Pro Combat Concept

andrewharrington

Similar in concept to the Thunderbirds uniforms that the Air Force Academy has worn this season, this uniform is to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the F-117 Night Hawk's first flight. This aircraft was one of the most important and probably the most well-known example of stealth technology in aviation. It was an aircraft that served as a catalyst for developing new technology and paved the way for many of the more advanced capabilities that we're seeing in today's aircraft.

With that said, obviously 'stealth' is the theme of this uniform. Accordingly, all the trim is charcoal on black. The padding and trim on the helmet is also black. The only high-visibility elements are the reflective numerals. The stripes on the sleeves and socks are those that pass through the Air Force roundel (a star within a circle). The design on the pants is derived from the angular designs of the aircraft panels and bay doors commonly seen on stealth aircraft. There is also a squadron patch on the front of the jersey, which will be different for each player, but always rendered in shades of gray as opposed to the classic full-color version. The numerals and lettering are inspired by those that actually appear on military aircraft, and the phrase inside the collar is the Air Force motto, 'Above All' (right click and select 'View Image' to see the clean version).

airforce_procombat.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Very nice!! I think Air Force would look great in this, and obviously it fits in perfectly with the AFA. I'd love to see this in action, it is designed very well. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nice! except it wouldnt work on the field- kind of like this year's alabama pro combat

I don't get it. It wouldn't work on the field?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know the sleeve stripes have to do with the Air Force roundel but they seem like something Adidas would add to their uniforms.

Still an outstanding concept.

I know what you mean, but at the same time, I feel adidas would go way more overboard with three stripes if they were allowed to put them on jerseys. Still, there's probably a lot of viable options for the sleeve and sock striping. Admittedly, I didn't get to do as much research I would have liked, so I'm sure there are some cool tidbits I've missed that could turn into some great striping designs.

Hey, this is fantastic. I love the story and history facet of the Pro Combat uniforms and you did an excellent job in that category.

Putting some good hard thought into a concept before you sit down at a computer can go a long way. Great job!

Nice! except it wouldnt work on the field- kind of like this year's alabama pro combat

And how doesn't Alabama's work?

Anyways, this is awesome! I would love to see it on the field!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

And how doesn't Alabama's work?

Anyways, this is awesome! I would love to see it on the field!

Alabama's doesn't work because on TV it was nearly impossible to see the sublimated houndstooth design in the numbers. I think the numbers would definitely work, and the striping would show up just enough to be noticable.

Anyway, AMAZING concept...very well done and thought out. That would look SO good on the field!

Archived