Channahon Township Logo Entry

CJworks

Hey guys,

I've found myself pretty busy and buried in my work lately, as I've got alot of projects going on. Still working on both the Football Legaue and NHL Redesign, so stay tuned for some updates (thanks for the support in those by the way).

So, just this past summer, I changed schools despite moving literally across the street from my old residence, and this being my first year at the new school, I've found myself getting alot of work. I'm pretty well known as a designer, I was already awarded the job of redesigning the school's Cross Country/Track logo, which itself has taken a great amount of my time.

Anywho, my school had an announcement last Monday that stated that they would be holding a contest for all students to design a logo for the township of Channahon, a village not too far from the school. The award was $200, so I thought why not take a stab at it?

If you guys aren't familiar, Channahon is a small village out in the middle of nowhere, sorrounded by confields, in the Joliet/Minooka/Shorewood area of Illinois. There's lots of farmland, so I incorperated a tractor in my entry. My bus route passes through here in the mornings, and the image I always get in my head is the sun peeking up from behind the cornfields.

My design consisted of a mix between the two ideas. I'm still stuck on the wordmark, I would love some suggestions on that one. The entries aren't due till next Tuesday, the 21st, so I thought I might as well ask for some opinions of the professionals.

By the way, I wasn't sure where to post this, move this where you wish.

channahontownship.png

What do you guys think?

the lettermark treatment is really nice...strongest of the bunch

if you feel that you need an icon to go with it, i would start over (maybe with some of the same elements, but losing the overall shape)...too derivative of the obama logos, if you ask me

jldesigns404eo.png

Much better.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Rays of first script mark plus farm silhouette of second mark = winner. Seems too bounded with this update. Don't do any outlines, you want this to work on everything their little hearts desire.

(p.s. You left the white inside your A's and O's)

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

SHOOT ME:

days_inn_logo.jpg

Nice logo bottom right is the best looking one.

P.S. You live pretty close to me, ever heard of Cary, or Crystal Lake?

How bout the ole' Northbrook area? Glenbrook North!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I've heard of them both! I think our football team actually played Glenbrrok this year. SOunds too familiar.

I'll try and tweak the colors and make changes where needed. Thanks alot guys.

I've heard of them both! I think our football team actually played Glenbrrok this year. SOunds too familiar.

What school are you at/? Theres also a Glenbrook South, you may have played them. We hate them.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

What school are you at/? Theres also a Glenbrook South, you may have played them. We hate them.

I transferred from Plainfield South to Minooka.

Archived