2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I really hate to bring up more Clippers stuff, but this actually concerns one of my favorite guys in the NBA atmosphere:

However, it's sad news. The Clippers have been so awful in the first 4 games that Darrell has gone on strike. You know things aren't going well when the biggest fan of the team has gone on strike. :lol:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate to bring up more Clippers stuff, but this actually concerns one of my favorite guys in the NBA atmosphere:

However, it's sad news. The Clippers have been so awful in the first 4 games that Darrell has gone on strike. You know things aren't going well when the biggest fan of the team has gone on strike. :lol:

Wait, it took the biggest Clippers fan this long to go on strike?!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I swear they can make a page a day calendar on embarassing moments in Clippers history and have one for 10 years straight without repeating any thing.

As for great momenths in Clippers history they will just need an index card.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Kevin Garnett allegedly calls Charlie Villanueva a "cancer patient".

From Villanueva's Twitter:

"KG called me a cancer patient, I'm pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he's tossing it like it's a joke."

"KG talks alot of crap, he's prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him"

6uXNWAo.png

Although I see why some people are defending the whole "it's just trash talk" deal (I mean, come on, if anyone has played sports for a millisecond, you've probably heard some really foul stuff said in the heat of competition), that cancer line was definitely uncalled for. No doubt about it. Wrong.

So yeah, the gist is this: KG is a dick & a MASSIVE :censored: on the court, we've all known that for years now & this cements that as fact. But this has been blown out of proportion a bit. It honestly should've stayed on the court. If KG had done this in public in front of the media, I'd see why it'd blow up.

EDIT: Had LeBron said this...the Earth would've blown up. :P

I swear they can make a page a day calendar on embarassing moments in Clippers history and have one for 10 years straight without repeating any thing.

How long would the Mets version go for - twenty straight years?

No, because the Mets won a couple of championships.

That doesn't exactly cancel out Omar Minaya, the drug years in the '90s, all the money they have to pay Bobby Bonilla now, the epic collapse in 2007, K-Rod, the Mercury Mets (great idea, but they looked like the cover of an eight-year-old's lab report), the Grant Roberts marijuana incident, Mike Piazza's "I'm not gay, honest" press conference, Duaner Sanchez going out at 2 AM for Dominican food during a pennant chase, etc. Publishers could have a field day with all the crap that the Mets have pulled over the years. Their body of work rivals the Clippers, honestly.

But enough about the Amazin' Mess. I fully support the Clipper Darrel Strike. This team (especially Baron Davis, and except for Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin) should be ashamed at the way they are playing right now. They deserve every boo they get from the stands for dogging it as soon as the second half rolls around. I'm not even asking for a winning season anymore, I just want to see complete games from here on out. Not two quarters, not three quarters, I want to see four whole quarters of effort from EVERYONE every game. Is that really too much to ask for?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

At least the Mets have their own stadium, their own identity and their own logo.

The Clippers play in the Lakers arena and have a logo that is too similar to the Lakers.

Go to a Mets game you get the Mets, go to a Clipper game and you may get a chance to buy Laker tickets at some point in the future.

Or the deal I like bets: Buy two tickets to see the Lakers at full price and get 10 to the see the Clippers free, and you must go the game or a a surcharge will surfice.

:therock::grin::evil:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pistons are interested in Josh Smith

But Rip for Smith? I don't think the Pistons would pull this off

From the article

So yeah Joe Dumars, I guess I can understand why you'd "seriously consider" trading Richard Hamilton for Josh Smith. Here are a few more good trade ideas Dumars is seriously considering:

• Terrico White for Derrick Rose
  • Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox for Pau Gasol
  • Cash considerations for Brandon Roy
  • Season 4 of "Sister Sister" for Season 4 of "The Wire"
  • 2010 Tracy McGrady for 2002 Tracy McGrady
  • Will Bynum for Andrew Bynum
  • Kid Rock for Jason Kidd
  • Austin Daye for Detroit's 2007 pick back so maybe Dumars could take Omri Casspi or Taj Gibson or Roddy Beaubois
  • The 2004 NBA title for a fully-loaded baked potato

If Dumars is able to pull something like that off, I will absolutely retract all of these lame jokes and give it up to him. But as of right now, someone saying they'd "seriously consider" trading Hamilton for Josh Smith is kind of like me saying I'll trade you this $5 for your $20. Doesn't really compute.

In other words, this is speculation at its finest. Also, stop talking about the gotdamn Mets in an NBA thread. Seriously, what was the point of bringing the Mets into this conversation?

Although I see why some people are defending the whole "it's just trash talk" deal (I mean, come on, if anyone has played sports for a millisecond, you've probably heard some really foul stuff said in the heat of competition), that cancer line was definitely uncalled for. No doubt about it. Wrong.

So yeah, the gist is this: KG is a dick & a MASSIVE :censored: on the court, we've all known that for years now & this cements that as fact. But this has been blown out of proportion a bit. It honestly should've stayed on the court. If KG had done this in public in front of the media, I'd see why it'd blow up.

Homer mode: He supposedly called him "cancerous to your team and our league." Trusted media outlets toss around the word "cancer" to describe troublesome players left and right and no one cares. KG is literally a gorilla in intensity and manners on the court, a completely different being, and we all know this. Even so, I doubt that he said anything that actually demeans actual cancer patients, even trash talking.

Slightly more objective mode: Who gives a :censored:? Is this worse than making gang signs, using the f-word like an indefinite article, or making mom insults? Wow, a basketball player said something not nice to another basketball player. To the basketball player, not the world. All evidence we have of this spat is the victim's report on Twitter. That's doesn't mean it didn't happen; I'm sure harmful words were dropped freely, but there's a reason we wouldn't have heard about it if not for a couple of Tweets: it's :censored:ing basketball. This is not a PG or family-friendly arena for polite and politically correct conversation.

Trash talking is an art form. A vulgar, often low-life art form, but it is a difficult craft. Insulting cancer patients, if true, is an uncannily poor effort (it's pretty uninspired and useless), but if fans (and players, apparently) take so much offense to the actual content of trash talk, maybe the NBA could 1) replace the entire league with fat old guys who speak Russian; 2) place censors on the sidelines and remove all courtside seats; 3) make them chant "2, 4, 6, 8" after every game and give all the players a 6-inch trophy at the end of the year for their great, sportsmanlike effort; or 4) fold.

I'll be honest: I wish this would have happened to another team's player so I would know how I would have reacted. I probably wouldn't rush to his defense like I did, but I think I would have shared the same idea that this is really nothing to get all worked up about. Inappropriate and inconsiderate? Possibly, but that misses the real point here.

In other words, this is speculation at its finest. Also, stop talking about the gotdamn Mets in an NBA thread. Seriously, what was the point of bringing the Mets into this conversation?

Because they can easily be confused with the Knicks?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Homer mode: He supposedly called him "cancerous to your team and our league." Trusted media outlets toss around the word "cancer" to describe troublesome players left and right and no one cares. KG is literally a gorilla in intensity and manners on the court, a completely different being, and we all know this. Even so, I doubt that he said anything that actually demeans actual cancer patients, even trash talking.

Slightly more objective mode: Who gives a :censored:? Is this worse than making gang signs, using the f-word like an indefinite article, or making mom insults? Wow, a basketball player said something not nice to another basketball player. To the basketball player, not the world. All evidence we have of this spat is the victim's report on Twitter. That's doesn't mean it didn't happen; I'm sure harmful words were dropped freely, but there's a reason we wouldn't have heard about it if not for a couple of Tweets: it's :censored:ing basketball. This is not a PG or family-friendly arena for polite and politically correct conversation.

Trash talking is an art form. A vulgar, often low-life art form, but it is a difficult craft. Insulting cancer patients, if true, is an uncannily poor effort (it's pretty uninspired and useless), but if fans (and players, apparently) take so much offense to the actual content of trash talk, maybe the NBA could 1) replace the entire league with fat old guys who speak Russian; 2) place censors on the sidelines and remove all courtside seats; 3) make them chant "2, 4, 6, 8" after every game and give all the players a 6-inch trophy at the end of the year for their great, sportsmanlike effort; or 4) fold.

I'll be honest: I wish this would have happened to another team's player so I would know how I would have reacted. I probably wouldn't rush to his defense like I did, but I think I would have shared the same idea that this is really nothing to get all worked up about. Inappropriate and inconsiderate? Possibly, but that misses the real point here.

I'm not particularly a fan of KG and I'm definitely not a Boston fan, but I totally agree with you.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Granted, I'm not a big NBA follower, but what's Villanueva done to earn the "cancerous" moniker for his team and/or the league? If he hasn't done anything to be known as a team/league "cancer", then Garnett is full of shee-ot on this one.

Archived