New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, if the stadium's state-of-the-art, then it will help attendance numbers even to people who don't give a flying :censored: about baseball, but want to see that stadium. In their first full year in the SkyDome, the Jays drew 3.9 million fans, and then proceeded to reach 4 million three straight seasons. Then again, they were also winning pennants. Oh well, it will at least help a bit, and really, you can't do much worse.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm glad to hear it.

Easy to claim "little humor" when you're tossing insults at others. I really hope that you leave trolling in the past.

Never insulted anyone. One way argue I bashed the owner and his marketing dept (which I would agree). But other than that, I didn't insult anyone.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Of course you didn't.

Fair enough ....I don't want to get those that are sensitive all fired up. I respect their differences and lifestyles.

I didn't see anyone's name nor did I single anyone out. By all means....who did I insult?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

grant_a_marlins2_sy_576.jpg

Holy :censored:. Is there really a game being played in that pic? Looked like nothing but an empty stadium to me at first glance.

Makes you wonder how a new stadium got apporved in the first place. Did the city or owner put up the money?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Holy :censored:. Is there really a game being played in that pic? Looked like nothing but an empty stadium to me at first glance.

Makes you wonder how a new stadium got apporved in the first place. Did the city or owner put up the money?

$155m from the owner, $347m from the county, $13m from the city.

Holy ****!!! One has to wonder how on earth they will be able to turn a -$515m debt into profit. That's a massive uphill (more like mountain) battle.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

200906041431163.jpg

I see orange, blue, yellow, even black. The Marlins new colors are good by me.

Is it bad if the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic was a really high quality Grand Theft Auto: Vice City screenshot?

LMAO....I won't lie, GTA:Vice City came to mind many times.

Vice-City-Multiplayer_3.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Is it bad if the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic was a really high quality Grand Theft Auto: Vice City screenshot?

No, that looks like the beach right across from the hotel where you start the game. I loved going on the beach and running down innocent bystanders with a tank.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have chosen a spot on Google Maps Street View at complete freaking random, as evidenced by the fact that I clearly haven't had a lot of time since my last post to go around e-throwing e-darts at an e-map.

http://maps.google.c...2,76.15,,0,4.07

Even in this slum, behold! Bright colors! I spot light blue, some pink, sort of a melon color here and there.

Dude, you're not from Cleve.....Miami. You just wouldn't understand.

I guess the Columbus Blue Jackets should start using these colors too then.

Columbus_Ohio_col12_large.jpg

black+and+white+chicago+skyline.jpg

Looks like the White Sox got it just about perfect. ;)

I hated going to games at SunLife, but with the new stadium I know i'll be going at least 2-3 times next year.

Whoah, let's not get crazy here. Gotta leave some time for the family.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Holy ****!!! One has to wonder how on earth they will be able to turn a -$515m debt into profit. That's a massive uphill (more like mountain) battle.

given their track record and level of support I'd say profitability will be very difficult to achieve.

Like I siad, they may be a product of 90's trend, but that is when they were born and that's the colors they should present. The Grizzles and Sharks never truly embraced it quite like the Hornets and Marlins did.

The Sharks didn't?

72326317_display_image.jpg?1301985680

I suppose, but IMO, teal and ice hockey just don't mesh well. It wasn't ugly, but I think no other teams compared to the Hornets and Marlins when using teal.

The Sharks original look was outright the best implementation of teal in pro sports. They chose the perfect shade of it. The Hornets and Marlins IMHO still had a bit too much aqua/green in it to make it work, which is why they aged quicker and seemed more gimmicky than San Jose. The Sharks could have stuck with their original color set and still seemed up to date.

And here I was thinking the Buffalo Bisons had the worst attendance of any pro baseball team in the States. I was driving by their stadium one day and saw pretty much this scene in the ballpark, but even they had more fans.

People keep talking about them selling a lot based on the colors repping Miami, or the design being more out-there than other baseball identities. But what if they had made their colors match the Heat? No doubt the Heat sell very well down there, and if you need a cap to match your jersey...boom, Marlins sell a cap. Seems to work in Boston and Pittsburgh. Not to say that's the only reason those clubs sell hats, but it doesn't hurt. Make an outlandish-type design that reps Miami, and is also in Heat colors. Bad idea?

Archived