2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I hate the "+1" maneuver, and its equally obnoxious cousin, "This"

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it needs to be retired from the internet in general.

Damn right it does. (And people think you and I don't agree on anything.)

I think we should institute a demerit system here. If you use "fail", "win", "well played", "meh", "anyhoo", etc. in a post, you get a demerit. Once you've accumulated a set number of demerits you are banned for being entirely unoriginal.

So I can still say "well played sir"?

You're an aspiring writer. You can do better.

BB52Big.jpg

As well as those who mention said athlete's GPA. compare someone to LeBron James because they root for a certain team.

Fixed your post.

while we are on Internet beefs, this whole 'correcting' other people's post is just as irritating as the whole '+1' and 'this' thing. (Unless it's done for comic purpose a la a page or two back).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

As well as those who mention said athlete's GPA, compare someone to LeBron James because they root for a certain team. post inane homerish statements that lead to many questioning the maturity and sanity of said poster.

Sincerely, Lights Out, the willmorris of Boise State.

Fixed your post.

As well as those who mention said athlete's GPA, compare someone to LeBron James because they root for a certain team. post inane homerish statements that lead to many questioning the maturity and sanity of said poster.

Sincerely, Lights Out, the willmorris of Boise State.

Fixed your post.

tumblr_leyeuq10TK1qe2yez.jpg

I'd say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but I guess you can't really be a homer when you have 20 different favorite teams per sport.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Watching "El Heat" vs. "Los Spurs"...WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR ESPANOL FROM?

It should be "Calor" vs. "Espuelas"!

Is simply adding "the" in Spanish to the jerseys just a tad insulting to the people the NBA wanted to acknowledge in the first place? I don't know, it just seems a little condescending to me.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that most spanish speaking people when talking about basketball don't say:¿Viste el calor jugar las espuelas?

Rather they say: ¿Viste el Heat jugar las Spurs?

If someone who speaks spanish and talks to his friends about the NBA can post some insight...

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that most spanish speaking people when talking about basketball don't say:¿Viste el calor jugar las espuelas?

If someone who speaks spanish and talks to his friends about the NBA can post some insight...

I don't speak much Spanish, and I sure don't talk about the NBA to my friends using it, but I don't believe that in another language you change a proper name like that. It would still be Heat and Spurs. Not entirely sure, but I think you're right.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't speak much Spanish, and I sure don't talk about the NBA to my friends using it, but I don't believe that in another language you change a proper name like that. It would still be Heat and Spurs. Not entirely sure, but I think you're right.

You guys are right, and as already had been confirmed somewhere around these boards earlier, in other languages people do refer to them using their English names, in Spanish adding the article, for example.

Archived