2011 MLB Predictions

AnythingChicago

I could care less about whatever contest is going on, I just want to make my picks.

AL East

1. Boston

2. New York Yankees (Wild Card)

3. Baltimore (If either Boston or the Yanks struggle, then watch out. The O's may shock a few people)

4. Tampa Bay

5. Toronto

AL Central

1. Minnesota

2. Chicago White Sox

3. Kansas City

4. Detroit

5. Cleveland

AL West

1. Texas

2. Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim)

3. Oakland

4. Seattle (Pop Quiz: Can anyone name any player on the M's outside of King Felix and Ichiro? I know I can't)

NL East

1. Philadelphia

2. Atlanta

3. New York Mets

4. Florida

5. Washington

NL Central

1. Cincinnati

2. St. Louis

3. Milwaukee

4. Chicago Cubs

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh (Three things are certain: Death, Taxes and the Pirates having a losing season)

NL West

1. San Francisco

2. Colorado (Wild Card)

3. Los Angeles

4. San Diego

5. Arizona

AL Playoffs

ALDS: Boston def. Texas, Minnesota def. New York

ALCS: Minnesota def. Boston

NL Playoffs

NLDS: Cincinnati def. San Francisco, Philadelphia def. Colorado

NLCS: Cincinnati def. Philadelphia

World Series: Minnesota def. Cincinnati in 7 Games

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Predictions, don't really care if they count, this is for fun. It's not like 1 out of 162 will really count.

AL East(Going to be fun to watch)

Boston

NY Yankees

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Toronto

AL Central

Detroit

White Sox*

Minnesota

Cleveland

Kansas City

AL West

Texas

Angels

Oakland

Seattle

NL East

Atlanta

Philadelphia*

Florida

NY Mets

Washington

NL Central

Chicago Cubs

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

Houston

Pittsburgh

NL West

San Francisco

Colorado

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

Playoffs

Detroit defeats Texas

Boston over Chicago

Detroit over Boston

San Francisco over Philadelphia

Atlanta defeats Chicago

Atlanta defeats San Francisco

Detroit over Atlanta in 7

I'll revamp my predictions after ST.

AL East

1. Boston

2. NY Yankees*

3. Toronto

4. Tampa Bay

5. Baltimore

This division will be very competitive with all 5 teams for the first time since Tampa came aboard.

AL Central

1. Minnesota

2. Chicago White Sox

3. Detroit

4. Cleveland

5. Kansas City

Minny, CHISOX and Detroit will battle for this division down to the wire. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 1 game playoff.

AL West

1. Oakland

2. Texas

3. LA Angels

4. Seattle

The youth movement in Oakland will continue to blossom as they will battle with the Rangers and Angels down to the wire for the Division.

NL East

1. Atlanta

2. Philadelphia

3. Florida

4. NY Mets

5. Washington

Good battle throughout the Summer and in to the Fall but the Braves get the last laugh.

NL Central

1. Cincinnati

2. St Louis*

3. Chicago Cubs

4. Milwaukee

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh

Cincy and St Louis will battle all year but Votto and the boys get it in the end.

NL West

1. Colorado

2. San Francisco

3. San Diego

4. LA Dodgers

5. Arizona

Very competitive division everyone but the DBacks should be able to contend.

Playoffs

AL Divisional Series

Boston over Oakland in 4

Minnesota over NY Yankees in 5

ALCS

Minnesota over Boston in 7

NL Divisional Series

St Louis over Atlanta in 5

Cincinnati over Colorado in 5

NLCS

St Louis over Cincinnati in 6

World Series

Minnesota over St Louis in 6

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I could care less about whatever contest is going on, I just want to make my picks.

My Predictions, don't really care if they count, this is for fun. It's not like 1 out of 162 will really count.

Careful boys. Someone is going to "lay down the law."

BB52Big.jpg

Careful boys. Someone is going to "lay down the law."

what no handcuffs?

I'm just trying to have a fair competition, kind of like Dilbert's NFL Weekly Pick'em thing. Laying down a little bit of law is all, it's not like I have a certain template and team names must be bold in team colour and what not. If they don't want to score their predictions, so be it. And I could care less about "fitting in". I bet only 20-30% of well known members around here know me, and I like it that way.

Ah, I get it now. We make a predictions now, wait six months, and find out how we did in November. Sounds good. Since there's a decent chance we'll have some ties, have you come up with any tie breakers? I'd be happy to help with those if you want.

Also, now that I understand the concept, I really admire your efforts to "lay down the law." You'll find that it's a very effective way of getting people to do what you want here. It's been my experience that a disciplined thread is usually a good thread. Even though you aren't concerned with it, I think your approach to this thread will not only help you fit in, I'd even go so far as to say that you'll be among the "well known members" before you know it. Well done.

Thank you. :)

Oh, and I would appreciate some help with tiebreakers. Any time between now and the all star break (when the first points will be applied) would work if you're up to it.

And I have decided that as long as you count your own points and get your predictions in before we're well into the season, you're predictions will count as long as you count your own points. I'm not trying to be a prediction Nazi, but I'm not going to be too passive, either.

25yzwqg.png

I'm just trying to have a fair competition, kind of like Dilbert's NFL Weekly Pick'em thing. Laying down a little bit of law is all, it's not like I have a certain template and team names must be bold in team colour and what not. If they don't want to score their predictions, so be it. And I could care less about "fitting in". I bet only 20-30% of well known members around here know me, and I like it that way.

Ah, I get it now. We make a predictions now, wait six months, and find out how we did in November. Sounds good. Since there's a decent chance we'll have some ties, have you come up with any tie breakers? I'd be happy to help with those if you want.

Also, now that I understand the concept, I really admire your efforts to "lay down the law." You'll find that it's a very effective way of getting people to do what you want here. It's been my experience that a disciplined thread is usually a good thread. Even though you aren't concerned with it, I think your approach to this thread will not only help you fit in, I'd even go so far as to say that you'll be among the "well known members" before you know it. Well done.

Thank you. :)

No problem. As anyone who knows me here will tell you, I'm all about making sure threads don't get out of hand.

BB52Big.jpg

And I have decided that as long as you count your own points and get your predictions in before we're well into the season, you're predictions will count as long as you count your own points. I'm not trying to be a prediction Nazi, but I'm not going to be too passive, either.

It's funny to see him still try to be a tight-ass about a contest that everyone will forget about.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's funny to see him still try to be a tight-ass about a contest that everyone will forget about.

That was a step toward anti-tightassism. I'm allowing people more time to put in their predictions. What, did you see the bold print and just assume I was being unreasonable without even reading it? You just have to squeeze an insult in there, don't you?

25yzwqg.png

If he doesn't keep "laying down the law", we aren't going to take this thing seriously. It's like I told him already, the best way to maintain order in a thread around here is by being a strict disciplinarian. Otherwise, people will just start goofing around. This is a serious prediction thread and we should all treat it as such. With the proper respect and discipline, I have no doubt that this thread will be every bit as good as the stadium/arena renovation thread was.

BB52Big.jpg

If he doesn't keep "laying down the law", we aren't going to take this thing seriously. It's like I told him already, the best way to maintain order in a thread around here is by being a strict disciplinarian. Otherwise, people will just start goofing around. This is a serious prediction thread and we should all treat it as such. With the proper respect and discipline, I have no doubt that this thread will be every bit as good as the stadium/arena renovation thread was.

Is that a good thing? :grin:

25yzwqg.png

Is that a good thing? :grin:

We'll see. You have to just let it play out.

BB52Big.jpg

NL West

1. Colorado

2. San Francisco

3. San Diego

4. LA Dodgers

5. Arizona

I've never heard of anyone saying that a team predicted to finish last in the division "should be able to contend"......

