DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

I'm going to have to disagree. I'm not a fan of the gold outlines. Generally, white numbers on a dark background with an outline color lighter than the background can cause a "bleeding" affect, which I'm definitely getting here. It doesn't look bad on the road, but at home it's bothering me.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Twenty Three - Chicago Bears

BearsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

For the bears I streamlined their current classic look by applying the home striping to the away jersey. I also added word marks to the collar and matched up the pants stripe to match the new sleeve designs for both jerseys.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Eh.....I'm not completely sold. I'm all for the consistent sleeve striping, but I'd rather see a version of the road stripes on the home than what you did (like on their recent throwbacks). Also, the pant stripes are a little much IMO. Lastly, they need the GSH on the left sleeve.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm going to keep the jerseys the way they are. I actually really like the way they turned out. But I appreciate the comments.

Well if you're sticking with the design at least make the stripes on the white elements orange with blue trim to improve the color balance and add consistency.

You're getting a bit too matchy with the stripes. Also, know that any time you use three stripes in a vertical orientation, like on a pant leg, it's very recognizable as an adidas trademark, and I'm certain that's why we don't generally see it on sports uniforms (besides adi soccer kits). If you're going to use a three stripe design, I'd keep it to horizontal placements whenever possible (around a sleeve, for example).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Another Bears fan here. Gotta say I disagree with what others have said and I'm commending you for a nice take on the current classics, while not overdoing it. I like it, and the only thing I'd change is the scrapping the wordmarks but they're your concepts and look pretty good as is.

Midway.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

SaintsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

Very small changes here. I simply added a pants stripe (and thus removed a logo) from both the black and gold pants. I also added gold socks for the black pants to prevent the "pajama" look. The Saints have a great identity, and I wanted to keep to that. C&C if you have it.

I know this is WAY late, but I don't like the gold socks. They wouldn't translate very well on the field. Make them black and this is perfect.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived