2011 MLB Predictions

AnythingChicago

The Phillies rotation is rather suspect... I mean one of their starting 5 hasn't even won a Cy Young or a LCS or WS MVP.

Oh Joe Blanton... how I hope you choke on your next cheesesteak.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLBPredictions20111.jpgMLBPredictions20112.jpg

Let's just say you'll either come in dead last...or win the whole thing. And are you sure that the Nats rotation stacks up better than Philly? :wacko:

My Phillies prediction is the hardest one for me to defend (well, with the exception of the Washington prediction, I guess). I just keep suspecting that one or two of the Philly starters will get hurt. I definitely don't want that to happen, but I just have a feeling that "Murphy's Law" might afflict the Phils this season.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Let's just say you'll either come in dead last...or win the whole thing. And are you sure that the Nats rotation stacks up better than Philly? :wacko:

My Phillies prediction is the hardest one for me to defend (well, with the exception of the Washington prediction, I guess). I just keep suspecting that one or two of the Philly starters will get hurt. I definitely don't want that to happen, but I just have a feeling that "Murphy's Law" might afflict the Phils this season.

Even as a Phillies fan, I certainly would worry a little about how well all four can do. Some of the predictions earlier with them winning 110 or more games is too much. HOWEVER, if the Phillies don't win the division, it certainly won't be the Nationals doing it.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Dude, I as a Cardinals fan, I appreciate your optimism, but I unfortunately don't see it playing out like this. Yes they do have a chance to win the division, but it'd be more with a total of around 90 wins or so. And the Nationals winning the East? Highly unlikely. They made some decent moves, but they're still more at a middle of the division level at the moment. Might I remind you, Stasburg is out for awhile. Seems like he might actually pitch this year, but it's gonna be awile before he's back. It's gonna come down to the Phillies and the Braves in that division.

Dude, I as a Cardinals fan, I appreciate your optimism, but I unfortunately don't see it playing out like this. Yes they do have a chance to win the division, but it'd be more with a total of around 90 wins or so. And the Nationals winning the East? Highly unlikely. They made some decent moves, but they're still more at a middle of the division level at the moment. Might I remind you, Stasburg is out for awhile. Seems like he might actually pitch this year, but it's gonna be awile before he's back. It's gonna come down to the Phillies and the Braves in that division.

Hey, that's why they're predictions. You don't have to be right.

25yzwqg.png

No, but you have to at least be logical with your predictions. The Nationals winning the NL East by 4 games over the Phillies for the 2011 Season is downright laughable. As a Nats fan, with the projected starting rotation towards bottom of the league, there's no way that the Nats will win the division.

No, but you have to at least be logical with your predictions. The Nationals winning the NL East by 4 games over the Phillies for the 2011 Season is downright laughable. As a Nats fan, with the projected starting rotation towards bottom of the league, there's no way that the Nats will win the division.

Yeah, I guess. But no one's going to stop him. He's free to post whatever he wants, even if he says the Indians will win 160 games and that the Red Sox will only win 3.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah, I guess. But no one's going to stop him. He's free to post whatever he wants, even if he says the Indians will win 160 games and that the Red Sox will only win 3.

Hey! Don't spoil my dreams! :P

6fQjS3M.png

...But there's no established logic when it comes to predictions. It's just everyone stating what they believe will happen. What's laughable to you, might be believable to the next guy.

Prior to the start of the 2010 MLB Season, 36 members of ESPN's MLB staff (the supposed "Worldwide Leader in Sports") posted their 2010 MLB predictions, kind of like what people are doing here.

How many of them predicted the Giants would make it to the World Series? ONE out of 36.

How many of the predicted the Rangers would make it to the World Series? ZERO out of 36.

If you went into a meeting with all those guys and said you thought the World Series would be Rangers versus Giants, I bet a lot of those supposed experts would have found that "laughable," too.

It's a long season and you really have to be keep an open mind, especially this early before spring training has even begun.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

...But there's no established logic when it comes to predictions. It's just everyone stating what they believe will happen. What's laughable to you, might be believable to the next guy.

Prior to the start of the 2010 MLB Season, 36 members of ESPN's MLB staff (the supposed "Worldwide Leader in Sports") posted their 2010 MLB predictions, kind of like what people are doing here.

How many of them predicted the Giants would make it to the World Series? ONE out of 36.

How many of the predicted the Rangers would make it to the World Series? ZERO out of 36.

If you went into a meeting with all those guys and said you thought the World Series would be Rangers versus Giants, I bet a lot of those supposed experts would have found that "laughable," too.

It's a long season and you really have to be keep an open mind, especially this early before spring training has even begun.

I am optimistic. However, when comparing the projected starting rotation of Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, Hamels, and John Doe for the Phillies to the projected starting rotation of Strasburg(out until 2012), Hernandez, Zimmermann (if/when healthy), Lannan, Marquis, and Gorzelanny for the Nationals, it may be a long season for Nats fans, especially when the Phillies have "home games" against the Nats in DC.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll thrown down:

AL East:

1. Boston*

2. New York

3. Tampa Bay

4. Baltimore

5. Toronto

AL Central:

1. Detroit

2. Minnesota#

3. Chicago

4. Cleveland

5. Kansas City

AL West:

1. Oakland

2. Texas

3. Los Angeles of Anaheim

4. Seattle

NL East:

1. Atlanta

2. Philadelphia#

3. Washington

4. Florida

5. New York

NL Central:

1. St. Louis*

2. Milwaukee

3. Cincinnati

4. Chicago

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh

NL West:

1. San Francisco

2. Colorado

3. Los Angeles

4. Arizona

5. San Diego

* Denotes Top Team in each League

# Denotes Wild Card Winner

Division Series:

Boston over Minnesota in 4

Oakland over Detroit in 5

St. Louis over Philadelphia in 5

Atlanta over San Francisco in 4

League Championship Series:

Oakland over Boston in 6

St. Louis over Atlanta in 7

World Series:

St. Louis over Oakland in 5

2011 MLB Season

American League

Western Division

1. Oakland Athletics

2. Texas Rangers

3. Los Angeles Angels

4. Seattle Mariners

Central Division

1. Minnesota Twins

2. Detroit Tigers

3. Chicago White Sox

4. Cleveland Indians

5. Kansas City Royals

Eastern Division

1. Boston Red Sox

2. New York Yankees

3. Toronto Blue Jays

4. Tampa Bay Rays

5. Baltimore Orioles

National League

Western Division

1. San Francisco Giants

2. Colorado Rockies

3. Los Angeles Dodgers

4. Arizona Diamondbacks

5. San Diego Padres

Central Division

1. Milwaukee Brewers

2. Cincinnati Reds

3. St. Louis Cardinals

4. Chicago Cubs

5. Houston Astros

6. Pittsburgh Pirates

Eastern Division

1. Philadelphia Phillies

2. Atlanta Braves

3. Miami Marlins

4. New York Mets

5. Washington Nationals

Playoffs

American League Division Series

Boston Red Sex def. Oakland Athletics in 4

New York Yankees def. Minnesota Twins in 4

American League Championship Series

Boston Red Sox def. New York Yankees in 6

National League Division Series

Philadelphia Phillies def. Colorado Rockies in 3

San Francisco Giants def. Milwaukee Brewers in 5

National League Championship Series

Philadelphia Phillies def. San Francisco Giants in 7

World Series

Boston Red Sox def. Philadelphia Phillies in 7

Most Valuable Player: American League - Adrian Gonzalez (Boston Red Sox)

Most Valuable Player: National League - Albert Pujols (St. Louis Cardinals)

Cy Young: American League - Justin Verlander (Detroit Tigers)

Cy Young: National League - Zack Greinke (Milwaukee Brewers)

Rookie of the Year: American League - Desmond Jennings (Tampa Bay Rays)

Rookie of the Year: National League - Bryce Harper (Washington Nationals)

Manager of the Year: American League - Ron Gardenhire (Minnesota Twins)

Manager of the Year: National League - Ron Roenicke (Milwaukee Brewers)

American League Championship Series - Most Valuable Player: Dustin Pedroia (Boston Red Sox)

National League Championship Series - Most Valuable Player: Cliff Lee (Philadelphia Phillies)

World Series - Most Valuable Player: Carl Crawford (Boston Red Sox)

AL East:

1. Boston*

2. New York

3. Tampa Bay

4. Baltimore

5. Toronto

AL Central:

1. Kansas City

2. Minnesota

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

5. Cleveland

AL West:

1. Oakland

2. Seattle#

4. Oakland

NL East:

1. Philadelphia

2. Atlanta

3. New York

4. Florida

5. Washington

NL Central:

1. St. Louis*

2. Chicago#

3. Cincinnati

4. Milwaukee

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh

NL West:

1. San Francisco

2. Colorado

3. Los Angeles

4. Arizona

5. San Diego

Division Series:

Kansas City over Seattle in 4

Oakland over Boston in 5

Chicago over San Francisco in 4

Oakland over Kansas City in 6

Chicago over St.Louis in 7

World Series:

Chicago over Oakland in 7

AL East:

1. Boston*

2. New York

3. Tampa Bay

4. Baltimore

5. Toronto

AL Central:

1. Kansas City

2. Minnesota

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

5. Cleveland

AL West:

1. Oakland

2. Seattle#

4. Oakland

NL East:

1. Philadelphia

2. Atlanta

3. New York

4. Florida

5. Washington

NL Central:

1. St. Louis*

2. Chicago#

3. Cincinnati

4. Milwaukee

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh

NL West:

1. San Francisco

2. Colorado

3. Los Angeles

4. Arizona

5. San Diego

Division Series:

Kansas City over Seattle in 4

Oakland over Boston in 5

Chicago over San Francisco in 4

Oakland over Kansas City in 6

Chicago over St.Louis in 7

World Series:

Chicago over Oakland in 7

Did Texas relocate to Oakland without anybody noticing? Wow. Guess everyone really misjudged the stadium situation there.

Kansas City? Seattle? Cubs winning the WS? C'mon. You were just having fun with some of these picks... right?

AL EAST

Boston

New York (WC)

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Toronto

AL CENTRAL

Chicago

Detroit

Minnesota

Kansas City

Cleveland