NL West

1. Colorado

2. San Francisco

3. San Diego

4. LA Dodgers

5. Arizona

I've never heard of anyone saying that a team predicted to finish last in the division "should be able to contend"......

What I'm saying is everyone that isn't the Diamondbacks could very well win the division.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Since I missed the deadline for 2011 picks, and I'll likely forget to get my picks for next season in on time as well, and I'll probably be too busy with other things in life to register picks for the five seasons after that, I've decided to pre-register my predictions for 2018. Thanks for understanding, and not being a tight ass.

As we all know, the Rays and Royals were contracted, and the 'offs were expanded to include all but one club, making the races exciting right up until the end.

NL East

1. Miami Marlins

2. Washington Nationals*

3. Philadelphia Phillies*

4. Atlanta Braves*

5. New York Mets

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

2. Carolina Pirates* (half of the residents of Pittsburgh eventually move to the Carolinas, so the team decided to do so as well.)

3. Houston Astros*

4. Groupon Cubs* (Mark Cuban eventually decided to purchase the team, and convinced MLB to allow him to sell the naming rights, ushering in a new era of uniform sponsorships.)

5. The Cardinals* (after finally putting "St. Louis" on the road jerseys in 2014, sales and attendance plummeted due to butthurt fans feeling that the team wasn't theirs anymore and was only for people from St. Louis. Ownership had no choice but to come up with a new region to market the team to, and eventually decided that no region was wide-spread enough to encompass the "greatest fans in baseball", so they decided on an "infinite" region and re-branded as simply "The Cardinals".

6. Milwaukee Brewers*

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

2. San Fransisco Giants*

3. Winnipeg Jets* (the bickering over the NHL Coyotes is still going on, and TruNorth pretty much said "F it - we're taking at least one of the AZ teams" and purchased the near-bankrupt DBacks and moved them to the 'Peg, where they play in the smallest stadium in MLB, both in capacity and dimensions - the MTS Centre.

4. San Diego Padres* (BTW - what is with this team changing uniforms and identities again! What's this - 4 times in 5 seasons?)

5. Colorado Rockies*

AL East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox*

AL Central

1. Toronto Black Jays

2. Baltimore Orioles*

3. Minnesota Twins presented by Target* (The Twins' were the first team to attempt to sell the naming rights, attempt at selling the naming rights was blocked, so this was the compromise.

4. Chicago White Sox*

5. Detroit Tigers*

6. Cleveland Natives*

AL West

1. Vancouver Athletics

2. Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles* (after it became legally possible to drop Anaheim from the name, Arte Moreno decided to stick it to them by doubling the Los Angeles references.)

3. Austin Express* (Nolan Ryan finally realizes that it just isn't working, so he moves the team to Austin and names them after himself.)

4. Seattle Mariners*

NL Playoffs:

Round 1

MIL over ATL

Phi over WAS

CAR over TheC

Group over HOU

COL over SF

WPG over SF

Round2

MIA over HOU

CIN over COL

LA (1st rd bye) over Group

WPG over PHI

Round 3

LA over CIN

WPG over Miami

NLCS

WPG over LA Dodgers

AL Playoffs

Round 1

BAL over SEA

MIN over DET

AUS over Chi

LAALA over CLE

Round 2

NYY (1st rd bye) over BAL

TOR (1st rd bye) over MIN

AUS over VAN (1st rd bye)

LAALA over BOS (1st rd bye)

Round 3

NYY over LAALA

TOR over AUS

ALCS NYY over TOR

World Series

Winnipeg Jets over New York Yankees

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As we all know, the Rays and Royals were contracted

It still ranks as one of Selig's dumbest moves, considering they won the 2015 World Series.

Which is why, after realizing how good the team was when they purchased them after 2014 to pave the way for the contraction, MLB tried its dammdest to avoid the embarrassment by trying to ensure that the team wouldn't win. Despite having umpires work like WWF officials and look the other way when the opposing teams fielded 12 and sometimes 13 fielders, having Eric Hosmer suspended for the season because "while he hasn't done anything yet, he certainly will", and scheduling all 194 games on the road, MLB just couldn't stop that scrappy bunch from pulling together and winning it all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since I missed the deadline for 2011 picks, and I'll likely forget to get my picks for next season in on time as well, and I'll probably be too busy with other things in life to register picks for the five seasons after that, I've decided to pre-register my predictions for 2018. Thanks for understanding, and not being a tight ass.

As we all know, the Rays and Royals were contracted, and the 'offs were expanded to include all but one club, making the races exciting right up until the end.

NL East

1. Miami Marlins

2. Washington Nationals*

3. Philadelphia Phillies*

4. Atlanta Braves*

5. New York Mets

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

2. Carolina Pirates* (half of the residents of Pittsburgh eventually move to the Carolinas, so the team decided to do so as well.)

3. Houston Astros*

4. Groupon Cubs* (Mark Cuban eventually decided to purchase the team, and convinced MLB to allow him to sell the naming rights, ushering in a new era of uniform sponsorships.)

5. The Cardinals* (after finally putting "St. Louis" on the road jerseys in 2014, sales and attendance plummeted due to butthurt fans feeling that the team wasn't theirs anymore and was only for people from St. Louis. Ownership had no choice but to come up with a new region to market the team to, and eventually decided that no region was wide-spread enough to encompass the "greatest fans in baseball", so they decided on an "infinite" region and re-branded as simply "The Cardinals".

6. Milwaukee Brewers*

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

2. San Fransisco Giants*

3. Winnipeg Jets* (the bickering over the NHL Coyotes is still going on, and TruNorth pretty much said "F it - we're taking at least one of the AZ teams" and purchased the near-bankrupt DBacks and moved them to the 'Peg, where they play in the smallest stadium in MLB, both in capacity and dimensions - the MTS Centre.

4. San Diego Padres* (BTW - what is with this team changing uniforms and identities again! What's this - 4 times in 5 seasons?)

5. Colorado Rockies*

AL East

1. New York Yankees

2. Boston Red Sox*

AL Central

1. Toronto Black Jays

2. Baltimore Orioles*

3. Minnesota Twins presented by Target* (The Twins' were the first team to attempt to sell the naming rights, attempt at selling the naming rights was blocked, so this was the compromise.

4. Chicago White Sox*

5. Detroit Tigers*

6. Cleveland Natives*

AL West

1. Vancouver Athletics

2. Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles* (after it became legally possible to drop Anaheim from the name, Arte Moreno decided to stick it to them by doubling the Los Angeles references.)

3. Austin Express* (Nolan Ryan finally realizes that it just isn't working, so he moves the team to Austin and names them after himself.)

4. Seattle Mariners*

NL Playoffs:

Round 1

MIL over ATL

Phi over WAS

CAR over TheC

Group over HOU

COL over SF

WPG over SF

Round2

MIA over HOU

CIN over COL

LA (1st rd bye) over Group

WPG over PHI

Round 3

LA over CIN

WPG over Miami

NLCS

WPG over LA Dodgers

AL Playoffs

Round 1

BAL over SEA

MIN over DET

AUS over Chi

LAALA over CLE

Round 2

NYY (1st rd bye) over BAL

TOR (1st rd bye) over MIN

AUS over VAN (1st rd bye)

LAALA over BOS (1st rd bye)

Round 3

NYY over LAALA

TOR over AUS

ALCS NYY over TOR

World Series

Winnipeg Jets over New York Yankees

Thanks you for your contribution. Of course these picks will count, because the 2018 pick deadline isn't until January 1, 2018 at noon because, as we are all well aware, the Nunavut Invitational starts on New Years Day to compete with the college football bowl games (starting in 2017).

But there's no way in hell Los Angeles of Los Angeles will lose to New York. Derek Jeter is 43 years old! :rolleyes:

25yzwqg.png

Archived