University of Michigan (Wolverine logo)

JJSCOTT

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys i think i may do this once i am completely sure i am done tweeking it

Just make sure you do it soon before some :censored: decides to steal it, resulting in a huge fight :vaderandluke:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

thanks guys i think i may do this once i am completely sure i am done tweeking it

Just make sure you do it soon before some :censored: decides to steal it, resulting in a huge fight :vaderandluke:

I know all I keep thinking is the blackhawk concept that was on here (by Mike I think it was) and exploded into a huge ordeal with the tshirt vendors in Chicago and then the guy that ripped it for that hockey team as well... not that I am putting my logo in the same league as that. That is one of my favorite logos I have ever seen on here!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I know all I keep thinking is the blackhawk concept that was on here (by Mike I think it was) and exploded into a huge ordeal with the tshirt vendors in Chicago and then the guy that ripped it for that hockey team as well... not that I am putting my logo in the same league as that. That is one of my favorite logos I have ever seen on here!

You should.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Im a little late to the game here, just seeing this for the first time, but this is really good. I dont think Michigan has any plans to go away from their primary M logo, but this would be an excellent seconday logo. It even matches the style of Michigan's identity in my mind. I like the wolverine placed on the M too. That could be their new primary since it has a little bit of the old with this new bada$$ scowling wolverine youve made.

Michigan should contact you right now and shower you with dough to take that logo off your hands. That's the highest compliment I can pay, great job.

However, I don't like the Wolverine head with the block M because it obscures the M so much. Don't let the addendum bring you down, it's one of the best logos I've seen here.

FsQiF2W.png

thanks guys! I actually just got back from the big chill!!! it was aMAIZEing! :)

Wow. Is that what Michiganites call a pun? That's awful. But I agree. Fantastic game unless you were a Spartan fan.

meh.ro2937.jpg

I still think you need to connect the yellow tuft inside the ear to the rest of the ear (on the right side of the tuft in the direction its facing now, so the part of the ear towards the center of the head). I also don't like the blue eyebrow dots inside the wing, they really overcomplicate the thing, simplicity is key.

I may try your suggestion with the ear I played around with a few different ways of doing it but nothing really stood out as best to me. The marks above the eye are from a couple images of reference I used... not really sure what they are but they seem to be on most all the pics as darker marks above the eyes. I suppose I could dump them just wanted to try and take feature from the real wolverine to incorporate.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

You do awesome work. The only negative I can say is that it went from looking a bit like a bear to a bit like a dog. I think it's the teeth that do it.

Also, I'll do a bit of hi-jacking (apologies, but can't make my own thread), here's a concept I came up with for North Dakota as a replacement for Fighting Sioux. Pheasants don't have that vicious trait that many nickname animals do, but it's something ND is known for:

I did base the work off of a different logo, but changed as much as I could to fit the billing of a new logo.

fightnpheasantsml.png

pheasantsjersey.png

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

You do awesome work. The only negative I can say is that it went from looking a bit like a bear to a bit like a dog. I think it's the teeth that do it.

Also, I'll do a bit of hi-jacking (apologies, but can't make my own thread), here's a concept I came up with for North Dakota as a replacement for Fighting Sioux. Pheasants don't have that vicious trait that many nickname animals do, but it's something ND is known for:

I did base the work off of a different logo, but changed as much as I could to fit the billing of a new logo.

fightnpheasantsml.png

pheasantsjersey.png

MiamiRedHawks.gif

Also, apologizing for threadjacking before you threadjack doesn't make it ok.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived