ESPN U team specific logos

dwboiler

While watching ESPN U last night (to see IU lose), I noticed they had a team specific logo that they were using as an outro before going to commercial. IU was playing Boston College and had the BC logo. I couldn't find a thread for this, but was looking for a collection of these logos. Here's what I found on Google

BC:

espnu-bc.png

James Madison:

ESPNU_JMU_4.jpg

Louisville:

ESPNULouisvilleLogo.jpg?t=1289591890

Marquette:

154677_10150132270212538_739902537_8049439_5175370_n.jpg

Ohio (worst one yet):

2010%20November%204%2019%2050%2025.jpeg

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had this last week for football, the only ones I remember well are the Wisconsin and Miami(FL) ones. There was an Iowa and Ohio State one as well, but I can't remember what they looked like. I think they're kinda cool actually. Some are pretty horrendous, but some, like the Wisconsin one, actually look pretty neat and clever.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Otto_ESPNU_2__medium.jpg

General rule of thumb with ESPNU logos after watching so much lacrosse last year: Mascots come out good to great, real animals can end up cringe worthy, and birds end up being really bad. It's a really cool idea to have the logo be unique for each school, though.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I wonder what they'd do for Utah and Utah State. I'd expect some sort of bull for USU, but the Utah one would be tricky. Probably either just some feathers attached to the side of the U, or they could go the mascot route and use a red-tailed hawk. Either one would look pretty neat I think.

Oh, and that Minnesota one is awesome. It's definitely one of my new favorites!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived