DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--UPDATE--

HELMETZZ.png

The Washington Redskins. My favorite football team, one that I pour my heart and soul into every fall. Back in August, I started my Redskins Rebrand, entering it into the NFL Concept Championship. I reached the semi finals. These uniforms and logos (click "Washington Redskins" above) were meant to take the great history and tradition of the Redskins franchise and vault them into the future. The new primary is much better suited for a pro football team in the 21st Century. Gone is a logo that is devoid of burgundy, and is primarily brown. Black was added to both the uniforms and logos to "pop" the current colors, but without a black alternate. Please leave C&C.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I still love this, DeFrank. But since you got rid of the racist logo, wouldn't it make sense to get rid of the racist name as well? I think Washington Warriors could work; the W sleeve patch really would go with that name.

I'd rather not get into a racism discussion, so I'll say this and not respond to the subject anymore:

I find the logo not to be offensive. I think it's a horrible logo however. The name, I understand the sentiment, but I can't let it go. The only way I could see the Redskins changing their name and me being OK with it is to something like Potomacs or possibly Warriors.

potd 10/20/12

I still love this, DeFrank. But since you got rid of the racist logo, wouldn't it make sense to get rid of the racist name as well? I think Washington Warriors could work; the W sleeve patch really would go with that name.

I'd rather not get into a racism discussion, so I'll say this and not respond to the subject anymore:

I find the logo not to be offensive. I think it's a horrible logo however. The name, I understand the sentiment, but I can't let it go. The only way I could see the Redskins changing their name and me being OK with it is to something like Potomacs or possibly Warriors.

Well said kid. I couldn't have put it better myself.

This is a huuuuuuuuuuuge downgrade. That italicized ny logo looks awful, the helmet stripes are way too big and ruin a classic helmet, and the road looks boring and predictable. This takes a retro uniform and modernizes it to be about as boring and vanilla as possible. The only things I like about this is the script below the collar and the socks.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

This is a huuuuuuuuuuuge downgrade. That italicized ny logo looks awful, the helmet stripes are way too big and ruin a classic helmet, and the road looks boring and predictable. This takes a retro uniform and modernizes it to be about as boring and vanilla as possible. The only things I like about this is the script below the collar and the socks.

I don't know. The Giants current road look is god awful to me.

Giants is a very strong concept. I like the italicized NY and the addition of more red.

1. Lighten up the blue. The Giants shouldn't be in navy. It really wouldn't be terrible to keep the helmet dark while lightening up the jersey. It'd be an homage to their previous look, and, while inconsistent and something that we usually hate on here, just looked good.

2. Consider keeping the single red helmet stripe. It's just one of those tradition things that would serve as a transition between eras, even if the actual logo changes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I appriciate the comment! I get what your saying about it being vanilla. I just think that their current look is such a dang mess they could use a consistant set. Watching the Eagles/Giants game last night, I certainly did have second guesses, but I like my look.

I also believe the Giants had a three stripe helmet at one point.

Blue is from ColorWerx.

potd 10/20/12

Dallas is really great, except I think the silver should be less green. The regular blue looks really good though.

Thanks. I decided to use the silver/green as the sort of main color. Here's a snapshot from an old UniWatch post of what it would look like

potd 10/20/12

I don't know. The Giants current road look is god awful to me.

I agree. I think the two biggest problems are

1. The jersey features primarily red, but it's matched with a blue helmet

2. The pants are just ugly. They don't look like football pants. They're not silver, they're a really dull grey.

Honestly I think this concept fixed all of the problems that I see with the current Giants set, so I say great job!

EDIT: Just saw the Cowboys, looks awesome!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 weeks later...

Team Seven - Philadelphia Eagles

--UPDATE--

EaglesHelmets.png

Home//Away//Black

I really grew to hate my first Eagles uniforms. The kelly really looked bad to me by the end, and my gold/black/green combo didn't look great. So I've got back to a closer to current look. My biggest change was using silver pants. No green or white, but silver. I tried to simplify the number outlines, and the pants stripe. But I really like this set, so have at it with C&C.

potd 10/20/12

Archived