College Football Series

bigmike

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Mau on Clemson. It has a real throwback feel, and I really like it. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the outline on the C on the pants to match the wordmark and paw.

Louisville looks really good too. I like the mixture of the throwback Northwestern stripes and the modern number font, which looks amazing by the way

Clemson: I like Clemson a lot. The collar and cuffs and the white pants actually have purple on the now really take it up a notch from what they wear currently.

Louisville: My 2nd favorite team. I love the new number font. However, I would put THE VILLE back on the black jersey. Great look for the cards though.

Untitled.png

Alright so I had planned to do Nebraska and Wisconsin together but I've already got Notre Dame done, and I decided I'll post them with Wisconsin so I can hear some thoughts while I finish Nebraska.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Okay so after hearing suggestions, I decided to just eliminate navy since it clashed with the green too much. I think these uniforms are strong enough on their own anyways, its pretty much a modernization of their new throwback uniforms.

Home and Away Uniforms

NotreDameAlternateUniforms-1.png

Wisconsin Badgers

Wisconsin needs to be separated from Nebraska, especially since they are both in the same conference now. I was really happy with the way I separated them in my Top 25 thread, but I decided to change it up a little bit. The biggest thing was switching to the Techfit for Wisconsin, I used the old Adidas template on my last one but came up with some wrap around piping on the shoulders. The piping is the same on this concept but it doesn't wrap around the sleeves anymore. I like how it turned out on this template and I think it looks a lot better.

Home and Away

WisconsinHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

For Notre Dame I feel like you have two distinct looks going on. I would pick either the top row or the bottom row and stick with it. (Although if you pick the top you'd have to include the green alt.)

I would get rid of the ND in the shamrock on the helmet. I like the simplicity of just the shamrock on the throwback for this year. Also, the ND in the shamrock is usually gold, and I think that would look better. I'm not completely sold on the green in the shoulder stripes, but I think it could work.

Lastly, I would put ND on the Techfit template since they've already converted.

Sorry to be so critical, but you're always more critical when it's your team happy.gif.

Oh yeah, and I really like Wisconsin. Love the design and number font.

Alright I took away the navy uniforms for Notre Dame, I feel like I tried forcing it just because navy is a part of their tradition but I personally like the green/gold look for the Irish better. Anyways I finished Nebraska as well as Oregon State today.

Nebraska Cornhuskers

I love Nebraska's current uniforms, but I think it could use some tweaks. Went back to Scarlet and White for this concept instead of Cream. I used the Roundslab font again which they used on their throwback uniforms a couple years ago, and added numbers on the shoulders. The tradition patch's N matches the N I used for the helmet and the stripes on the helmet match the pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

NebraskaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Oregon State Beavers

This is another one where I just updated my last concept. I tried making this concept a little more simple and streamlined then the last one. The number font and NOB font is supposed to match the font used for the OS logo as well.

Home and Away Uniforms

OregonStateBeaversUniforms1.png

Alternate Uniforms

OregonStateBeaversAlternateUniforms1.png

Alright so give me some feedback, I'm probably going to look at some WAC teams since I haven't done any yet and maybe look into doing another Sun Belt team.

Nebraska is great concept. I love that font for them.

Go back to the number font you used in the top 25 series. This number font looks weird....I dont know.

Also, ND looks way better. But you could bring blue back. Just don't try and incorporate green with the navy.

Untitled.png

And Somppi, you are right, despite the fact I hate Auburn, I've really grown to love that logo, my high school uses it in our colors (black and gold). Auburn actually threatened to sue last year so we can't use it on the field anymore or anything like that but its still on our basketball uniforms. The funny thing is that we are the Bearcats not the Tigers, and our biggest rival is nicknamed the Tigers and they copy Alabama's logos and football uniforms.

haha just saw this, I went to Auburn High School last year, and our high school used that logo for football, Oakland A's "A" logo for everything, Mizzou's logo for wresting, Atlanta Braves "A" for baseball, and My avatar for basketball... we are a hot mess waiting to get sued hahahaha. But if you guys are the bearcats, I'm surprised you don't use the logo that Cinci Bearcats use that is very similar to ours (just picture this inside of an oval, I can't find a picture that has it in an oval but I remember seeing a concept on here with it) http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/cinn/genrel/auto_original/1062881.jpeg

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Roundslab looks great for the Nebraska numbers, but I don't really like it for the jersey names. Maybe a simple san-serif or block font?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Thank god you changed the Oregon State uniforms. Your last concept looked way to much like the sports bra uniforms they used to wear. Nebraska is fine, but change to font of the OS uniforms. Try making the stripes on the jersey more consistent. The front stipe is much farther down than the back stripe, making look really weird. Maybe you could give them a nice yolk effect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Notre Dame update looks great. I like the green and gold look.

Nebraska is great. The number font looks awesome, and the matching stripes is a big improvement.

Oregon state looks good, nothing special. I would keep their current helmet logo though, just because it's unique.

Nebraska is great concept. I love that font for them.

Go back to the number font you used in the top 25 series. This number font looks weird....I dont know.

Also, ND looks way better. But you could bring blue back. Just don't try and incorporate green with the navy.

Thank god you changed the Oregon State uniforms. Your last concept looked way to much like the sports bra uniforms they used to wear. Nebraska is fine, but change to font of the OS uniforms. Try making the stripes on the jersey more consistent. The front stipe is much farther down than the back stripe, making look really weird. Maybe you could give them a nice yolk effect.

I went back and changed the inside of the 8 some to try and make it seem less squished but its almost a exact copy of the font they use, I may go back and work with some different numbers and see if they look better, but I like how the font matches.

As for the jersey's back stripe, I agree that it seems too high up but thats just the cut of the jersey, I may just eliminate it completely and keep the collarbone stripe. I tried a yolk before and didn't really like how it looked with their colors.

haha just saw this, I went to Auburn High School last year, and our high school used that logo for football, Oakland A's "A" logo for everything, Mizzou's logo for wresting, Atlanta Braves "A" for baseball, and My avatar for basketball... we are a hot mess waiting to get sued hahahaha. But if you guys are the bearcats, I'm surprised you don't use the logo that Cinci Bearcats use that is very similar to ours (just picture this inside of an oval, I can't find a picture that has it in an oval but I remember seeing a concept on here with it) http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/cinn/genrel/auto_original/1062881.jpeg

Thats pretty crazy yall use so many lol, Auburn didn't even know we used the "eyes" logo until they came to our school to talk to a recruit. But yeah I've never really understood why we don't use Cincinnati's logos since we are Cullman, I mean even the C pawprint logo makes since.

Roundslab looks great for the Nebraska numbers, but I don't really like it for the jersey names. Maybe a simple san-serif or block font?

Yeah I'll probably go back and try and make the NOB match the N logo, the roundslab is too rounded to match the N.

Notre Dame update looks great. I like the green and gold look.

Nebraska is great. The number font looks awesome, and the matching stripes is a big improvement.

Oregon state looks good, nothing special. I would keep their current helmet logo though, just because it's unique.

Thanks, I would have moved Notre Dame to the tech fit, but I don't like how shoulder stripes look on it, I may try and modify it so that shoulder stripes would look better on it.

Okay so its been a while since I've posted a concept, I've been working on a couple teams though just been busy with other stuff and with all the other college football concepts going around I figured I'd take a break for a while. Anyways I've updated Oregon State, took the striping off of the back. I have 4 new teams done but I decided I would just post these 2 for now.

Georgia Bulldogs V.2

I'll keep Georgia V.1 up for awhile, its on the second page I think. For it I used a three stripe pattern on the sleeves, and I made a pro combat uniform with the dog collar. I don't think I've ever been satisfied with it though, just didn't really seem like Georgia to me so I went back and made some tweaks. Now the red, white, and black uniforms all have a Red/White/Black striping pattern taken from the pants stripe. It's used on the helmet and pants as well and thats pretty much it.

Home and Away Uniforms

GeorgiaHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniforms

AlternateUniform.png

Next up is the first WAC team

Fresno State Bulldogs

For Fresno I didn't know exactly what to do but I decided to take inspiration from the mascot. So that means the spiked collar is used on this concept. I think it works a lot better for a team like Fresno just because they aren't as traditional as a SEC school like Georgia. I tweaked the logo a little bit, instead of the block F being used on the sleeve I used the FS baseball logo. The uniforms match the logo, even with the V logo on the collar, the pants would be interchangeable.

Home and Away Uniforms

FresnoStateHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Next up will be Florida State and Nevada.

Haha Small world. Thats where my O-Line coach is from

I could see everyone of your concepts being used by these schools, these are all fantastic. I really look forward to see more.

And Glenn haha you don't say, that's pretty crazy. Maybe I'll know of him, what's his name?

PS- Bigmike, do you use photoshop? If so I would love for you to send me your template. Just PM me about it, thanks.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Been there, done that...

Maybe it's just the overload of college football concepts, but these just seem "ok" they are good, nothing wrong with them, but there's nothing exciting about them either.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived