2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

It's not like the Hornets had a choice in trading Kobe - he and his agent forced the issue and said repeatedly that he would not play in Charlotte.

It's not like the Hornets were forced to trade him to the Lakers either.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they would have been better off paying Kobe to sulk his way out of town? Sure, that makes a whole lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Where did I say that? I just said they didn't have to trade him to the Lakers. There were 28 other teams they could have traded him too also.

I don't remember a single other one of those 28 teams making an offer.

Well then whose fault is that? You're gonna piss on the Lakers because they were the only one to make an offer? That's not their fault.

No, I'm not, hence why I didn't mention it originally. You brought up the Kobe trade.

So you are arguing over a good additional point that you didn't bring up, yet you ignore all of that other ridiculous stuff that you brought up?

Once again:

wat

EDIT: Putting this topic back on track...Kevin Love outrebounded the following teams last night:

Washington Wizards, Portland Trail Blazers, & Oklahoma City Thunder by 1 rebound.

Kevin Love came close to outrebounding the following teams last night:

Toronto Raptors by 8, Orlando Magic & Detroit Pistons by 3.

Crazy. I mean, I thought his 20/20 game against the Lakers was impressive. This right here, though...

No team other than the Lakers (or possibly the Celtics) would have gotten the level of referee love that the Lakers got in the '02 Western Conference Finals vs. the Kings. That was the most crooked, biased, one-sided officiating I have ever seen, and it was all to get the Lakers back into the Finals for ratings purposes. Also, the Clippers almost never get calls. If someone went through and counted, the ratio of bad calls going the Clippers' way to bad calls screwing over the Clippers would undoubtedly be way in the direction of screwing over the Clippers.

Free agents - does Shaq ring a bell? He got a monster contract from the Lakers. Essentially, they bought themselves the three-peat with that signing. And if the Lakers could have made it work under the cap, LeBron would be a Laker right now.

Rioting? Well, I'd like to think Clippers fans are classier than that. But the Clips need to win one before I'm proven right or wrong.

Seriously dude, I say this with all due respect; you are at times the most annoying fan I've ever encountered. Your homerism is simply beyond belief. Honest to God, I've never seen anything like it.

BB52Big.jpg

The Jazz just completed ANOTHER come-from-behind win, this time coming back from 19 down against the Bobcats. 5th straight come-from-behind W, 4th straight come-from-behind W on a East-Coast road trip. This is amazing. (Pardon the NBA pun.)

TFoA beat me to it, but the Jazz did it again. Wow. All I can say is wow. I've been a Jazz fan all my life, and I can't say I've ever seen this before. You said it best TFoA, this IS amazing!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

So is it best to not get a big lead on the Jazz? Make sure your lead doesn't get above 4 or 5? Do the Jazz need to be desperate before they start playing?

Or does the form down the stretch of a game suggest they could be a threat to anyone in the playoffs, in this form?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So is it best to not get a big lead on the Jazz? Make sure your lead doesn't get above 4 or 5? Do the Jazz need to be desperate before they start playing?

Or does the form down the stretch of a game suggest they could be a threat to anyone in the playoffs, in this form?

This will give them the confidence to do it in the playoffs. That's how the Magic picked off that 66-win Cavs team on their road to the Finals. IIRC The Cavs had a double digit lead in halftime of Game 1, only to get boatraced by the Magic. The 2nd game they did it again, & the only thing that saved Cleveland from being down 2-0 in that series was a miracle shot from LeBron. Either way, the Magic still won that series & looked the more confident team throughout that series. So yeah, having confidence to pull something like that off would be huge for the Jazz in the playoffs, though I'm sure Sloan probably prefers that they wouldn't fall into that hole to begin with.

Two major improvements I've noted this season -

1) The removal of shiny/shimmery uniforms. It worked for some teams, or as alternate unis, but for the most part I didn't like it. It never really grew on me.

2) The "respect the game" rule. I don't know about you guys, but I'm finding the games a lot more enjoyable without the constant jawing of players at refs after every freakin' whistle. I was watching the Wizards game on Saturday and at some point in the first quarter Andray Blatche got right in a refs face after a call. A tech. was immediately assessed, and the players didn't bark for the rest of the game. It just makes the game more peaceful without taking away from the true action and drama.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I don't know what's happening, but at this time, Utah's down 10 to Oklahoma City...looks like they'll have to come back--again, if they want to keep their win streak alive. :/

Well, they are wearing those lucky blue roads....just sayin... :D

Bolerjack said it was some pre-determined thing that they'd wear thier blues at home tonight, and had nothing to do with thier road trip success. Either way, it comes together beautifully that they are down late right now and wearing the lucky roads :P

I'm crossing my fingers that comeback number six is in the making. If that great last second tip-in at the end of the third is any indication, it might be another good night!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived