Return of the Sonics

Hoopskid

Great concept...just change the lettering on the green jerseys to either yellow or white and you'll have a winner!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I love this concept very much, but I just have one thing that bothers me. The NBA and crest logos on the away jersey are missing their white. I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but either way, it bugs me to no end. The only imperfection on an otherwise flawless design.

if seattle does get another nba team i think they would be under anther name,i think they would be seattle surge

I don't think so, the city of seattle owns the supersonics name colors, history and the authentic NBA Championship trophy won from 1979, OKC Thunder has a copy of the trophy but I don't acknowledge it all. so if seattle gets an expansion or a relocated team it will be the sonics for sure.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I love this concept very much, but I just have one thing that bothers me. The NBA and crest logos on the away jersey are missing their white. I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but either way, it bugs me to no end. The only imperfection on an otherwise flawless design.

If you read the OP, he said for some reason the white parts of the jerseys for some reason aren't showing. The NBA logo is there, but only the red and blue parts.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

If you read the OP, he said for some reason the white parts of the jerseys for some reason aren't showing. The NBA logo is there, but only the red and blue parts.

*facepalm* So the other day I was an idiot, right?

Just a comment, the arch of the "SONICS" on the home uni does not match up very well with the arch of the green background its on, if you know what I mean. Like the S's are closer to the bottom of the green, and the N is closer to the top of the green, because the arches aren't matched up.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Speaking as a Sonics fan, this kind of thing is pretty neat to see. The stripe treatment on the back is an interesting idea. And any nod to the '75-'94 unis will get a big thumbs up from me!

On a somewhat-related note: after the whole trainwreck that resulted in the team moving, I've wondered if the most recent Sonics logos don't have a sort of toxic quality to basketball fans in this area (after all, Seattleites know how to hold a grudge- there are people still mad at Bud Selig for moving the Pilots). That last identity was certainly both welcome and popular when adopted, after a few years of the forest green & brick red identity. But wouldn't all the "bad stuff" associated with those logos pretty much require a thorough re-branding? Maybe some kind of update to the classic skyline logo would be appropriate for the return of an NBA team to Seattle.

Speaking as a Sonics fan, this kind of thing is pretty neat to see. The stripe treatment on the back is an interesting idea. And any nod to the '75-'94 unis will get a big thumbs up from me!

On a somewhat-related note: after the whole trainwreck that resulted in the team moving, I've wondered if the most recent Sonics logos don't have a sort of toxic quality to basketball fans in this area (after all, Seattleites know how to hold a grudge- there are people still mad at Bud Selig for moving the Pilots). That last identity was certainly both welcome and popular when adopted, after a few years of the forest green & brick red identity. But wouldn't all the "bad stuff" associated with those logos pretty much require a thorough re-branding? Maybe some kind of update to the classic skyline logo would be appropriate for the return of an NBA team to Seattle.

That is why I asked in an earlier post to see if anyone wanted to tackle a new idea of a Seattle NBA franchise.

Archived