University of Michigan (Wolverine logo)

JJSCOTT

was gonna try and do a custom hat like Tom had posted on here (http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=77219). when i started sizing the logo i was bothered that the overall size left the head which i wanted focus to be on was only about half the total size. so i reworked it so that the total logo size would allow me to leave the head larger...

e1eb4557.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering... Would anybody be bothered that the proportions are similar to Penn State's logo?

That's the only thing I noticed that was odd. I love the logo, don't get me wrong. Just a little hiccup I noticed. Note that the only similarity I'm mentioning is the proportion, nothing else.

e1eb4557.png

penn_state_logo.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

^ i think hes saying the silhouette of both logos are similar, being ovals. yes the Wolverine has an oval shape to it, but nothing about it suggest Penn State to me.

JJ, i think you've got it now. theres nothing that i could recommend in changing. at small sizes the highlights in the eyes might not show and probably wouldnt be embroidered, but i wouldnt change it.well done

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wow, first of all, let me say you've done a fantastic job from the beginning up to here. I could see this easily being an alternate for all Michigan athletics.

However, I'm sorry, but I have a few nitpicks of my own. Hopefully I'm not too late and you haven't fully moved on to something else.

First of all, I'm not an expert on wolverine anatomy and the only pictures/logos I've seen have them with their mouths open, but do their lower canines protrude over their top lip like that?

Which brings me to my next point: It looks a little like a bulldog. If a wolverines teeth are usually like that then thats fine, but I feel like the eyes are too big. In that picture of the wolverine someone posted earlier it had smaller eyes. That's really my only complaint. Oh, and I like M logo, but like others said the neck seems to take too much away from it. Perhaps have the head "peaking" out from behind it (ie. have the neck behind the M but the head poking over) if you know what I mean.

Other than that I love it, great job man, you've got some great skills.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

kewp80.. i know the eyes of the real wolverine are smaller but i was afraid they would be lost if i made them much smaller when logo is shrunk and the teeth is kinda just from what i saw in most pics when the mouth was open but i wanted to give some teeth to him to look a lil meaner.

here are a couple variations where i added it to the block M after i refinished the head logo.

b15134fd.png4feacc88.png

kewp80.. i know the eyes of the real wolverine are smaller but i was afraid they would be lost if i made them much smaller when logo is shrunk and the teeth is kinda just from what i saw in most pics when the mouth was open but i wanted to give some teeth to him to look a lil meaner.

here are a couple variations where i added it to the block M after i refinished the head logo.

b15134fd.png4feacc88.png

I get what you're saying. Now that I look at I feel it's more of the length of the snout and the undercut that makes it look like a bulldog. Their eyes are very small realistically, can't have two little dots for eyes :D

I think maybe making the snout a little longer or maybe trying one with its mouth open. Having the mouth open would get rid of some of the massive blue space in the neck (when you take away the yellow stip which I think you should do for the M logo). It would also make it more fierce; right now the eyes say pissed off but the mouth says bored. The second M logo looks the best though. Just thicken the stroke around the M to match that of the wolverine's.

I'm sorry I came in late into the whole process, but I think this is a wonderful logo. So much better than the joke of a wolverine head Zeypher had on those hats. I also feel Michigan needs some kind of change whether ever so slightly.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm notoriously cheap, but I would pay even a ridiculous amount for that hat. (and that's coming from a Gators fan)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

haha thanks guys... more and more i am thinking i need to come up with some way to dig into my pockets so i can get a couple of these made up!

anybody have some recommendations for embroidered patches or caps at a reasonable cost?!?!

special thanks to conrad for puttin together the sweet embroidered look to the logo! ;)

I like the second Wolverine in the M and the helmet is a great idea but once it gets too many on there it'll look to fuddled.

yeah i am not in favor of the helmet stickers on the winged helmet but heard they were gonna be comin back so figured i would see what they would look like with my logo.

I like the second Wolverine in the M and the helmet is a great idea but once it gets too many on there it'll look to fuddled.

yeah i am not in favor of the helmet stickers on the winged helmet but heard they were gonna be comin back so figured i would see what they would look like with my logo.

Don't get me wrong they;re a good idea just if they get too many it'll just look like a yellow and blue mess.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

some hats using template posted on boards...

68dac153.jpg

Put the block M on the back and give this to me NOW!

(sweet embroidered patch, btw ;))

I would love to have that hat! I would most certainly buy one.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived