USA Great Seal Logo

Davidson

Hey guys,

I recently submitted a design to the Puckdrawn site for the first time. I fancied doing something a little different and a bit more complex.

I entered the WW2 competition to design a kit for 1930/1940s USA Hockey team. A couple of people have made the poing that it feels quite

anachronistic and not of the style of the era. I'd have to agree really. But I thought I'd post it here to see what you guys reckon as a stand alone

piece of design.

epluribusunum.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a pure design point of view, I think it's just a little too awesome. Seriously, you might need to tone down those skills. It's starting to make everyone else look bad. In all seriousness, though, I see how that doesn't really fit the WWII style. The modern style is obviously light years ahead of that time period.

phitinsig.png

This is excellent as a modern logo, but if you're really looking for a 1930's aesthetic, some changes do need to be made, as it looks too computerized to be from the '30s right now. There needs to be a lot more detail, to where it looks almost like an illustration, because that was the style of that era.

However, the way it is now is fantastic. Maybe you should ditch the WWII-era idea and just make a modern uniform set with that logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is excellent as a modern logo, but if you're really looking for a 1930's aesthetic, some changes do need to be made, as it looks too computerized to be from the '30s right now. There needs to be a lot more detail, to where it looks almost like an illustration, because that was the style of that era.

However, the way it is now is fantastic. Maybe you should ditch the WWII-era idea and just make a modern uniform set with that logo.

Yeah, I'm not fussed about changing to make it look more authentic now i dont think. It likely works better as a contemporary piece.

First... wow. Second... wow. Third... I was thinking about saying putting white stars on a field of blue for the left side flag depiction... but then I thought about how many stars you already have on it... and it would throw the balance off.

I wish there were a way to incorporate 50 stars in the seal... but it's just too much and would not look right.

Great job... again (as if it needs to be said).

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think this is objectively the worst thing I have ever seen. It's so bad I won't even bother to point out everything that is wrong with it, so you'll just have to believe me. No really, it's horrendous. You should be embarrassed with yourself for producing something so wholly unsatisfactory.

:censored: you, Fraser. :censored: you sideways. I hate you.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I think this is objectively the worst thing I have ever seen. It's so bad I won't even bother to point out everything that is wrong with it, so you'll just have to believe me. No really, it's horrendous. You should be embarrassed with yourself for producing something so wholly unsatisfactory.

:censored: you, Fraser. :censored: you sideways. I hate you.

Drawing ability, matt, he has it. it's not hard to learn, sport :P

OD_Signature.jpg

Amazing work as usual. I like the blue part of the wings resembling the blue and stars of the flag.

This might not belong here but since you're such an amazing artist it would be cool if you let the forum members throw out a list of ideas that might challenge you and you could choose one to complete.

For example, I could say design a new logo for the Tampa Bay Lightning, or the Cleveland Browns, or the Washington Wizards (since they are getting a new one). It would give you a fun challenge, and we could see our ideas come to fruition.

Archived