14 replies to this topic

#1 rainmaker17

rainmaker17
  • Stronghorns?

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 00:47

Posted Image

You learn something every day. I would have guessed blueberry.

newsig.jpg

#2 Punch

Punch
  • Spicy.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 00:59

I always used to change Barry Bonds' batting average to .769. In hindsight, it probably was more accurate than I originally thought. :roidrage:

#3 fumbler

fumbler
  • A French Kiss but Downunder

• Members
  • 3,001 posts

• Favourite Logos:Richmond Tigers, New Queens Park Rangers, Victoria Bushrangers New, Cairns Taipans, Australia Made

Posted November 20, 2010 - 03:04

The blue taste just lingers a little to long.

Cairns Cyclones WAFA Wills Cup Champs 2013-2014, West Coast Victoriens ULL Gait Cup Champs 2013, Brooklyn "Bulldogs" Athletic Club CFA

FIGHTING FURIES FANTASY QOOTBALL CLUB

RICHMOND TIGERS 

#4 tj4eck

tj4eck
  • Un-official thread killer.

• Members
  • 2,148 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 11:30

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 DeFrank

DeFrank
  • HTTR

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

• Favourite Logos:Bucco Ship
      Capital Eagle
      Bengal Head

Posted November 20, 2010 - 13:15

Posted Image

wow i love your article here, but we are on opposite ends of sports. im a diehard skins fan who lives in DC. I go to every game etc... My dad's side of the family is from Texas, but he was around before the Cowgirls became a staple (born in 45)... He went to Texas... A&M. And I'm a Nats fan (dont laugh) and i probs would hate the rangers if i was older than 14. ya kno, they took away a franchise...

#6 BaltimoreFan

BaltimoreFan

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 17:33

I remember being surprised when I saw Wikipedia had a very detailed page on itself. I've always wanted to just delete everything on that page and just write "This is Wikipedia." in its place.

#7 DG_Now

DG_Now
  • Operator, number, please; it's been so many years

• Members
  • 13,739 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 18:13

I remember being surprised when I saw Wikipedia had a very detailed page on itself. I've always wanted to just delete everything on that page and just write "This is Wikipedia." in its place.

There's nothing stopping you from doing so; that's the whole point of Wikipedia.

However, it would likely be immediately replaced with the original article.
Posted Image

#8 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • Mission to civilize

• Moderators
  • 20,937 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 12:43

There's nothing stopping you from doing so; that's the whole point of Wikipedia.

However, it would likely be immediately replaced with the original article.

Stephen Colbert had a longer article then Martin Luther at one point, if I remember correctly. Good times ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

PotD 2/26/12

#9 KennyRock

KennyRock
  • The Sheriff of Rock Ridge

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 14:23

One of the absolute creepiest things to happen on Wikipedia that I ever saw was this:

You all know, or at least heard about(since it seems we have a decent amount of WWE fans here) Chris Benoit and his murder/suicide of his family. Four days before it happened, Nancy Benoit(his wife, whom he murdered) was listed as deceased on her wikipedia page. It was edited, and then 4 days later, the whole family was discovered dead. I don't even remember why I checked her page that day; I believe that a wrestling article was talking about how Benoit was married to a former WCW talent; that was either a reminder or the first I've heard of it so I looked into it. Crazy, crazy stuff.
Posted Image
New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East
New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East
New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division
New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

#10 the admiral

the admiral
  • I LISTEN TO THE INDIGO GIRLS

• Members
  • 19,860 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 21:10

http://en.wikipedia....oldid=105987703

Long gone, I had to dig deep for it, but this was the best wikipedia vandalism I'd ever seen. I laughed for like three minutes after I saw this.
The females in the establishment start admiring Dirty for his assets, which just causes Dirty to return to the situation at hand: his money. He asks for the females' assistance in rectifying the situation, and subsequently asks them to expose their nether regions. Dirty finishes off the song with some nonsensical lyrics, that clearly imply his rising anger for the missing money.

#11 rainmaker17

rainmaker17
  • Stronghorns?

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 00:58

Posted Image

wow i love your article here, but we are on opposite ends of sports. im a diehard skins fan who lives in DC. I go to every game etc... My dad's side of the family is from Texas, but he was around before the Cowgirls became a staple (born in 45)... He went to Texas... A&M. And I'm a Nats fan (dont laugh) and i probs would hate the rangers if i was older than 14. ya kno, they took away a franchise...

Not sure what to say.....Go Team?

newsig.jpg

#12 LMU

LMU
  • One Lion, Two Cups

• Moderators
  • 15,274 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 01:09

I still to this day have no clue who did this, but I've never seen anything like the back and forth editing on Nick1733's wiki profile.
http://en.wikipedia....&action=history
(Warning, strong language in some of them)

banners_zpsb68e3080.pngEvent4_Bronze.png
POTD 12/30/11

#13 KennyRock

KennyRock
  • The Sheriff of Rock Ridge

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 02:48

Gotta love what someone did to the Atlantic Records page after they wouldn't let Weird Al release "You're Pitiful" on his CD. It mimics what he's doing to the same page in the video for White N' Nerdy: http://en.wikipedia....oldid=186976008

Also, I couldn't find when it happened, but WAY back in the day someome changed Walt Whitman's bio to that joke english paper that's all over the web: http://www.google.co...ved=0CCgQ9QEwAg
Posted Image
New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East
New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East
New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division
New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

#14 cameroncrazie07

cameroncrazie07
  • Science is a liar sometimes

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

• Favourite Logos:Texas Rangers, Phoenix Suns

Posted November 27, 2010 - 23:45

Posted Image

I'm sorry but I have to lol at that.

#15 Rockstar Matt

Rockstar Matt

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

• Favourite Logos:Cowboys primary, Lakers primary, love the us soccer off-white, white jerseys. LA Kings Primary Logo, LA Kings White and Black jerseys

Posted December 8, 2010 - 03:00

Posted Image

I'm sorry but I have to lol at that.

Haha, same here man, Don't know what that defrank dude is trying to say. I think he's trying to complement him. But rainmaker's response is hilarious. :lol:
Posted Image