Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainmaker17

Those wacky Wikipedia editors

15 posts in this topic

I always used to change Barry Bonds' batting average to .769. In hindsight, it probably was more accurate than I originally thought. :roidrage:

The blue taste just lingers a little to long.

sweetarts.jpg

You learn something every day. I would have guessed blueberry.

wow i love your article here, but we are on opposite ends of sports. im a diehard skins fan who lives in DC. I go to every game etc... My dad's side of the family is from Texas, but he was around before the Cowgirls became a staple (born in 45)... He went to Texas... A&M. And I'm a Nats fan (dont laugh) and i probs would hate the rangers if i was older than 14. ya kno, they took away a franchise...

I remember being surprised when I saw Wikipedia had a very detailed page on itself. I've always wanted to just delete everything on that page and just write "This is Wikipedia." in its place.

I remember being surprised when I saw Wikipedia had a very detailed page on itself. I've always wanted to just delete everything on that page and just write "This is Wikipedia." in its place.

There's nothing stopping you from doing so; that's the whole point of Wikipedia.

However, it would likely be immediately replaced with the original article.

There's nothing stopping you from doing so; that's the whole point of Wikipedia.

However, it would likely be immediately replaced with the original article.

Stephen Colbert had a longer article then Martin Luther at one point, if I remember correctly. Good times ^_^

One of the absolute creepiest things to happen on Wikipedia that I ever saw was this:

You all know, or at least heard about(since it seems we have a decent amount of WWE fans here) Chris Benoit and his murder/suicide of his family. Four days before it happened, Nancy Benoit(his wife, whom he murdered) was listed as deceased on her wikipedia page. It was edited, and then 4 days later, the whole family was discovered dead. I don't even remember why I checked her page that day; I believe that a wrestling article was talking about how Benoit was married to a former WCW talent; that was either a reminder or the first I've heard of it so I looked into it. Crazy, crazy stuff.

sweetarts.jpg

wow i love your article here, but we are on opposite ends of sports. im a diehard skins fan who lives in DC. I go to every game etc... My dad's side of the family is from Texas, but he was around before the Cowgirls became a staple (born in 45)... He went to Texas... A&M. And I'm a Nats fan (dont laugh) and i probs would hate the rangers if i was older than 14. ya kno, they took away a franchise...

Not sure what to say.....Go Team?

sweetarts.jpg

I'm sorry but I have to lol at that.

sweetarts.jpg

I'm sorry but I have to lol at that.

Haha, same here man, Don't know what that defrank dude is trying to say. I think he's trying to complement him. But rainmaker's response is hilarious. :lol: