Favorite Player

JayJaxon

A few of my friends from work were having this discussion yesterday and I thought maybe it would be a good idea for a thread. Who is your favorite player that doesn't play for your favorite team? For example, my favorite baseball team is the Atlanta Braves but my favorite player that doesn't play for them is Tulowitzki. I'm a Falcons fan but my favorite player not in the ATL is Peyton Manning.

Let's hear yours! :)

Ray Allen. Favorite NBA baller period.

Over in the NFL...now that I think about it, it'd probably be a toss-up among Larry Fitzgerald, Ray Lewis, or Peyton Manning.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mike Richards. Thats alot for me to say as a Caps fan, but I love the guys game, heart, grit, plays both sides of the rink, will fight when necessary. Just a great all around player. I also really like Duncan Keith.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

NHL: LEAFS- Rick Nash (hence the screenname)

NFL: EAGLES- Tim Tebow (hence the sig)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Evan Longoria - MLB, favorite team: Brewers

Alex Ovechkin - NHL, favorite team: Wild

Kevin Durant - NBA, favorite team: Bucks

Andre Johnson - NFL, favorite team: Vikings

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

This is a cool idea, here's mine:

NBA - Jason Kidd (favorite team - Jazz)

NFL - Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Sam Bradford (favorite team - Colts)

MLB - Josh Hamilton (favorite team - Dodgers)

MLS - Landon Donovan (favorite team - RSL)

NCAAF - Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton (favorite team - Utah)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

NBA - Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City (Currently looking for a team)

NHL - Rick Nash, Columbus (Calgary Flames)

NFL - Adrian Peterson, Minnesota (Green Bay Packers)

MLB - Tim Lincecum, San Francisco (Toronto Blue Jays)

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

MLB (Angels) - Carlos Ruiz...I would say Vlad or Jim Edmonds, but since they're former Angels, I'll consider them disqualified in this case

NFL (Lions) - Larry Fitzgerald...My brother went to Pitt the same time Larry was there. He was beyond amazing there

NBA (Suns) - Ray Allen...I liked him a lot when he was at UConn.

NHL (Red Wings) - Again, a former Wing would take the cake (Ville Leino), but for someone who's never been in Hockeytown, I'll go with Anze Kopitar.

My all-time favorite players that weren't on my favorite teams would easily be Kirby Puckett, Dan Marino, Alonzo Mourning and Pavel Bure.

MLB: Travis Hafner, Indians (He is from North Dakota, after all.) Favorite team: Twins

NFL: Peyton Manning (Very classy player.) Favorite team: Vikings

NBA and NHL: Favorite teams are the Lakers and Wild, but I'm just not that passionate about those teams or those leagues to consider favorite players from other teams.

NHL: Alex Ovechkin, Ryan Miller

MLB: Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Cliff Lee, Joe Mauer

NFL: Drew Brees, DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson

NBA: Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Pretty good topic we've got going here, so I'll throw in my choices.

NHL (Blue Jackets) - Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecalvier - not really sure why, but Marty and Vinny are two players I really like. Big reason Tampa's my second team.

NFL (Browns) - Matt Ryan - He was my guilty pleasure player when he was at BC, and once again, he's a lot of the reason I follow what the Falcons do.

MLB (Indians) - Ryan Zimmerman - Being a 3rd baseman myself, and someone with the Nationals as my second team (lol), I love Zimmerman's play. He can do it with the glove and the bat, and he's one of the best players at his position in the game.

NBA (Cavaliers) - Gerald Wallace - Once again a player on my second team, but this one just makes too much damn sense. My nickname is Crash because in basketball games, I'll always be on the floor. Well Wallace's nickname is also Crash for the same reason. So I think this one's fitting.

If we wanna go to players on teams that I have no rooting interest in though...

NHL - Matt Cullen - I dunno why, but I just randomly started following the guy with the Hurricanes' playoff series against Pittsburgh back in '08. He's in Minnesota now, right? (Also love the way Clutterbuck plays for them, in addition to Patrick Kaleta in Buffalo).

NFL - Michael Vick - He's slowly but surely making me like the Eagles, because him (and Jackson) are just fun to watch.

MLB - I'd have to say Joe Mauer on this one. Well played, Mauer is one of the best commercial lines in recent memory, and I love how the guy's staying in his hometown and how he's just a class act on and off the field.

NBA - Blake Griffin. Dude's a beast. 'Nuff said.

6fQjS3M.png

Good call on Gerald Wallace, I love Crash.

Lets see, strictly NBA speaking, I will expand my list:

Bulls:

Derrick Rose

Joakim Noah

Taj Gibson

Non-Bulls:

Jamal Crawford

Gerald Wallace

Joe Johnson

Aaron Brooks

Marcus Camby

Baron Davis

David Lee

Devin Harris

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrFMTdFGz4

Pretty sure we've had this before, and I'm pretty sure I picked Ichiro. He is basically my prototypical baseball player. Fast as hell, can cover a lot of ground on the field, a blur on the basepaths, great on defense, and a :censored:ing hitting machine. Plus, there's this.

He pointed to Ichiro Suzuki, the Seattle Mariners? wisp of an outfielder, a man who still uses a translator to do interviews with English-speaking reporters ? and happens to be baseball?s amalgam of Anthony Robbins and George Carlin. Every year, after the AL manager addresses his team, Ichiro bursts from his locker, a bundle of kinetic energy, and proceeds, in English, to disparage the National League with an H-bomb of F-bombs, stunning first-timers who had no idea Ichiro speaks the queen?s language fluently and making returnees happy that they had played well enough to see the pep talk again.

The tradition began in 2001, Ichiro?s first All-Star appearance, and the AL hasn?t lost a game since. Coincidence?

Um. No.

?I know how important it is to the game,? Ichiro said. ?I?m more concentrated at that moment than I am in the game.?

He's a quote machine. Ichiro is awesome.

MLB - Albert Pujos. This guy is amazing. There's nothing better than watching him at the plate in a crucial situation.

NFL - Tom Brady. There's nothing he can't do. This might have been Favre a couple years ago, but Brady has proved he can pull out the win in a clutch situation.

NHL - Alex Ovechkin. He can do it all. Well, maybe not it all, but he can hit and score. That's good enough for me. He is the most fun player by far to watch in the NHL.

NBA - Dwight Howard. He's not cocky and he doesn't make a big deal about being the best big man in the game. Nothing but respect for Howard, he's a class act.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived