2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Heat's winning percentage is .000 during the LeBron James era. Remember this day folks because it's the only time that percentage will read triple zeros.

And maybe the only day this year the Cavs are ahead of the Heat in the standings! :P I'm most definitely enjoying it, that's for sure.

6fQjS3M.png

Can the Heat surpass the 72-win record?

Will they even win the East?

Can Kobe three-peat?

1. No. The Bulls team that won 72 had a much deeper bench. Miami has the big three but after that the talent drop off is pretty steep. I see the Heat as probably a 55-58 win team. They need more than just "the axis of ego" to win 72. Oh, and the Bulls had that Jordan guy who was pretty good. No one on the Heat has Jordan's talent or his make up. Give the Heat a season to gel and an offseason to up the talent level and we'll see what happens. I'm not knocking them but I'll be surprised if they win more than 60 games.

2. That all depends on if your Celtics stay healthy.

3. No, but the Lakers can and will.

BB52Big.jpg

Erik Spo better not lose home opener or Pat Riley will fire him to take over the reigns spotlight

Pat is old; 65. He really does not want to go back to do the coaching thing. Phil is also 65, but he knows that men that tall do not have that many years left to live. Tall people do not live very long.

NBA teams should be worried if every team is like their staff. There is a lot of "staff" and this list didn't include those who are team staff which were laid off.

Erik Spo better not lose home opener or Pat Riley will fire him to take over the reigns spotlight

Pat is old; 65. He really does not want to go back to do the coaching thing. Phil is also 65, but he knows that men that tall do not have that many years left to live. Tall people do not live very long.

NBA teams should be worried if every team is like their staff. There is a lot of "staff" and this list didn't include those who are team staff which were laid off.

And what in the blue hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1. No. The Bulls team that won 72 had a much deeper bench. Miami has the big three but after that the talent drop off is pretty steep. I see the Heat as probably a 55-58 win team. They need more than just "the axis of ego" to win 72. Oh, and the Bulls had that Jordan guy who was pretty good. No one on the Heat has Jordan's talent or his make up. Give the Heat a season to gel and an offseason to up the talent level and we'll see what happens. I'm not knocking them but I'll be surprised if they win more than 60 games.

LeBron is better than Pippen, but Wade isn't as good as Jordan. And neither know how to win just yet (that 2006 Finals win sure looks like an anomaly now, huh?).

I was thinking about that while watching the Lakers game tonight. The Lakers have played together long enough to be able to coast during the regular season and then turn it on in the playoffs. We've seen this from experienced teams several times before; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. However, it's nice to be able to conserve your energy during the regular season so that you're relatively fresh during the playoffs. These Lakers will be able to do that.

But the Heat? They have talent to be dominant in the regular season, but they don't know how to win with each other. Not yet. This team may be freakishly good in the next two, three, four seasons, but they need a bit more time to jel.

For all of the star power the 2004 Lakers had -- with Payton, Malone, Shaq and Kobe -- they still got whipped in the Finals by a more cohesive Pistons team. If we see the Heat and the Lakers in the Finals, those roles would definitely be reversed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here's my predictions:

Western Conference:

1.) Oklahoma City Thunder 59-23

2.) Los Angeles Lakers 57-25

3.) San Antonio Spurs 53-29

4.) Dallas Mavericks 50-32

5.) Utah Jazz 50-32

6.) Houston Rockets 49-33

7.) Portland Trailblazers 47-35

8.) Phoenix Suns 46-36

9.) Los Angeles Clippers 43-39

10.) Denver Nuggets 42-40

11.) Memphis Grizzlies 40-42

12.) New Orleans Hornets 35-47

13.) Sacramento Kings 30-52

14.) Golden State Warriors 26-56

15.) Minnesota Timberwolves 15-67

Eastern Conference:

1.) Miami Heat 64-18

2.) Orlando Magic 63-19

3.) Boston Celtics 56-26

4.) Milwaukee Bucks 47-35

5.) Atlanta Hawks 51-31

6.) Chicago Bulls 45-37

7.) Charlotte Bobcats 42-40

8.) New York Knicks 39-43

9.) Philadelphia 76ers 37-45

10.) Detroit Pistons 33-49

11.) Indiana Pacers 32-50

12.) Cleveland Cavaliers 29-53

13.) New Jersey Nets 27-55

14.) Washington Wizards 26-56

15.) Toronto Raptors 19-63

PLAYOFFS:

West:

1. Thunder def. 8. Suns 4-0

5. Jazz def. 4. Mavericks 4-3

3. Spurs def. 6. Rockets 4-2

2. Lakers def. 7. Blazers 4-2

1. Thunder def. 5. Jazz 4-1

2. Lakers def. 3. Spurs 4-0

2. Lakers def. 1. Thunder 4-2

East:

1. Heat def. 8. Knicks 4-0

5. Hawks def. 4. Bucks 4-2

3. Celtics def. 6. Bulls 4-3

2. Magic def. 7. Bobcats 4-1

1. Heat def. 5. Hawks 4-1

3. Celtics def. 2. Magic 4-3

3. Celtics def. Heat 4-2

2011 NBA FINALS:

3. Boston Celtics 56-26

vs.

2. Los Angeles Lakers 57-25

Game 1: Lakers def. Celtics (Lakers lead series 1-0) @ LAL

Game 2: Lakers def. Celtics (Lakers lead series 2-0) @ LAL

Game 3: Celtics def. Lakers (Lakers lead series 2-1) @ BOS

Game 4: Lakers def. Celtics (Lakers lead series 3-1) @ BOS

Game 5: Lakers def. Celtics (Lakers win series 4-1) @ BOS

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I do think the Lakers are still the team to beat. Miami have a shot, as do the Celtics, but that's about it. Even Orlando look a touch light to me. Of course injuries and the such like could yet level the field a touch, but the NBA is probably about the least competetive of the major sports.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

C's looked good tonight, but just as rusty as the Heat. I giggled with Michael Wilbon said in the post game show that LeBron is going to have to be the offense for this Heat team, and have the ball in his hands. Isn't that what happened in Cleveland? I fully expect the Celtics to get a standing ovation in Cleveland tonight. :lol:

The Heat are going to be good. The line up that is going to tear teams up is House, Wade, Miller, LeBron, Bosh. Have House and Miller sitting behind the arc with LeBron and Wade handling the ball is going to be deadly. They may not have to play defense with the way they will be able to score.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well that Miami game was disappointing.

Basketball finally returns to Los Angeles tonight! It's been a long time, so it'll be nice to have Staples Center rocking again.

A whole offseason! The horror!

The 2011 NBA Draft will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, according to the Star-Ledger.

Interesting that they'd have such a prominent event in an arena entering its final lame-duck NBA season.

MSG is undergoing a major renovation next summer. The Liberty will also be playing at the Rock.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived