New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Pretty sure bright colors do represent Miami, unless there's some other Miami I don't know about that looks like Buffalo.

There is, but I don't think the Marlins are claiming that as part of their market.

Bright colors are fine for Miami. As true now as it was in 1993.

p-482090-benito-santiago-autographed-hand-signed-florida-marlins-1993-program-hc-1m2mse4iwv.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flambouyant colors do not represent Miami or Florida.

I like "flambouyant" as one of the best accidental portmanteaus we've had here. I guess that's how you'd describe a really fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt.

Pretty sure bright colors do represent Miami, unless there's some other Miami I don't know about that looks like Buffalo.

Bright and flambouyant are two different things. Yes, bright colors do represent that region and this is why the Dolphins, Bucco Bruce, and the original Marlins colors worked so well.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Like I siad, they may be a product of 90's trend, but that is when they were born and that's the colors they should present. The Grizzles and Sharks never truly embraced it quite like the Hornets and Marlins did.

The Sharks didn't?

72326317_display_image.jpg?1301985680

I suppose, but IMO, teal and ice hockey just don't mesh well. It wasn't ugly, but I think no other teams compared to the Hornets and Marlins when using teal.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I like "flambouyant" as one of the best accidental portmanteaus we've had here. I guess that's how you'd describe a really fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt.

immersive.jpg

coach+reid_probowl_2004.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

200906041431163.jpg

I see orange, blue, yellow, even black. The Marlins new colors are good by me.

Sure, if the team was the Ocean Drive Marlins. One street does not represent a city. That picture is the token image of South Beach. That is no different than picturing a guy with a mullet when someone says "Canadian". I'm all for bright colors, but I very against much a professional team wearing questionable colors. There's so much the franchise could do with a team name like Marlins and have it look flat out amazing. Going with the corporate timeshare company logo route is just bad....very bad.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

200906041431163.jpg

Sure, if the team was the Ocean Drive Marlins. One street does not represent a city. That picture is the token image of South Beach. That is no different than picturing a guy with a mullet when someone says "Canadian".

miami-florida.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

One street does not represent a city.

Which is why you'll often see tourism bureaus try to downplay the significance of Broadway, Wall Street, the Champs-Elysees, Michigan Avenue, and wait what

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One street does not represent a city.

Which is why you'll often see tourism bureaus try to downplay the significance of Broadway, Wall Street, the Champs-Elysees, Michigan Avenue, and wait what

We can agree to disagree about a flamboyant professional baseball team, but I've actually lived in that area twice and these new leaked colors aren't "Miami"....period.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I suppose, but IMO, teal and ice hockey just don't mesh well. It wasn't ugly, but I think no other teams compared to the Hornets and Marlins when using teal.

What are you talking about? The Sharks original, second and current jerseys are likely the best adaptation of teal in all of major sports. It would be a tragedy if they used anything else for their primary.

I have chosen a spot on Google Maps Street View at complete freaking random, as evidenced by the fact that I clearly haven't had a lot of time since my last post to go around e-throwing e-darts at an e-map.

http://maps.google.c...2,76.15,,0,4.07

Even in this slum, behold! Bright colors! I spot light blue, some pink, sort of a melon color here and there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What are you talking about? The Sharks original, second and current jerseys are likely the best adaptation of teal in all of major sports. It would be a tragedy if they used anything else for their primary.

Like I said, it isn't ugly. I'm just not a fan of it in hockey. That's all.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I have chosen a spot on Google Maps Street View at complete freaking random, as evidenced by the fact that I clearly haven't had a lot of time since my last post to go around e-throwing e-darts at an e-map.

Even in this slum, behold! Bright colors! I spot light blue, some pink, sort of a melon color here and there.

Dude, you're not from Cleve.....Miami. You just wouldn't understand.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's TONS of pink in southern FL as well, but that doesn't mean we need a pink MLB, NBA, or NFL team. You're missing my point, but oh well.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Dude, you're not from Cleve.....Miami. You just wouldn't understand.

I guess the Columbus Blue Jackets should start using these colors too then.

Columbus_Ohio_col12_large.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I've been a diehard for years and all I rock is my fashion caps. teal is gross.

Yes, teal is very "90's". But that being said, regardless if it was trendy at the time or not, teal fits perfectly for both the Charlotte Hornets and the Florida Marlins. They took the ball and ran with it, perfectly.

The....Sharks never truly embraced it quite like the Hornets and Marlins did.

Perfectly? The Marlins have barely worn teal for 10 years. That's "taking the ball and running with it"? The Sharks have worn teal, in one shade or another, as their primary colour every season since they started playing. In my opinion the Sharks have done a better job of making teal their own then the Marlins ever have.

You can go on about how it doesn't work with hockey (what? how?) but that doesn't change the fact that the Sharks have worn teal as their primary colour longer then the Marlins have.

Flamboyant colours are the perfect fit for Miami, in my opinion. Like admiral said a few pages back, the Miami of the public consciousness is the 80s neon/art deco image.

Granted this isn't Miami, but why do you think so many people want the Bucs to return to their creamsicle uniforms? It's because the bright orange and coral seem perfect for a Florida-based team.

Plus, blatantly ripping off Viacom's logo and then using Maroon 5's 'Moves Like Jagger' album colors further shows a lack of creativity.

One letter that looks like it could kind of maybe fit in with the font used for Viacom's outdated logo (yes, Viacom doesn't even use that font anymore, here's the current Viacom logo) does not mean they "ripped off" Viacom.

Further, while there are similarities between the new Marlins logo and the Maroon 5 logo it's not really a ripoff. Using colours to simulate a sunset within the M and the addition of the abstract marlin differentiate it enough.

We get it, you don't like the new Marlins logo. That's fine. You're capable of expressing that without making absurd claims though.

Archived