Dwayne Roloson Mask mishmatch

NJTank

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude was traded like 3 days ago

I'm not sure if that means "that's more than enough time for him to have it changed" or "give him a break, it's only been three days," but I still think it's pretty bad. I feel like that's enough time for him to have gotten a different mask, even if it was completely plain. This isn't peewee hockey, these guys can afford new equipment and have ways of getting it whenever they want. That's a uniform gaffe if I've ever seen one, even if it was intentional.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm not sure if that means "that's more than enough time for him to have it changed" or "give him a break, it's only been three days," but I still think it's pretty bad. I feel like that's enough time for him to have gotten a different mask, even if it was completely plain. This isn't peewee hockey, these guys can afford new equipment and have ways of getting it whenever they want. That's a uniform gaffe if I've ever seen one, even if it was intentional.

Hockey players.. especially goalies can be super picky about their gear and he might have not had the chance to get a white mask.

I know he has not had time to change it, I just posted it because it was a fun pic, and with his shutout he may keep it a while. Things like this are always fun.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hockey players.. especially goalies can be super picky about their gear and he might have not had the chance to get a white mask.

When it gets to the point where they are wearing equipment that blatantly features another team's logo, then they're being too picky.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

When it gets to the point where they are wearing equipment that blatantly features another team's logo, then they're being too picky.

So you'd rather have your goalie give up 5 goals wearing a plain white helmet than record a shutout wearing another team's loogo on his helmet?

6fQjS3M.png

You act as though this doesn't happen all the time in the NHL. Back in the 90's you'd be more surprised if this didn't happen and it wasn't limited to the masks either. The pads, stick, blocker and gloves would often times be a the same colour of the goalies last franchise until his new equipment was made. Im sure people on these boards remember Ed Belfour wearing his Red Blackhawks gear in a San Jose Sharks uniform after the trade.

So you'd rather have your goalie give up 5 goals wearing a plain white helmet than record a shutout wearing another team's loogo on his helmet?

Um, no. But how many times have you seen a recently traded goalie with a quick paint job (like a self-done all black spray-paint) in a situation like this? I think that's the point. Three days (and truthfully, all it would take is a few minutes from the equipment manager before the game) should be plenty of time for something like that until the new mask in Bolts colors arrives...

This isn't peewee hockey, these guys can afford new equipment and have ways of getting it whenever they want.

You do understand that new equipment still needs to be broken in, right?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This isn't peewee hockey, these guys can afford new equipment and have ways of getting it whenever they want.

You do understand that new equipment still needs to be broken in, right?

Goalies are especially particular about their equipment. Even switching to a backup mask mid-game can throw them off. If it doesn't fit right or isn't broken in it can be very distracting.

It could just be the picture, but it looks like the logo have been quickly painted over.

*Personal side note: I grew up about 20 minutes from Dwayne's hometown of Simcoe, Ontario. I met him way back when he was with the Saint John Flames, at a Ford dealership in Simcoe, along with Rob Blake and a handful of other local players. I've got his and the others autographs on an 11x17 sheet of paper with black and white photographs. Still once of the nicest guys I have ever met. Hopefully going to the NHL hasn't spoiled his attitude. I'd love to meet him again and show him the autograph.

As a goalie let me tell you that equipment is "senstive" subject. The position tends to draw in the kind of people are are overly particular about such things.

Also it takes more then three days to get a new mask custom painted. On top of that the new mask, once he gets it, still needs to be broken in.

This isn't all that unusual in the NHL actually. A variation of the theme sees a traded goalie still playing in pads coloured to match his old team. That one's due to new pads taking a while to break in.

EDIT- DelayedPenalty beat me to it.

You act as though this doesn't happen all the time in the NHL. Back in the 90's you'd be more surprised if this didn't happen and it wasn't limited to the masks either. The pads, stick, blocker and gloves would often times be a the same colour of the goalies last franchise until his new equipment was made. Im sure people on these boards remember Ed Belfour wearing his Red Blackhawks gear in a San Jose Sharks uniform after the trade.

384367.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C9486F8FF400007D838D5284831B75F48EF45

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

384367.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C9486F8FF400007D838D5284831B75F48EF45

Good find! IF anybody has any other pictures of goalies with mismatched equipment from their previous team, please post!

Archived