NHL Winter Classic & Heritage Classic Concepts

Bmac

a few ideas

1: Caps vs Devils at Nationals Park in 2013.

Caps logo would be the 70's logo and the Devils logo would be from the 80's

2: Leafs vs Habs at BMO Field or Molson Stadium or Olympic Stadium

Logos would be from the 30's.

3: Devils vs Flyers at Red Bull Arena or New Meadowlands Stadium

Logos would be from the 80's.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 NHL Heritage Classic -February 19, 2012

Percival Molson Memorial Stadium, Montreal, Quebec

Logo:

The primary logo depicts a view of downtown Montreal.

HeritageClassic2012Logo.png

Uniforms:

Montreal's jersey uses the throwback CA logo, using a vintage cream color rather than white. The Senators jerseys are based off of the uniforms of the original Ottawa Senators.

HCCanadiens1.png

HCSenators.png

I like the habs uniform, but I don't really get why they'd go with it. With how many throwbacks they have, to the point where this heritage classic doesn't even bother to do anything out of the norm, I don't get why they'd try for a completely new uniform. Also, I think the league would make sure it was white (or at least vintage white). The senators are great, though I think we'd see a white box for the number to be in, like the habs barber pole (I believe the sens used that anyways, but it would be a huge help for the commentators)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That is a great concept but RBK can't do the Ottawa one due to the striping pattern. The 67s wanted this but were denied.

Reebok has said they couldn't do a lot of things and have since admitted they can. Hem stripes are the first example that come to mind.

The Habs jersey looks kinda pointless, to be honest... it looks old, but it doesn't really look like the Habs.

The design for the Senators uniform is right on the money, but I have a few suggestions. If you're going old-school 1920's-30's, forget the shoulder logos, use the tan-coloured pants, and go with a real number font instead of their current font (is it Arial??). The gold in general is probably unnecessary.

You got the stripe thickness down perfectly, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I may have an update for the 2012 HC later, but for now...

2013 NHL Heritage Classic -February 17, 2013

Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario

Logo:

The primary logo is a maple leaf with part of downtown Toronto inside.

HeritageClassic2013Logo.png

Uniforms:

The Maple Leafs base theirs off of the team's 1927-1930 uniforms. The Canadiens' are inspired by their 1935-1938 white jerseys.

HCMapleLeafs.png

HCCanadiens2.png

I may have an update for the 2012 HC later, but for now...

2013 NHL Heritage Classic -February 17, 2013

Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario

Logo:

The primary logo is a maple leaf with part of downtown Toronto inside.

HeritageClassic2013Logo.png

You were doing SO GOOD with the event logos! What happened?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

If the Avalanche were in it I'd like to see them use the Colorado Rockies uniform with the Avalanche logo on it, with the colors made to match.

4cxeqwf4o3ykm2eds9er4nr9g.gif

Something like this?

aahhef.png

Avs logo would be BLUE

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

Archived