about the Indians going to block letters. Nothing more than "I wish" posted in a manner in which it reads like "I heard".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just to be sure, are the Mariners bringing back any of the teal caps they used to wear, or is the jersey the only thing making a return in 2011?

Mariners are not re-introducing any caps - apparently those haven't been a big seller with fans.

Navy caps only, although they may bring back the teal-brimmed cap in 2012 if the fans demand.

Off the top of my head, the Washington Nationals are doing a complete overhaul of their sets and the Boston Red Sox were doing something boring by adding names on the back of their batting practice jerseys.

New logo also? The main page currently has the Nats primary logo dated from 2005 - 2010.

New logo also? The main page currently has the Nats primary logo dated from 2005 - 2010.

What a mismatched and muddied identity this team has. Can't match scripts, NOB, numbers, changing logos and uniforms constantly. Awful.

Mariners are not re-introducing any caps - apparently those haven't been a big seller with fans.

Navy caps only, although they may bring back the teal-brimmed cap in 2012 if the fans demand.

Oh, drat. I always figured that the caps would have been reintroduced before the jersey.

This is a start, at least.

Archived