Nike Pro Combat - NFL

paynomind

Even in a collection of fake, outlandish concept jerseys, the Browns remain relentlessly traditional. I love it.

By way, am I crazy, or did that Browns jersey show up as a concept for an Oregon State pro combat jersey (with black instead of brown, of course) about a year ago? I could've sworn Uniwatch had something with Oregon State getting an identity overhaul similar to what Nike did for Oregon, and those jerseys with the sleeve stripes on the undershirts were shown as a football prototype.

Those Oregon State jerseys are the pro combats that they are wearing sometime this year.

45590_10150274656885721_57460905720_14448905_3932808_n.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with you public? Look how far this has gone:

Out of all the great, realistically portrayed pro team concepts this site has produced, THIS CRAP is what gets it's 10 minutes of fame?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

"I saw it on the Internet! It has to be true!"

Tune in again next week for another exciting installment of "when :censored: goes viral."

-------------------------------------------------------

The bleacher report article probably didn't help matters. Even when it said they were fakes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i knew it this morning. it was going to get blown up way out of proportion. PTI makes it official

honestly, does no one do research or fact-checking any more? gives you a great idea of how the media works.

Sure they still do, it's just they rather spend more time doing research to find out if Felix Hernandez deserves the Cy Young than finding out if this stuff is real or checking the latest uniform or logo news.

I saw, I came, I left.

Even if the NFL were to come out with some new uniforms in the pro-combat style, I am willing to bet that Nike would put some extra money and make the photographs and mock-ups look significantly different from the media they released for the college pro-combats uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Even if the NFL were to come out with some new uniforms in the pro-combat style, I am willing to bet that Nike would put some extra money and make the photographs and mock-ups look significantly different from the media they released for the college pro-combats uniforms.

Or at least not use Davidson's templates.

My friend was arguing that these could be real and the Cards logo was one of the reasons I gave for them not being real. No professional designer would ever invert black and white in the Cardinals logo. They would put a white keyline around it per the guidelines. I probably should've used a simpler example because he didn't get what I was saying. Though, how is the concept of an outline over someone's head? How do people not get these things? That's how big of a uni-nerd I am, I don't understand how you could look at these and believe they are real.

They also would never place logos facing the back of a helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

THE ORIGINAL THREAD IS HERE: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=75845&st=0

I saw these a while back and then I saw them on bleacher report and was like :shocked:

haven't seen them on PTI yet, it's probably on the tivo

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

1. A+ for creativity

2. All uniform change MUST be approved by the NFL office

3. No owner or NFL executive would EVER publicly claim these have been approved...they depart a bit too much from reality

4. Some of the designs pre-suppose players wear stuff on their arms, which they don't

5. Seriously folks, it's not time to panic yet...ColorWerx will tell us when it's time to panic (props to ColorWerx)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I eagerly await Lukas crushing this and calling out idiots for falling for obvious amateur photoshop jobs.

per Uniwatch Blog:

Gullible?s Travels: A few jillion people have sent e-mails asking why I haven?t had more to say about those Nike-fied NFL uni designs that have been making the rounds. Here?s why: They had nothing to do with the NFL or with Nike. They?re just someone?s Photoshop concepts, and I never run Photoshop concepts here on the site. They might have qualified for Phil?s weekend tweaks if they?d been submitted as such, but they weren?t submitted to us. So at the end of the day, these designs are no different than the many, many uni concepts that circulate on various message boards and discussion forums every day. We don?t normally talk about those, and I saw no reason to talk about these either. It was a non-story, and my policy regarding non-stories is simple: I don?t waste time with them.

I did have a very brief Ticker mention on Thursday, basically dismissing the whole thing. I figured that?s all I needed to say ? a tangential ?Oh look, this stupid thing is happening, whatevs? ? because I thought the Uni Watch audience was sophisticated enough to see right through the whole thing from the start. The templates were obviously from Nike?s NCAA Pro Combat series (do you really think Nike would just recycle those images instead of coming up with new ones?), many of the players had exposed calfs (not permissible in the NFL), and so on. And whatever you think of Nike, they turn out better work than this. Anyone with even a vaguely practiced eye shouldn?t have needed me to debunk this story for them.

Some of you are probably thinking, ?But so many people have been buzzing about it!? Yeah, because so many people were super-gullible and willing to believe something simply because it appeared on the internet. That includes a bunch of supposedly professional media outlets who should have known better and who obviously didn?t bother to do even the most rudimentary fact-checking. A simple call to the NFL and/or to Nike ? or to me, for that matter ? would have revealed that the designs weren?t legit.

Anyway, just because everyone else is jumping into the Idiot Pool doesn?t mean I have to. On the contrary, when some uni-related urban myth goes viral, the last thing I want to do is further dignify it by discussing it. So I let the whole thing run its course, and now the NFL has actually issued a statement confirming what I (and I hope most of you) knew all along, the end.

So that?s that. Let?s forget it ever happened and move on, yes? Yes.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2010/11/22/monday-morning-uni-watch-58/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived