Stadiums/Arenas that needs a renovation

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#1 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 15:24

I often wonder why USC/the city of Los Angeles hasn't fixed up the Memorial Coliseum yet. I really think that the stadium really needs a much needed renovation. If there is a renovation, the endzone with the torch and statues needs to be preserved.

Any other facilities that needs an overhaul?

#2 Breakwood

Breakwood
  • Allez l'OL!

• Members
  • 3,673 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 15:29

The metrodome :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#3 mr.negative15

mr.negative15

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 15:33

Rogers Centre.
AKA the big cement bowl.

GTA United(USA)/Toronto Maroons (ULL)/Toronto Canucks(UL)

#4 WildWinger88

WildWinger88
  • Something Magic Happens Every Night.

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anaheim Ducks Secondary (2010-Present)
      Mighty Ducks of Anaheim ('93-'06)
      Baltimore Ravens ('96-'97)
      Baltimore Bullets
      Baltimore Orioles (2012)
      Richmond Renegades ('90-'03)

Posted December 16, 2010 - 15:43

Richmond Coliseum

Posted Image

Team2014Signature.png

FANTASY CLUBS:

Richmond Renegades (2x Capital Cup Champs)(NAHL/GHA 2006-Present)Baltimore Claws (MLH 2013-Present) - Richmond Roadrunners (CFA 2011-Present) - Virginia Pines (1x Gait Cup Champs) (ULL 2011-Present) - Richmond Virginians (CL 2013-Present) - Virginia Squires (UBA 2011-Present) - Bayern Baltimore (CPL 2011/USA 2011-Present)

#5 loogodude90

loogodude90

• Banned
  • 2,996 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 15:44

Arco Arena in Sacramento looks like a dump whenever I see it on TV. I've never been there but it certainly looks like the smallest and/or most run-down arena used by an NBA team. Right down to the red and blue seats that haven't been the Kings colors in almost 20 years.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

#6 DEAD!

DEAD!
  • Memories...

• Members
  • 20,893 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:02

jobing.com arena needs to be blown up... :P
I saw, I came, I left.

#7 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:06

And your post needs to go to the graveyard!

#8 CC97

CC97
  • The Creamer

• Admin
  • 14,063 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:17

Please stop reporting posts that do not warrant being reported.

Someone saying something about the Coyotes or Glendale or Phoenix or that the Coyotes have few fans or that you're a Coyotes fan does not require a report to be filed.

To answer your complaint, we do look at your reports but no action is ever taken because no action is required other than a few rolled eyeballs that this is even something that needs to be looked at.
SportsLogos.Net: Logos News Forum Facebook @sportslogosnet

#9 Delayed Penalty

Delayed Penalty
  • Outlaws Never Surrender

• Members
  • 5,065 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:18

Joe Louis Arena: Cramped, uncomfortable, very steep stairs, bathrooms are terrible, not enough space in the concourse, narrow tunnel (aka the cattle chute) funneling guests to/from the parking garage...

Posted Image

#10 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:19

Someone saying something about the Coyotes or Glendale or Phoenix or that the Coyotes have few fans or that you're a Coyotes fan does not require a report to be filed.

To answer your complaint, we do look at your reports but no action is ever taken because no action is required other than a few rolled eyeballs that this is even something that needs to be looked at.

That post was OUT of context of the thread! Don't you think that's deserving of deletion?!?!

You mods and admins are doing a lousy job of enforcing rules!

#11 FamousAtticus

FamousAtticus

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:25

The Citrus Bowl in Orlando. It would be considered state-of-the-art only if it was 1972.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

#12 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:25

Using my quotes as a signature without my permition is warrant a report. That last out-of-context-of-the-thread post was warrant of a report.

Get your forest out of your eyes before looking for the supposed splinter of mine.

#13 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:30

Using my quotes as a signature without my permition is warrant a report. That last out-of-context-of-the-thread post was warrant of a report.

Get your forest out of your eyes before looking for the supposed splinter of mine.

Are you kidding me? Someone says the Coyotes suck and you report them? You should not ever go to an away game ever.

Coyotes Suck. Glendale is stupid for sinking the city to support them, and incredibly stupid for where they put the complex.

People use quotes as signatures all the time. I'm looking forward to using your reply to this as mine.

Coyotes Suck. Glendale Sucks. Gary needs more Asians.

Edit: And to keep from being for being reported as out of context as well as for saying the Coyotes suck, New Orleans Arena could use a sprucing up.

#14 Don

Don
  • Vamos DC

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

• Favourite Logos:The "Weagle", the Nationals Curly W

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:32

Are you kidding me? Someone says the Coyotes suck and you report them? You should not ever go to an away game ever.

Coyotes Suck. Glendale is stupid for sinking the city to support them, and incredibly stupid for where they put the complex.

People use quotes as signatures all the time. I'm looking forward to using your reply to this as mine.

Coyotes Suck. Glendale Sucks. Gary needs more Asians.

FTW

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

#15 CC97

CC97
  • The Creamer

• Admin
  • 14,063 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:41

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me... I was unsure what's deserving of a report and what's not deserving of a report on my own message board.

Next time I'm home I'll call you up to find out if I'm supposed take my shoes off before walking all over my own hardwood floors.

And heads up, the post was not out-of-context, he thought Jobing.com Arena should be blown up -- it's not a bad suggestion, would save the residents of Glendale a heck of a lot of money in taxes.
SportsLogos.Net: Logos News Forum Facebook @sportslogosnet

#16 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:44

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me... I was unsure what's deserving of a report and what's not deserving of a report on my own message board.

Next time I'm home I'll call you up to find out if I'm supposed take my shoes off before walking all over my own hardwood floors.

And heads up, the post was not out-of-context, he thought Jobing.com Arena should be blown up -- it's not a bad suggestion, would save the residents of Glendale a heck of a lot of money in taxes.

Um, this is a renovation thread, not a demolition thread. Demolition is not renovation. Thus, it is out of context and worthy of reproting. Any justification of blowing up an arena in a thread about renovation is foolishness.

You are doing a bad job at admiding a forum. And the fact that people are able to use quotes in their signatures without prior concent is wrong and disturbing.

#17 Gary.

Gary.
  • do not accept checks from this man

• Members
  • 19,479 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:52

Um, this is a renovation thread, not a demolition thread. Demolition is not renovation. Thus, it is out of context and worthy of reproting. Any justification of blowing up an arena in a thread about renovation is foolishness.

You are doing a bad job at admiding a forum. And the fact that people are able to use quotes in their signatures without prior concent is wrong and disturbing.

Whoa man calm down. There are times that sarcasm goes way over your head, and to attack the very man(who is god among these boards btw) who is trying to help you in saying stfu and chill. You're taking this way over context.

And Josh is right Gary needs more asians

glendale_sig.jpg

#18 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:54

Whoa man calm down. There are times that sarcasm goes way over your head, and to attack the very man(who is god among these boards btw) who is trying to help you in saying stfu and chill. You're taking this way over context.

WTF?!?! I'm taking this out of context?!?! This is a renovation thread, there's no room for demolition! That is wrong, and had to be reported.

#19 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:54

Don't worry Gary, I understand the Asian Persuasion. I just don't have it as bad as you do.

If you want to get technical, there is demolition involved in renovation so BigMac if you don't like the forum, kindly get the :censored: out.

Edit: BigMac, I just reported myself so you don't have to.

#20 BigMac12

BigMac12

• Banned
  • 2,338 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 16:57

Don't worry Gary, I understand the Asian Persuasion. I just don't have it as bad as you do.

If you want to get technical, there is demolition involved in renovation so BigMac if you don't like the forum, kindly get the :censored: out.

If I wanted a demolition thread, I would put a demolitoin thread. Renovation, in the sense of spuricing up the stadium, is not demolition. And demoltion of a perfectly funtioning arena is out of context of this thread.