NEW! Football Template

andrewharrington

This is the template I've been working on for the past several months. It is a more organic-looking template with a little bit more personality compared to the traditional, flat, blueprint-like layouts. If I had to compare it to templates we've seen before, I'd liken it to Swiss' baseball template and the soccer templates from the Switch Image Project, but I think the breadth of detail seen here might even surpass those. This (the Nike Pro Combat) is the only version I'm planning on putting up for download. It's the first one I've finished, and I have too much time and effort invested in this project to give them all away, unfortunately. Maybe someday, but for now, this is it.

I uploaded the file here: Download the template. There's also a revolution helmet and a pair of black shoes in the .ai file as well. I saved it for Illustrator 10.

procombat.png

It's easy to use, but there might be some features that people aren't familiar with. For one, I have the stripes you see there set up as strokes with brushes applied to them. If you want to add sleeve/pant/sock stripes, you can just make your stripe pattern into a brush and then apply it to the strokes that are there. You've gotta draw your own helmet stripes, though. The ones that are there can be used as a guide.

There's a free distort that's applied to the jersey and the pants to thin them down a little bit. You can expand them to make it easier on yourself. I probably should have done that to begin with.

Certain objects have stripes masked in them or might have a mesh pattern sitting on top of them or something. Just be careful where you click and lock stuff that's in your way if you need to. The line black color is what I use for all the lines of the template, and the true black color is what I use for filling in objects, like the helmet, the numbers, if the jersey or pants are black, etc. Makes it so that you can still see all the lines, even if the jersey is black.

I feel like the size it's at is pretty good for general display, and if you want a more detailed display, 150% is good. Any bigger than that and you might be getting out of hand. :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice, ill dig into this later tonight. thanks for sharing

"dont forget your stupid ass catch phrase"

LOL i like those!

I like them, too, but some of them are pretty bad. Beast Mode? ^_^

If anyone wants to try to convert it into a Photoshop template, feel free. I've never used Photoshop for concepts and as a result, I don't know what the best way to set up the layers would be. I probably won't have any free time to mess around with it in Photoshop, either.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Any possibility of .psd format?

I'll try to make a psd version if thats okay with Andrew.

It may be a while, as Im busy but I will try.

Edit: I really don't have the time for this now. If nobody has made a .psd when I have more free time I will finish it.

RockiesSig.png

Will this puppy work in InkScape?

Not sure. I haven't been familiar with Inkscape for the past four, five years at least. Does it only open .svg files still?

Any possibility of .psd format?

I'll try to make a psd version if thats okay with Andrew.

It may be a while, as Im busy but I will try.

Edit: I really don't have the time for this now. If nobody has made a .psd when I have more free time I will finish it.

i will make this into a psd for those who want that. Also would like to make additional cuts from this if thats okay with the creator...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Any possibility you would be willing to do a basketball set? LOL I need a template bad.

i do have an old one around here somewhere...ill see about getting it uploaded. its nothing crazy though...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Feel free to make paint and .psd versions. I'm not crazy about people making different cuts from it, but I can't really do anything about it.

I'd love to make a basketball version... someday.

I had a chance to try this out, and it is better than I could have imagined. If you ever release the other cuts you created I would (and I'm sure others) be more than thankful, although I completely do understand your reasons not to.

Anyway, I love this so much.

Nice work.

RockiesSig.png

Archived