DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No standing buffalo please. I suppose if you are 60 years old and remember Jack Kemp it has a certain appeal, but how will the Bills ever draw new fans if they have that sad, static and dated logo as their primary? I am a lifelong Bills fan, hate the current uniforms, and like a lot about the retro look, but not the logo. The charging buffalo is a far better logo, and a modernization of that would be far superior to a return to 1963. Unlike the Dallas Star or Colts' horsehoe, the standing buffalo is not an iconic symbol, and as a logo it is just sad.

Other than the logo, the only other comment I would have about the design is that it may look great in theory, but with the loss of the sleeve from NFL uniforms, I don't know if sleeve stripes are the way to go. I think more designs like Houston, Arizona and Seattle are what we will see in the future. Stripes just don't look right when they are cut off (49ers) or simply stop because there is no sleeve to wrap around (Steelers, Browns, Bears, and worse yet, Colts).

Right, I get what your saying. I could change the buffalo back if that's what you and others want. The stripes can work. Im really fond of the design. Here's it in action in the last couple of years: http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&gl=us&q=bills%20throwback#i=4

it works. I can change the bills if more feedback comes through.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

BILLS UPDATE

ok. so i took mbannons advice on the sleeves and anythingchicago's on the logo. i added a pro combat 3D as well, but my photoshop trial ends tomorrow, and today it was not letting me zoom in, so i wasnt able to add red to the sleeves or number. sorry! if i ever one day get photoshop, ill be sure to add it!

Home Away Home Alternate Alternate Away Pro Combat

The first designs can be found in post 56.

potd 10/20/12

Team 5:

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Home Away Home Alt. Away Alt.

Ok! Sorry for the time between this and the Bills, but with exams and all, I've been as busy as a 15 year old can get. So, this set was a mix of the current look (sleeves, chest, numbers) and the "Throwback" look that I am really fond of (helmet, pants color and stripe). Not too much originality here except for the collar color (again, not much) and the idea of Steeler alternates. I don't believe they ever wore a throwback with a white jersey recently, so I had to redesign the pants stripe (which by now, it seems apparent I love with it being on the Vikings, Bills, and Redskins already) to fit black pants. I dropped gold pants from the set because I didn't feel that they worked well with the gold helmet, like the throwbacks are as well. I added a bolt (screw or whatever) to the numbers to add to the "Steel" of the teams name, and the cities steel-working, where the name comes from, something that I have seen in other concepts. I wanted to add diamond plate, but I really couldn't find a place for it in the set. If you think of a good place, lemme know! Very pleased with this set!

Let's get some more C&C, the Bills was pretty light.

AFTER you give your thoughts on the uniforms, any thoughts on my next team? Any requests?

potd 10/20/12

Archived