"America the Beautiful" Quarter series

CS85

I found a new quarter today from the America The Beautiful series of quarters from the US Mint.

mount-hood-quarter1.jpg

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/

^ More about the upcoming series. Pretty cool!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm kind of surprised at some of these. I would've expected the Dells for Wisconsin since going there is a right of passage for a lot of Upper Midwesterners (the Apostle Islands are still a huge upgrade over that stupid cow though!) And how could New York go with anything but Niagara Falls? Not to mention some others (i.e. South Dakota) that are gonna be redundant.

Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty being listed under New Jersey really, really chaps my ass. :cursing:

I feel you, but it's freakin' Jersey... the only other thing they might have been able to contribute to this series is the shore, and anything that could save us from 50 years of lame jokes like "where's the fist-pumping guidos?" is good with me.

Yeah, bring out the tired, lame New Jersey Jokes. New Jersey could do the shore, as there are tons of historical beaches and lighthouses, but they could also choose Revolutionary War or other historic sites, or even the Princeton Campus. For every hackneyed Jersey post there's something equally nasty about that poster's state, I assure you.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Why do American protectorates get in on this?

Why not? They all use the dollar...they deserve the love too.

Guess when I think "America the Beautiful" I think locations within the 50 states. Just me.

But then again I'm not making the calls at the mint.

I'm kind of surprised at some of these. I would've expected the Dells for Wisconsin since going there is a right of passage for a lot of Upper Midwesterners (the Apostle Islands are still a huge upgrade over that stupid cow though!) And how could New York go with anything but Niagara Falls? Not to mention some others (i.e. South Dakota) that are gonna be redundant.

Except the "scenic" portion of the Dells doesn't exist anymore, correct? They're just left with kitschy mob-rule Vegas knockoff architecture and amusements.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Except the "scenic" portion of the Dells doesn't exist anymore, correct? They're just left with kitschy mob-rule Vegas knockoff architecture and amusements.

Not quite... while the town of Wisconsin Dells is pretty much exactly as you described it, the actual dells along the Wisconsin River that it was named for definitely haven't gone anywhere.

Wisconsin%20Dells3.jpg

In fact, that's where Lake Delton is these days :D

Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty being listed under New Jersey really, really chaps my ass. :cursing:

Why you stole those islands from NJ? Those are our islands not New York. They should have always been associated with New Jersey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's where they are located.

That's what bothers me about it.

But even from New Jersey's perspective, why go with landmarks most of the world associates with New York City to represent your state?

This is the most redundant and insipid thing I've ever seen. We all collected the 50 state quarters and now this? :unsure:

And then there's the presidential dollars that most people have completely forgotten about by now.

VmWIn6B.png

It's where they are located.

That's what bothers me about it.

But even from New Jersey's perspective, why go with landmarks most of the world associates with New York City to represent your state?

So perpetuate a falsehood? I'd prefer to see people informed about truths and facts.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived