My NHL Redo

canucksforever131313

So I started this a few months ago and I am ready to start posting the concepts while I finish off the rest and modify the ones I have done based on your critiques. I am only on paint, but I have done my best to ensure quality.

In my NHL 4 teams relocated.

NYI--->QUE

NSH--->SEA

ATL--->WIN

CAR--->HFD

I'm gonna post the Ducks first. I loved the old logos that I saw growing up. They are stellar and still are the thing I associated with Anaheim, so I went back. I kept the current striping because I think they are a good design for today's styles and they are very much a modernization of the old striping. I am not sold on the alternate so if any of you have different ideas or critiques I would be happy to oblige.

AnaheimDucks.png

C+C?

CanucksCBSig2.gif

GO CANUCKS GO

I only like the white jersey. The black jersey is too bland, and doesn't really mesh well, and the purple (or eggplant) jersey is WAY too purple (eggplant), especially if the uniform were to have purple pants and socks. I would take the white jersey and build off of that. Keep the jade color and swap the white and purple (eggplant) to create a home jersey. A full uniform look would be nice for these as well, if you could show us the pants, socks, helmets, gloves even.

These aren't bad. Nice job going with the colors from the 1997 alternates. I always thought Anaheim should have used yellow more. However, I think if you used the current Ducks numbers on the Home and Away, it would look better. As for the third uni, I'm not too crazy about it. I'd say ditch it and start from scratch.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I'm finding it hard to get a grasp on where you're going with these jerseys without seeing complete uniforms (breezers, socks, helmets and possibly gloves).

For example, if you use jade breezers, then the white jersey will be oddly eggplant-free, but if you use eggplant breezers, then the eggplant jersey literally makes the players look like eggplants on hockey skates.

On the flipside, and I think I may be the only one who thinks this, but I like the black jersey and logo. A bit more eggplant couldn't hurt, though.

p.s. How come Carolina's getting moved, but Phoenix and Florida are staying? It's your Re-Do, I just find the choices unusual- I like the choices for new cities, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Why would Carolina relocate? They have a great fanbase. I think Phoenix instead would be a better choice.

A good question, especially when you look at where these teams are relocating to. Two of those arenas (Hartford and Quebec) are laughingly below NHL standards, and the other two (Seattle: very old, smallish capacity; and Winnipeg, smallish though new) are borderline. Winnipeg's MTS Centre would probably be the only feasible home among these four for an NHL team.

That said, while the Ducks colors are definitely an improvement, I hope this series isn't just a recoloring/paint-by-numbers template thread.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Why would Carolina relocate? They have a great fanbase. I think Phoenix instead would be a better choice.

A good question, especially when you look at where these teams are relocating to. Two of those arenas (Hartford and Quebec) are laughingly below NHL standards, and the other two (Seattle: very old, smallish capacity; and Winnipeg, smallish though new) are borderline. Winnipeg's MTS Centre would probably be the only feasible home among these four for an NHL team.

That said, while the Ducks colors are definitely an improvement, I hope this series isn't just a recoloring/paint-by-numbers template thread.

Quebec City is about to build a brand new one, and I believe I heard that Hartford's mayor wants an NHL team back. Also, Seattle is eventually going to build an arena for the SuperSonics' return, so they may as well make it to NHL standards, too.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

To answer your questions about the relocations I have a few things to say. I think I will move Phoenix. I wasn't going to because I started just by doing a Coyotes concept and it turned in to a NHL wide thing. Unfortunately, I accidentally saved it as a jpeg and I won't be able to change it, so I will start from scratch and have them relocate. Therefore Carolina can stay. I'm also not particularly worried about the buildings and such, this is just my fantasy world. I like the cities I have picked; Hartford, Winnepeg and Quebec all desereve another shot, while Seattle is just down the road from me and there could really be another team out West.

Also, in terms of designs, I am only on paint and I have changed the logos on several of the concepts i already have completed as best as I can in paint. I think they are all at least a good starting point thus far.

I am going to update Anaheim soon, but I have had a lot of stuff to do lately so it has been a bit delayed.

CanucksCBSig2.gif

GO CANUCKS GO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add matching hem stripes on the blue liberty jersey

Also, consider putting the "R" from the wordmark on the shoulders of the home and road.

Other than that, one of the best Rangers concepts I have ever seen! (**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for such a long layoff...haha

I have a lot of designs for this done, just haven't got around to posting. I have a new concept for you guys today, the Florida Panthers. I just made this one and it inspired me to bring this back.

The Home and Away have a somewhat odd striping pattern, while staying somewhat traditional. The stripes were inspired by a beach towel I saw at my friend's cabin believe it or not. I added light blue minimally because I think it looks good when paired with red, not just navy blue as we've seen so many cases of.

The alternate I'm sure is going to get a lot of attention. Someone mentioned in the thread about Pink not being used in sports over in Sports Logos, that they thought pink and orange would look really good for a Miami team. I agree. I kinda just jerry rigged the logo on the third in paint, added black because the team was named after the black florida panther.

What do you think?

FloridaPanthers2.png

CanucksCBSig2.gif

GO CANUCKS GO

Archived