Las Vegas NHL Concept

GoSteelers85

Welcome! This is a really solid concept...the logos are really well done, and I like your uniforms too. My suggestions would be either to eliminate silver from the unis or incorporate them in the logos somehow, and I would make the logo on the home uni white to match the numbers and stand out better. Good job though!

Welcome to the boards! :)

This is a fantastic concept, I really like the colors and the logos. A touch of silver, as previously mentioned, would make the black one perfect, do that and this whole concept is A+. Great job, keep up the great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think this is a pretty cool set. I do like the light blue/black color scheme, but I'm probably not hte only one who'd point out that light blue is becoming overused in professional sports. The other negative I see is the stick in the spade--it's pretty much the Canucks secondary stick in the rink logo. As for the Naevada shoulder patch, that's very cool. I've always liked the Coyotes' Arizona patch and the Stars' Texas, so this one's right up there. I like the way it looks like a playing card. I wonder if a similar design would work for the alternate captains' "A"...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Ok thanks guys I will be posting an updated version very soon and I do agree that something was "off" with the home jersey, I guess I just couldnt see what was right in front of me. Since I am sorta new to the forum I was hoping for some positive feedback and its easy to say thats just what I got. Thanks again and I will be getting that silver streak on the home jerseys.

One other thought: as long as your adding some silver, what do you think of changing the star marking Vegas' location on the shoulder logo to silver outlined in blue rather than the current black outlined in blue? Just an idea, and it might not look great, but there's already a black "A" and a black spade, so would silver make the star stand out more? (Although, all the black does tie together nicely, and silver may be over the top and tacky...)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Ok here is the revised version with silver added to the home jersey, I can honestly say I like this more than the original. The silver really gives the rest of the jerseys a nice theme and consistency, but I think the logo has to stay clean as possible so I couldnt add any silver in the form of highlights or outlines because it really would take away from the logo when placed on the jerseys, plus how many NHL logo have highlights most are simple with flat colors i.e. no adding of color to make depth. Hope you guys like them & I cant wait for your feedback!!!

Logo Set

Aces_Logo_Set.jpg

Home Jersey (revised)

Aces_Home2.jpg

Away Jersey

Aces_Away.jpg

Alternate Jersey

Aces_Alternate.jpg

I like the first concept a lot more then the revised one. I also agree that the stick within the spade needs to be a bit more stickish. I really dig that alt logo. Welcome to the boards.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These are absolutely beautiful. It reminds me alot of the old Lightning look, but with a touch of Stars. Also, I love the emblems. However, I recommend making the spade on the home and alternate white. At least try it out to see if it works.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Yeah I'm not really worried about my concept being too similar to some third-rate Madden knockoff that I had to google to to even find out what you were talking about. I do appreciate everyone's feedback and I will be making changes based on your suggestions, probably going to post them here and set up a poll soon to see which ones you guys think work the best. Thanks again!

Ok tried adding a poll in another topic and somehow violated the Standard Operating Procedure *feh* of posting in the concept forum so here is the revised logo made to look more like a hockey stick(it's a subtle change but I think it looks better now). C&C Welcome

Original

Aces_Logo_Set.jpg

Revised

Aces_Logo_Set3.jpg

I'm blown away by the logos, specifically the half playing card / nevada logo. The jerseys are ok. Honestly they don't excite me that much basically because they're like and sort of overly produced modern design that RBK pushes people toward. I'd rather see something a little more retro. Also, ditch the solid black jersey and go with the blue for home. Limit silver to outlining and accent pieces and don't use it in any of the "patchwork" sections.

Revised

Aces_Logo_Set3.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm not a big hockey fan and something about this has a certain hockey je ne sais quoi about it that I'm simply not seeing, but I don't really find this spectacular or ground-breaking.

I do like the color scheme. That light, electric blue paired with black is sharp and if I'm not mistaken is unique in the NHL, correct? I also like the idea of simplifying the shape of Nevada and making it a quasi-playing card. That's smart.

Beyond those two things, I just don't see the rest of the set stacking up against extant NHL logos. The biggest thing that bothers me is the shape of the primary spade. It's just shaped awkwardly. This is compounded by the fact that you used a completely different spade (one that's shaped more like what I would think of when I think of a spade) for the playing card/state logo. If I were to see the primary by itself, I could pick out that it was a spade, an A, and there was a hockey stick in the middle. I would still think it was a bit awkwardly shaped, like it had been quickly hand-drawn, but whatever. Paired with the secondary logo though, it becomes glaring. If you're set on using that specific shape, then I'd suggest replacing the spade in the secondary with one that was the same shape as the primary.

Are all the strokes necessary? Three on the primary, and four (or maybe five? I can't tell if silver is involved there) on the secondary.

The wordmark(s) is a bit of a yawn. "Aces" looks like it's in Mountain Dew's old typeface and "Las Vegas" is in that Deftone Stylus font which is fairly common on the internet if not overused. I do like the drop-shadow treatment you gave "Las Vegas" though as it's simple, yet still uses two colors (again unless silver is involved and I can't see it, in which case it's too much).

I like your overall ideas here with the exception of the primary. (All the symbolism in here just makes it look forced). I'd make the spade and sticks from the secondary logo the primary. If you want an A in there, just put an A in the middle of the middle of the spade. Use a typeface that would be seen on an actual playing card too:

f0f6b3dc5007bd4c9b75f325d22a8066.44099.jpeg

Come to it, you could use something like the above for your wordmarks and uniform numbers too.

And when it comes to uniforms, I agree with Ryan Lion in going with something simple, classy and perhaps retro. What do you think of when you think of a playing card? Essentially a clean, simple design that is fairly ubiquitous.

To reiterate, I like the overall idea here and some of the specific nuts and bolts are solid. After some overhauling, this whole set can be excellent. Keep working at it :)

Archived