DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

dig it. I'm excited to see some pro combat in the NFL next year. Would like to at least see an ALT uni for the Colts with some zing. Maybe a blue helmet, grey jersey style similar to Boise State's Pro Combat 2010. See Below

Also, I am familiar with graphic design, I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I recently got interested in doing uniform designs. Anyone have insight on a template for this "Pro Combat" uni? Thanks

6719930673_92aba0978b_z.jpg

1-18-2012 8-13-00 AM by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

Here's a link to photoshop templates. Further down on the first page are two similar .psd templates by davidson.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/73662-the-psd-movement/

spacer.png

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dig it. I'm excited to see some pro combat in the NFL next year. Would like to at least see an ALT uni for the Colts with some zing. Maybe a blue helmet, grey jersey style similar to Boise State's Pro Combat 2010. See Below

Also, I am familiar with graphic design, I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I recently got interested in doing uniform designs. Anyone have insight on a template for this "Pro Combat" uni? Thanks

6719930673_92aba0978b_z.jpg

1-18-2012 8-13-00 AM by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

Here's a link to photoshop templates. Further down on the first page are two similar .psd templates by davidson.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/73662-the-psd-movement/

thank you!

>>>

As I mentioned to you a few time prior, I'd like to see the Redskins go back to the 70th anniversary set worn in 2002, and in that EXACT shade of claret, which looks identical in color to the shirts of the Arsenal kit worn in their final season at Highbury ... and I love the gray face-mask with that color.

One of the top throwbacks ever .... based off the '65-'69 uniforms, they did a great tweak-job on it. The pants are great, not too loud like the bright-yellow of the 75th anniversary ones they wore against the NYG in 2007.

While I didn't agree with many of the concepts, I enjoyed checking out your work. Great effort.

Danny Wuerrful - Redskins 70th Anniversary Uni

05-06-Arsenal-Home-Shirt.gifAI_HenryMaroon.jpg

Aight ....

I do feel bad for Danny Wuerffel tho', he's got some kind of rare disease which is a disorder of the nervous system ....

BTW, from what I heard the Nike logo is going to be on the sleeves of the NFL jerseys just as the Reebok ones. For some reason the NFL doesn't want the mfg logos in jersey-front.

Aight ....

I do feel bad for Danny Wuerffel tho', he's got some kind of rare disease which is a disorder of the nervous system ....

BTW, from what I heard the Nike logo is going to be on the sleeves of the NFL jerseys just as the Reebok ones. For some reason the NFL doesn't want the mfg logos in jersey-front.

Yea that sounds most likely. I've also heard the back collar. We'll see. I'm going to use it like this until the actual jerseys are seen. So will you edit the post?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The original Seahawks concept was WAYYYYY better than the update. Less is more... especially where the evil empire Nike is concerned!

Ya think? the Hawks are a team that's way way in need of an update on this thread. In terms of the design, somewhat, but the quality from a year ago is just sad to look at!

In a couple weeks, I'll get going again. I'm just in a down phase right now. No creativity flowing.

potd 10/20/12

>>>>

I've always liked the shade of blue the Seahawks changed to in 2002, my only problem was the overuse of it, and that was MAJOR overuse. 'Twas total overkill.

Adding a darker shade of that blue into the mix didn't help either. Monochrome blue was the biggest mistake of that uniform. Why they didn't at the very least mix it up with the white pants at home like Denver and the Rams do I'll never understand.

I hope they keep that shade of blue, no more mono, minimize the darker blue (home sleeve & away pants), and instead of having an alternate use the throwback twice a season.

They're one of the few teams I liked in white on white, but I also liked their white w/ blue pants too ... just not the socks. The non-darker blue on the sleeves made for a good white on white look. Would like to see how the white jersey with blue pants looks with white striped socks.

Also, the NFL should lighten up and allow the NIKE swoosh on the front of the jersey. Seattle's sleeve ... the Reebok logo is nearly as big as the Seahawk logo.

09000d5d814634c9_gallery_600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Team Nineteen - Green Bay Packers

PackersHelmet.png

Home//Away

Back! I know, it's been a while. Five weeks or so. Well, I'm back with the Pack. I used a stencil number font and developed an alternate logo. Added word-marks to the chest like all other teams. Hope to begin work on possibly the Cardinals soon. I'm back in the uniform mood so look out!

potd 10/20/12

I was wondering when you were gonna finally take on the Packers :D

I like these. Only thing is I'd make the stroke for the stencil thinner. Nice work.

This. I'd also consider changing the placement of the stencil stroke on some of the numbers. Take the wordmark for example.

565.gif

Notice how the stroke on the "blocky" letters (P, K, E and R) are placed wherever there's a natural break in the letter. Only the round letters (C and S) simply have the stroke going down the middle. In other words, the stroke down the middle should probably only be used for numbers like 3, 8 and 0 while 2, 5, 6, 7, and 9 should take cues from P, K, E and R and 4 can take its cues from A.... hope this all made sense.

Also, I have no idea if this would actually work, but maybe try using a grey stroke on the white numbers and a lighter green on the green numbers. That might make the numbers easier to read while still keeping the stencil feel.

Still, great job overall.

Thanks for the stencil input guys. I used the basic rules that the Army pro combat did in terms of the placement. The old script is fine, but I couldn't find a way to get GREEN BAY in there also. I wont be making changes here, but thanks for the input. Glad to get this thread back on the front.

potd 10/20/12

Team Twenty - Arizona Cardinals

CardinalsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Home-Alt//Away-Alt

Didn't expect these to come out so quickly! The Cards are a team I've struggled with for almost a year. I first attempted them last March, giving them the colors of the Minnesota Wild. Didn't work. But I've gone with a pretty simple and in my opinion, extremely solid look that should hopefully please all parties. You have those clamoring for simple uniforms, as they're the oldest NFL franchise. You've got people hoping for ar return to the flag patch uniforms, and you've got some like me who actually really like their current uniforms. These feel fresh, modern, and unique, but still maintain both the flag elements and traditional uniform styles. Hope you all enjoy, and don't forget the Packers are right above these.

potd 10/20/12

Has any team in the NFL ever had plain white socks as the Arizona Cardinals red pants concepts have? I think it would benefit from some stripes.

That's a very good point, missed it. Should have simply used the white pants pattern on the white socks. Damn. I may change it later, not sure.

potd 10/20/12

Archived