dwboiler

ESPN U team specific logos

289 posts in this topic

While watching ESPN U last night (to see IU lose), I noticed they had a team specific logo that they were using as an outro before going to commercial. IU was playing Boston College and had the BC logo. I couldn't find a thread for this, but was looking for a collection of these logos. Here's what I found on Google

BC:

espnu-bc.png

James Madison:

ESPNU_JMU_4.jpg

Louisville:

ESPNULouisvilleLogo.jpg?t=1289591890

Marquette:

154677_10150132270212538_739902537_8049439_5175370_n.jpg

Ohio (worst one yet):

2010%20November%204%2019%2050%2025.jpeg

Found Some more. The more of these I find, the more impressed I am with ESPN. Really cool idea.

USC:

dcweb_espnu_01.jpg

UCLA:

dcweb_espnu_02.jpg

Hawaii:

dcweb_espnu_03.jpg

Florida:

dcweb_espnu_05.jpg

Texas? OK State?

dcweb_espnu_08.jpg

My Boilers:

dcweb_espnu_09.jpg

Kansas?

dcweb_espnu_11.jpg

Wisconsin:

dcweb_espnu_13.jpg

They had this last week for football, the only ones I remember well are the Wisconsin and Miami(FL) ones. There was an Iowa and Ohio State one as well, but I can't remember what they looked like. I think they're kinda cool actually. Some are pretty horrendous, but some, like the Wisconsin one, actually look pretty neat and clever.

espnu.JPG

2010%20September%209%2019%2032%2034.jpeg

They could do an easy USF one, too. I think the James Madison one is fake, also.

Theh had a Duke one too with a blue devil

Otto_ESPNU_2__medium.jpg

General rule of thumb with ESPNU logos after watching so much lacrosse last year: Mascots come out good to great, real animals can end up cringe worthy, and birds end up being really bad. It's a really cool idea to have the logo be unique for each school, though.

They could do an easy USF one, too. I think the James Madison one is fake, also.

USF-ESPNU.jpg

wow really unique and impressive. I can't believe ESPN put that much time (and therefore money) into making this unique for each team.

Is there a site with all of them? Is there a Missouri,Iowa, or Kansas State one?

After searching on Google, I'm really disappointed I cannot

A. Find a bigger picture of this

or

B. Find the ads from this campaign

espn-poster-500px.jpg

espnu_map_2.jpg

Kudos if someone posts Oregon

I wonder what they'd do for Utah and Utah State. I'd expect some sort of bull for USU, but the Utah one would be tricky. Probably either just some feathers attached to the side of the U, or they could go the mascot route and use a red-tailed hawk. Either one would look pretty neat I think.

Oh, and that Minnesota one is awesome. It's definitely one of my new favorites!

Do they have a Boise State one? I just want to see how they forced a bronco into that U shape.

Minnesota

dcweb_espnu_12.jpg

Isn't that a squirrel?

I think they are fantastic. Sure some of them aren't amazing but for the most part its a really cool unique thing they did. they are all animated as well.

Was able to track down only one, and BTW, I loved these when they came out earlier in the year for Football:

Georgetown: ESPNU

Edit: Found a few more, not team specific, but pretty interesting nonetheless:

dcweb_espnu_06.jpg

dcweb_espnu_10.jpg

dcweb_espnu_07.jpg

dcweb_espnu_04.jpg

Minnesota

dcweb_espnu_12.jpg

Isn't that a squirrel?

I think they are fantastic. Sure some of them aren't amazing but for the most part its a really cool unique thing they did. they are all animated as well.

That's cause Gophers are related to squirrels. They are both rodent-like creatures.

Some one Post UM's. I wonder if they just copied the original U from UM or put Sebastian in there.

Yeah can anyone post how they found these? I'm sure there are just about 1 for every major college.

I found the one I posted because someone took a picture of it last year on Nunes Magician.

From what else I remember through lacrosse season that I couldn't find, but I can remember descriptively

-Virginia: Just a blue and orange U with a sword

-Maryland: Had a terripan shell with a head popping out. This was a pretty cool one

-Duke: Mascot head

-UNC: Had a ram on it, animal version not mascot head

-Rutgers: IIRC it was knight armor with a helmet on top

-Notre Dame: Green U with a leprechaun hat and a pot of gold and rainbow

-Cornell: Same as UCLA's it looks like but with red and black instead of blue and gold. The fur was a little lighter I think, too

-Princeton: Mascot head

-Johns Hopkins: The really crappy bird style as a blue jay

Some one Post UM's. I wonder if they just copied the original U from UM or put Sebastian in there.

Actually, the one I saw was just palm trees. I think there might've been an ocean type thing underneath it too.

Finally, USF's logo becomes VERY useful!

I don't think the Bobcat one is TOO bad now that they've contorted every other mammal into an odd capital U shape. Now every time I see little critters running across campus I'm going to imagine them twisted into a U... I LOVE Wisconsin's. These are awesome.