DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

I like this, and I think you've made a great improvement over the current Chargers set. Only a couple small critiques.

The classic shield looks good, but you might want to try filling in the blue space below the bolt on the right side, and eliminate the gold space above the bolt on the left side. This could help the logo "flow" and eliminate some of the blocky constraints from the original.

You also used the slightly outdated font for the wordmark. Personally, I think the newest one is a stylistic upgrade over the previous.

Overall this series as a whole looks really good, and I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the league!

TDZiMMB.png

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I like the Chargers. I think the navy can work as the third color, but I have no issue with taking it out. Not sure about the lack of bolt "containers." Probably because I'm just not used to it. It's harder to make them work though with the tighter jersey cuts, so that's probably a good move. I feel like the pants bolt is too skinny, as if you skewed to get it to fit inside the pants panel. I would rather it overlap the seams a little than be skewed. Lastly, I like the rework of the old shield logo, but you could do a better job. I would make the bolt yellow to match the rest of the bolts in the set and use the Chargers current wordmark.

Alright well it seems like I can certainly improve this, I will do an update.

On the shield, I really like what you said Jimmy. I'll do that for sure. And mbannon, I'll try the gold for the bolt, I may use it.

On the wordmark, I used the old version because that way I could easily write "San Diego" on the away jersey. I think a good compromise is to use the new wordmark everywhere except the collar of the away jerseys.

The pants stripe is skewed. I was having a ton of trouble making it look correct. I can try just elongating it but keeping the right width to make it overlap.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try and have an update out sometime this week, hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Thanks for the comments mbannon, I was starting to wonder if you'd seen them! It's a good point about the Pack. Not going to update, but I appreciate it. NOW on to the next team...

Team Twenty One - San Diego Chargers

ChargersHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

Any mention of the Chargers must be

For the Chargers, I decided to ditch that navy and go with the favorite powder blue. On the whole, I think that their current uniform design is held back primarily by the awkward sleeve bolts and multi outlined logos and numbers. So, I took the pesky bolts and moved them to the shoulders like in their 1990's-2006 set. I kept the number font, which I know is a questionable move to some. Kept their (imo) great pants stripe. The biggest thing I did was remove any sort of shoulder or pants "container" color like we have seen on their current pants or their throwback jerseys. In addition, I took the classic Charger shield logo and updated it with the current font and bolt. So I hope you enjoy! C&C!

The primary logo is updated above. Thanks for the help.

potd 10/20/12

Thanks for the comments mbannon, I was starting to wonder if you'd seen them! It's a good point about the Pack. Not going to update, but I appreciate it. NOW on to the next team...

Team Twenty One - San Diego Chargers

ChargersHelmet.png

Home//Away//Away-Alt

Any mention of the Chargers must be

For the Chargers, I decided to ditch that navy and go with the favorite powder blue. On the whole, I think that their current uniform design is held back primarily by the awkward sleeve bolts and multi outlined logos and numbers. So, I took the pesky bolts and moved them to the shoulders like in their 1990's-2006 set. I kept the number font, which I know is a questionable move to some. Kept their (imo) great pants stripe. The biggest thing I did was remove any sort of shoulder or pants "container" color like we have seen on their current pants or their throwback jerseys. In addition, I took the classic Charger shield logo and updated it with the current font and bolt. So I hope you enjoy! C&C!

I'm not sold on the powder blue pants, but this is an upgrade over their current look in every way. Fantastic job.

Thanks again guys. Bumping this a final time before I work on a new team, which will probably be this weekend. Tennis season starts Thursday, so my week hours are shot. But this weekend should be a good time to crank out a concept for a team like the Browns with easier elements.

potd 10/20/12

Team Twenty Two - San Francisco 49ers

49ersHelmet.png

Home//Away

For the 49ers, I decided to go with a heavy duty stripe pattern. I love the way the 49er colors look when put against the pattern, and that's where I went. Not much else to say. A very quick concept. Somewhat annoyed I don't have "San Francisco" on the away jersey, but they're script is just... special.

potd 10/20/12

Looks good. Minor quibbles...

A. This looks kind of Adidas. Not really a problem but I wanted to point that out.

B. I don't really like how the jersey and pant stripe create a distinctive theme but then don't match the helmet.

C. The gold outline on the numbers isn't distinctive enough to warrent a change from the classic one-tone color of the Niners. May as well keep with plain white numbers for home and plain red numbers for road.

San Francisco looks pretty good, but it still has the problem that always bothers me with 49er uniforms-- that darn black in the logo. There's no black in the rest of their uniform or in the nice set you have here. Find a solution to this and you win internet points.

Also, I like the gold outline on the numbers. Maybe it's just me, though.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I've seen a lot of 49ers concepts and most of them I don't like very much. This is my favorite so far. I love the gold outline around the numbers. That should happen immediately.

mainescarf.png

Archived