Sportslogos.net NFL uniforms updates

vicfurth

Hey, guys. I'm gonna take on the task of finishing the uniform section of the mother site. I'll need all sorts of info from you guys to get er done right, so all hands on deck!

I'm gonn try to get them done in alphabetical order, but if a previous team is inaccurate I can backtrack and finish.

Let's start with the Arizona Cardinals (1994-pres)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont forget to add the BFBS alts the Cards are using as of this year.

How is it BFBS, if its one of their colors?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I agree that it is one of their "colors" but so much more could have been done than just a black Alt. Also the Many fans in Phoenix "Love" it, but the "Other" color yellow was not used at all, and for most media in the NFL the Cardinals are known as "The Big Red" (with apologies to Nebraska fans everywhere) This jersey is just a black version of the standard uniform.

IMHO as always and Comments are welcome.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I agree that it is one of their "colors" but so much more could have been done than just a black Alt. Also the Many fans in Phoenix "Love" it, but the "Other" color yellow was not used at all, and for most media in the NFL the Cardinals are known as "The Big Red" (with apologies to Nebraska fans everywhere) This jersey is just a black version of the standard uniform.

I also wished they had used more red, but dont try to throw them in with all those teams that are doing BFBS, when one of their colors actually is black.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Yellow is only present in the beak of the logo. Black has been a significant color in the Cardinals' palette since at least the early 1960s, and has been present in their various logos since the Chicago days.

Since the mid-70s, the team has listed their team colors as "Cardinal Red, Black and White".

As someone who has been a die-hard Cardinals fan since the late '60s, and has been wanting more Black in their identity just as long, I honestly love it. I don't care if it was an uneccessary uniform, or even BFBS...I'm just glad the team is acknowledging that Black is, and should be a significant color in their identity.

Remember, actual cardinal birds are Red and Black. There is no White anywhere to be found on the birds themselves.

NorthernCardinal.jpg

(There's a whole other issue about the beak color, but I won't get into that now.)

Yellow is only present in the beak of the logo. Black has been a significant color in the Cardinals' palette since at least the early 1960s, and has been present in their various logos since the Chicago days.

Since the mid-70s, the team has listed their team colors as "Cardinal Red, Black and White".

As someone who has been a die-hard Cardinals fan since the late '60s, and has been wanting more Black in their identity just as long, I honestly love it. I don't care if it was an uneccessary uniform, or even BFBS...I'm just glad the team is acknowledging that Black is, and should be a significant color in their identity.

Remember, actual cardinal birds are Red and Black. There is no White anywhere to be found on the birds themselves.

NorthernCardinal.jpg

(There's a whole other issue about the beak color, but I won't get into that now.)

On the beak, I agree. Been more a Loins fan (born in Detroit) But since I live only 2 miles from the UofP stadium. I just dont like the black jersey. I do like better inclusion of black since it is a "primary" color. Black as a primary accent (adding it to the Face mask, better accents, and usage on the jersey and pants)works for the Cards. Unlike the Lions, where it does not fit. (again IMHO)

BTW this is great converstaion. Perhaps a new thread to discuss?

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Hey, guys. I'm gonna take on the task of finishing the uniform section of the mother site. I'll need all sorts of info from you guys to get er done right, so all hands on deck!

I'm gonn try to get them done in alphabetical order, but if a previous team is inaccurate I can backtrack and finish.

Let's start with the Arizona Cardinals (1994-pres)

Are there supposed to be images in this post? I'm not seeing them if there are supposed to be.

Not yet. Just graduated from UTA on Sunday and (due to a numbnuts that rear-ended me a week and a half ago) I've had to deal with insurance adjusters and body shops since the 10th of December.

The Cardinals' black alt will be up today, though.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm calling it BFBS.

The Cards never wore a black jersey until there was a merchandising reason to do so. Which is virtually the definition of BFBS, even if they have used it in trace amounts as an accent color in the past.

If the Wisconsin Badgers suddenly trotted out in a black jersey, it would be BFBS even though the school has used black as a secondary athletic color since at least the 1940s (and even wore a few scattered black helmets in the late 1960s).

Thanks, ColorWerx. I just finished the Cardinals' black for the site (in the site's template):

mh695lq3oftmsy8w49l5telhs.gif

It look kosher? I adjusted the template and will probably re-do the Cardinals' stuff today in the updated template.

Archived